Startups Questions

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.35K Views
Should I work for a startup before starting my own?

I am about to graduate and thinking about either getting a job at a startup (my first) or just finding an idea to bootstrap.Would you say that working a few years for startups is good pre-cursor or...

asked Feb 27 '14 at 11:27
Blank
Michael Stewart
95 points

2 Votes
3 Answers
2.09K Views
Building a reviews website: how can I get samples from companies to review?

I looking to build a niche CNET type of site. My niche is reviewing fitness products like FitBit. How can I get companies to provide me a review unit? I would return it back after testing it out...

asked Mar 2 '14 at 02:22
Blank
Brenda Carpenter
45 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
1.9K Views
Preparing a backup plan for your startup if you get hit by a bus?

What procedures and things should you have in place in advance to prevent catastrophic failure of your business if you die?

asked Mar 1 '14 at 02:45
Blank
David Luna
95 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.56K Views
Cons of raising venture capital?

Everyone talks about the benefits of raising money.What are some negatives of being a funded startup?

asked Mar 1 '14 at 11:31
Blank
Linda Peterson
60 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.14K Views
Best way to ask for honest feedback on your startup?

How can you ask for honest, actionable feedback on your startup from friends in the industry? One of the things about the bay area is that no one ever tell the other person that their idea sucks.Is...

asked Feb 28 '14 at 20:24
Blank
Crystal Bryant
20 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.41K Views
Which should I pick: 5% equity or $100,000 performance bonus in an early stage startup less than two years old?

I have the option to take either 5% equity (vested over 4 years) or a $100K cash bonus (paid over 2 years) in a startup that I joined a year ago. The company is less than two years old and we have...

asked Feb 28 '14 at 15:58
Blank
Henrietta Fernandez
35 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
2.61K Views
Why are some startups in "stealth mode" if ideas are worthless. And how do they raise money from VCs?

At any given point, there are many VC funded startups in stealth mode. What's the benefit of being in stealth if "execution is everything" anyway? How do VCs justify funding such a startup since...

asked Feb 26 '14 at 13:00
Blank
Antonio Comer
130 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.22K Views
Which tasks should you begin to delegate as a founder when your startup starts growing?

When your startup begins to grow, what things should you start to delegate? And what things should I continue to do / monitor myself? We make mobile apps and some of them are starting to get a...

asked Feb 21 '14 at 01:03
Blank
Steven Cox
11 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
12.2K Views
Does owning x% equity in a company mean you will get x% of the profits yearly?

If I join a startup that is offering me 10% equity and they become profitable, does that mean I will get 10% of the profits they make each year? At what point in a startup's life does it start...

asked Feb 21 '14 at 15:57
Blank
Duane Clark
50 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.25K Views
Why do so many startups begin as a consultancy?

So many SaaS companies started out as consulting shops. With venture capital and angel funding readily available why do so many startups go the consulting way first?Are there any other benefits to...

asked Feb 21 '14 at 12:33
Blank
Warren Anderson
35 points

3 Votes
2 Answers
3.01K Views
You find a time machine and go back in time. What would you do differently with your startup?

Things you overlooked when starting out? Things you wish you hadn't neglected (such as expenditures)? What should have been outsourced?

asked Feb 14 '14 at 21:43
Blank
User30132
16 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
3.04K Views
What are your favorite accounting / financial hacks for startups?

Are there any unique tips and tricks that you use in your startup when it comes to credit cards, expenses, etc?

asked Feb 13 '14 at 12:29
Blank
User30111
1 point

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.38K Views
Why join a startup vs a larger, established company?

What are the risks and rewards of joining a startup? I'm a recent graduate and have received two offers, one from a startup (4-person) and a much larger established company. I know the answers...

asked Feb 12 '14 at 12:18
Blank
Alexander
6 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
2.61K Views
Promote an enterprise application - Crowdfunding or investors

Let me introduce my situation. I made an intensive research about the area of my product (that is a software), I have the prototype, the business plan, the promo video, the landing page and blog...

asked Feb 20 '14 at 22:39
Blank
------
1 point