Startupvisa Questions

1 Votes
4 Answers
1.71K Views
Can i Get B1 Visa : Please Help

My company is based out of USA, I have been working for the same company since past 2+ Yrs from Remote (Work from Home HYD, INDIA). recently our CEO have informed me that he would like to take me...

asked Nov 28 '13 at 12:56
Blank
User29822
11 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.6K Views
What is a valid US visa for an Indian cofounder in an accelarated tech startup

A friend of mine in India is a cofounder of a company in the US that has just raised 100k$ in seed money from an accelerator similar to YCombinator(very well respected), but does not have an H1-B....

asked Aug 26 '13 at 23:59
Blank
Slartibartfast
106 points

3 Votes
1 Answers
2.27K Views
Equity equation as 3rd member of a startup

I was working for a startup as a remote contractor for couple of months. The founders of the startups are non technical and I am the only one technical person into the team. After working with...

asked Aug 18 '12 at 19:46
Blank
Arnold
16 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.38K Views
I'm on H1B that I want to keep, but I'm about to co-found a start-up

I don't want to risk my H1B and current job at all. I currently work at a fortune 500 company and it's a really nice deal. However, I helped build this great website which will be an automated...

asked Aug 4 '12 at 16:10
Blank
Giorgi
11 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.82K Views
Starting a company in the US as a foreigner

I am a student from Germany, and I want to start a company in the US. I've given starting it here first and then eventually expanding to the US some serious consideration, however, the chances of...

asked Jul 22 '12 at 08:43
Blank
Alex
51 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
3.04K Views
How can a H1b visa holder be a co-founder with another Green Card holder co-founder?

I am on an H1b Visa working for company A. My Green Card has just been filed. My friend is a Green Card holder working for company B. We want to start a start-up business as co-founders. Can...

asked Mar 10 '12 at 07:48
Blank
Raj
24 points

3 Votes
1 Answers
1.94K Views
Starting a business from the UK as self employed, with an eventual goal to employ US Citizens and move to the US to work - possible?

I'm currently working on building an online business based around travel and tourism and eventually I'll need to employ people in the US, located in a specific area. The end goal is that I'll be...

asked Feb 9 '12 at 01:01
Blank
Rick M
118 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
4.01K Views
Can I do volunteer work for Non profit Organization while on H1B for other company?

I am currently on H1B visa, I want to do some volunteer work for a non profit organization on my free time and weekends, helping with some web development. I will not get any monetary benefits from...

asked Dec 26 '11 at 04:45
Blank
User995487
28 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
2.67K Views
Where to post job for early stage startup

We are bootstrapping and offering equity. We're seeking a front end developer. We posted on startuply.com but are looking for other places. We used one location on craigslist. Anywhere else we...

asked Dec 18 '11 at 04:29
Blank
John Deer
11 points

4 Votes
2 Answers
1.79K Views
H1-B entrepreneur

I am on H1 b visa and my employer posted the perm ad for EB2 green card now. I plan to buy an existing business in my area of expertise, and has 1Million loan approved from the bank.I plan to 1....

asked Dec 5 '11 at 08:28
Blank
Sat
23 points

3 Votes
3 Answers
3.5K Views
Does Very Early stage start-ups hire H1Bs

I was reading through this blog post http://onstartups.com/tabid/3339/bid/72696/DON-T-start-a-company-yet.aspx and i totally agree and that is what I am trying to do. Even though I want to start...

asked Nov 23 '11 at 01:58
Blank
User995487
28 points

5 Votes
1 Answers
2.92K Views
How do I apply for a visa to work on my startup in the U.S.?

I am a founder from China. I am looking for a chance to move to the U.S to build up my company, especially California - a great place for IT companies. The Startup Visa (EB-6) is a great bill, but...

asked Sep 27 '11 at 21:16
Blank
Anlai
375 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.05K Views
When will the Startup Visa be passed?

I know that the Startup Visa is under discussion in congress. But does anyone know when this visa will be passed, or what the process of passing the bill is? I'm looking for this visa.

asked Sep 20 '11 at 01:48
Blank
Anlai
375 points

3 Votes
2 Answers
3.13K Views
Bringing in partner who is on an H4 Visa

My brother and I started a game company about 5 months ago. We are a general partnership. We recently went to a hackathon and I brought a friend from school as our dedicated game designer. We...

asked Aug 29 '11 at 15:26
Blank
Edgar Miranda
230 points

6 Votes
1 Answers
2.38K Views
EB-2 Visa Amendment: How to apply for the visa for my new startup to be based out of the valley

Has anyone applied for new business visa (EB-2 amendment) to startup in the valley? Can someone share their experience? What is the procedure? Do you need an American citizen as a...

asked Aug 13 '11 at 14:55
Blank
Quintin
101 points

5 Votes
7 Answers
18.4K Views
Can I start a company and sponsor my H1b to work for that company?

I am currently on a student visa (F1) at a community college. About two years ago I was laid off from work. My former employer had filed for my H1B. After the lay off I did a change of status to be...

asked Jul 13 '11 at 13:38
Blank
Sid
44 points

3 Votes
3 Answers
1.99K Views
In immigration limbo, want to start a startup

I am a legal immigrant (h1b) with lots to technical background (over 10 years) and been craving to start my own startup... I've worked for other startups as consultant before.. and I feel I do have...

asked May 27 '11 at 08:35
Blank
Xoail
365 points

3 Votes
1 Answers
2.09K Views
Do the number of founders matter for the Startup Visa?

Under the current state of the Startup Visa, does the number of founders matter for the Startup Visa? Is the minimum investment still 250k$ if there are two foreign founders?

asked Apr 11 '10 at 08:51
Blank
J. Pablo Fernández
412 points