Strategy Questions

0 Votes
0 Answers
2.22K Views
What are some of the potential market sizing techniques for a rather unconventional idea (app for something which is not online)?

What are some of the potential market sizing techniques for a rather unconventional idea (app for something which is not online)?

asked Mar 21 '20 at 06:12
Blank
Vipin Kv
1 point

4 Votes
2 Answers
4.8K Views
Best way to roll out major changes to a site?

We've been working on a new version of Bright Journey for a long time now and it's finally coming to fruition (putting the final touches).There are some changes that might initially disorient...

asked Jul 24 '15 at 06:41
Blank
Nishank Khanna
4,265 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
2.65K Views
Which strategy is better when starting an eCommerce site: lower prices than competition or value add?

I'm looking to buy electronics (unlocked phones) from a wholesaler and sell them online.What's a better strategy to compete with other sites selling the same product? Should I lower my margins and...

asked Jul 7 '14 at 21:25
Blank
Morgan Barra
2 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
2.81K Views
Creating a dating site without sleazy tactics like fake profiles?

All the current dating sites (Plentyoffish, OkCupid, etc) started by first creating hundreds of thousands of fake profiles and activity to attract users.And then slowly scaling back on those fake...

asked Jul 11 '14 at 14:19
Blank
Kandy Max
12 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
3.76K Views
Using Open Source software as a marketing tactic?

Is it a good idea to offer a less featured version of your software as open source as a marketing strategy? It obviously has worked well for companies like MySQL and wondering if it could work for...

asked Sep 9 '14 at 15:42
Blank
Glenda Gregory
12 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
14.2K Views
How do classified sites like Craigslist make money?

How does Craigslist generate revenue when both posting and responding to listings is free? The only category they seem to charge for is the jobs section.Is that enough of a revenue source for them...

asked Sep 16 '14 at 15:57
Blank
Joseph Long
14 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
3.46K Views
SaaS pricing: many smaller customers paying $x or a few customers paying $x,xxx? Which is better?

We are in a unique SaaS segment which has few competitors. In terms of pricing our plans, is it better to charge a premium (and get fewer customers) or price them low and potentially get a large...

asked May 1 '15 at 12:29
Blank
Bruce Wigington
12 points

2 Votes
3 Answers
2.91K Views
Post launch: when should we pivot or call it quits if our startup isn't getting many users?

It always happens when I launch new apps. A month or two into marketing it, there is very little growth or paid customers. Which leads to me losing interest or getting pessimistic about the app...

asked May 22 '15 at 11:43
Blank
Robert Miller
14 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
2.44K Views
What is the most critical decision your made in your startup?

What's the most challenging problem you faced in your business and had to make a critical decision?Mine was accepting that our niche wasn't big enough (due to lack of due diligence done before...

asked Jun 14 '15 at 15:11
Blank
Melvin Jordan
51 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.56K Views
How to find the right advisors?

As our product development goes along, we are looking for more advisors to form an advisory board - we need well considered input from people who have already proven themselves in the tech / IoT...

asked Jun 28 '15 at 12:01
Blank
Alexander Hill
1 point

2 Votes
1 Answers
3.53K Views
What are the cons of going with Lean Startup Strategy?

What should one consider before going with Lean Startup and MVP Strategy. Are there any cons that one should be aware of?

asked Aug 19 '11 at 18:56
Blank
Atul Goyal
496 points

3 Votes
3 Answers
2.56K Views
Right time to start adwords ads?

We recently launched a food gift website where you can create & personalize your gift. The site has several innovative features which people like a lot. There is an online food gift market in...

asked Feb 25 '12 at 08:30
Blank
John
16 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
2.93K Views
Content strategy for an apparel company?

I got my first client the other day for my social media & content marketing consulting business. They are an apparel company.What are some ways you would go about creating a content strategy...

asked Feb 28 '14 at 13:03
Blank
Sarah Jones
45 points

5 Votes
4 Answers
3.12K Views
First time in a startup meeting. What should I take care before it?

I am going to a startup seminar/meeting this week where there will be entrepreneurs, investors and business people . I am getting ready for my startup 's online/offline presence, hopefully that...

asked Oct 31 '11 at 12:03
Blank
Nikolai
125 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
3.2K Views
Why do some companies charge high upfront then mass give free promotion codes?

Godaddy usually sell their products (domain and hosting services) at high prices then give an option to enter a promotion code. There's nothing unusual about that, except that these promotion codes...

asked Aug 14 '13 at 00:37
Blank
Pacerier
317 points

4 Votes
4 Answers
3.91K Views
How to find a technical co-founder without compromising our company's plans?

We are a team of 2 and we hit an idea about a social media startup some time back. Everything said and done we know that we don't have a tech cofounder. while we look for one we don't want to...

asked Jun 30 '11 at 05:26
Blank
Vishal
73 points

4 Votes
3 Answers
2.41K Views
What if my startup concept is not new?

After having worked on my startup concept for few weeks I realised that some form of the same product as we are planning is already in the market. We do believe that we can do it better and bring...

asked Jun 30 '11 at 05:32
Blank
Vishal
73 points

3 Votes
3 Answers
3.24K Views
Strategies for pricing tables? What are some of your pricing hacks?

Creating a pricing table for my product. What are some of your favorite pricing hacks you've learnt from experience and tests?

asked Feb 28 '14 at 17:07
Blank
Robert Collins
160 points

2 Votes
3 Answers
3.09K Views
100% remote teams: how do you collaboration?

What tools and strategies do you recommend for 100% remote teams to collaborate? Our team of 6 is spread across the globe. Also, how can you create a company culture in such a case?

asked May 14 '14 at 14:43
Blank
Patty Balderas
14 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.41K Views
Entire sales process when selling to enterprise clients?

What does a full sales cycle look like when selling a SaaS solution to enterprise clients?Here is what I think is how it works: Try to find a decision maker at the company. Try to contact that...

asked May 22 '14 at 18:28
Blank
Sheryl Chung
4 points