Startups Questions

1 Votes
1 Answers
3.61K Views
How to deal a Voluntary Exit from Startup

We are a 3 people company running from last 3+ years, we have our share holding agreement with equal share for each of us but no specific vesting clauses. Now i am planning to quit for personal...

asked Jan 25 '15 at 21:14
Blank
StartupGuy
6 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
2.33K Views
What are the fundamental aspects of startups that entrepreneurs should learn before starting?

I'm looking to quit the corporate rat race and start my business. What are some basics I should read up on first before starting?

asked Apr 17 '15 at 12:14
Blank
Kimberly Lindley
12 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
3.46K Views
Is it possible to build and scale a startup with only remote employees?

It would save considerable overhead expenses on things like rent and health insurance in some cases (for those employees who are in other countries).What about VCs? Would they look upon such a...

asked Apr 20 '15 at 12:57
Blank
Jason George
14 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
2.69K Views
Is it worth printing business cards these days for startups?

We run a web based SaaS startup. Should we even bother printing business cards out? I don't remember the last time anyone handed one out.

asked Apr 28 '15 at 11:43
Blank
Patrick Hamilton
9 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
3.67K Views
I get a ton of startup ideas. How to decide which one to work on?

I'm constantly getting startup ideas. It's always been a problem for me as I often lose focus on the current project and want to jump ship onto the next idea which has me excited.How can I decide...

asked May 1 '15 at 11:57
Blank
Kristen Becker
12 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
3.01K Views
How to raise money if you don't have a network or went to an ivy league school?

It turns out that most new founders that get seed funded usually get their foot in the VC door via: Recommended by someone Worked at a well known company like Google or FB Went to an ivy league...

asked May 19 '15 at 21:14
Blank
Juan Bourg
11 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
2.45K Views
How to overcome being an introvert as a new startup founder?

I am an engineer turned founder who is having a tough time coming out of my introverted shell. It's a barrier that I'm trying to overcome in order to finally hire my first employee and possibly...

asked May 20 '15 at 15:42
Blank
Morgan Skeen
11 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
3.54K Views
New SAAS product: Adwords or GetApp/FindTheBest type approach for marketing?

I have a new task management app. Born out of frustration that the current models out there are lacking in a bunch of features you would think would be obvious plus I added a new feature which I...

asked May 30 '15 at 02:30
Blank
Paul Moran
6 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.77K Views
I'm building an encyclopedia site. How can I ensure my new startup generates enough revenue?

I am starting a web encyclopedia in Nigeria but my fear is how to generate revenue with this online encyclopedia.

asked May 29 '15 at 22:08
Blank
Hassan Sani
6 points

2 Votes
3 Answers
3.6K Views
Is it possible to compete with Facebook with a new social network?

Facebook seems to have become too commercialized for their own good. I would love to build a new social network that gets back to the basics, but not sure if it will be worth it.Considering how...

asked Jun 12 '15 at 12:42
Blank
Chester Trujillo
14 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
3.04K Views
How is best to promote your Business' Social Media?

I've recently just revealed the branding for my up-coming start-up (still in development) and the aim to generate an interest before we officially launch the site - a few months down the line....

asked Jun 14 '15 at 13:07
Blank
Reece Matthews
76 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
2.44K Views
What is the most critical decision your made in your startup?

What's the most challenging problem you faced in your business and had to make a critical decision?Mine was accepting that our niche wasn't big enough (due to lack of due diligence done before...

asked Jun 14 '15 at 15:11
Blank
Melvin Jordan
51 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
3.38K Views
Are there any startup related classes / seminars in Boston?

I'm moving to the Boston area for a job and have to venture into building my business on the side. Since this will be a first for me, I would love to learn from the startup experts. Are there any...

asked Jun 29 '15 at 09:58
Blank
Alvaro Perkins
1 point

1 Votes
0 Answers
3.98K Views
Build a career or do a start up?

I have been working for the past 2 years on my start up product as it stands: 1) I have the mobile application built and ready for launch 2) The backend is all done3) We have conducted beta...

asked Oct 3 '15 at 00:35
Blank
User34199
46 points

4 Votes
3 Answers
9.05K Views
Should startups send investors their pitch deck over email before the meeting?

PROS: Get a "no" early and avoid a wasted meeting. Provide foundation so that meeting time is more useful. CONS: Investors may forward deck to your competitors. Without presenting the deck in...

asked Mar 28 '14 at 05:54
Blank
Michael Feng
51 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.18K Views
Best city in the US which has a startup scene AND a low cost of living?

San Francisco and New York are notorious for their high cost of living. While the startup scene on those two cities is great, the downside is even a $100K+ salary means a mediocre living...

asked Jun 14 '15 at 17:40
Blank
Sara Shepard
12 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
3.33K Views
Should I attend Startup Weekend if I haven't decided on an idea?

Is Startup Weekend worth attending for someone who wants to start their own business, but haven't yet decided on an idea? I have been exploring some concepts but haven't come across one stands out.

asked Jun 2 '14 at 15:12
Blank
Cynthia Mc Kay
6 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
3.02K Views
Most common mistakes first-time founders make?

For bootstrapped startups, what are the most common mistakes that "newbie" founders make?

asked Jun 4 '14 at 14:11
Blank
Phillip Anderson
6 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.84K Views
Consulting firms: should you NOT target startups as clients?

Should web development consulting firms try to avoid targeting startups as clients? One of the key issues with startups is funding (most don't have any) and the ones that have raised a small seed,...

asked May 30 '14 at 13:14
Blank
Arthur Baxter
7 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
4.1K Views
Average salary of a seed stage funded founder?

Assuming a startup raised a round smaller than $500K, what should the founder's salary be? The startup is located in San Francisco, so the cost of living is pretty high. Would angel investors be...

asked May 22 '14 at 12:57
Blank
Sylvia Rubio
12 points