Strategy Questions

3 Votes
2 Answers
3.1K Views
Ways to reduce customer acquisition costs?

What are some strategies and tips to reduce customer acquisition costs? Lets assume you have found that SEO, PPC, display ads, and lead generation are the four channels that work best for you. How...

asked May 13 '14 at 14:41
Blank
Heather Thomas
19 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
3.65K Views
Does cold calling work for B2B SaaS applications?

Is cold calling a viable marketing channel for a B2B Saas product? We are trying every possible channel to see what sticks in order to get more paid customers.Cold calling has a higher investment...

asked May 9 '14 at 01:10
Blank
Mike Lambert
1 point

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.33K Views
What is Amazon's strategy for continued growth?

With the size and market share that Amazon already size, their growth rate is getting smaller and smaller.What could Amazon.com's potential strategy be to continue growing their empire?

asked Apr 19 '14 at 16:27
Blank
Anh Martin
6 points

3 Votes
2 Answers
3.5K Views
How can startups create a moat or lock-in for their product?

Large companies do it with lengthy contracts or brand recognition. What strategies can startups use to lock users in. Not in terms of a shady practice like not letting them export data, but in...

asked Apr 27 '14 at 13:29
Blank
John Boucher
16 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.39K Views
Should you have a cap on sales commissions?

I have a small sales team that gets a commission for each new client they sign on for a B2B SaaS app.Should I cap their commissions at some point? What are some strategies on how to structure sales...

asked Apr 18 '14 at 21:40
Blank
Patricia Brock
12 points

3 Votes
2 Answers
3.2K Views
Lesser known strategies with "broken link building"

What are some ways to improve results from "broken link building" (where you contact sites that have a broken link to help them correct it and also get a link placed to yours in the process).Any...

asked Apr 11 '14 at 17:12
Blank
Albert Lewis
16 points

3 Votes
2 Answers
3.2K Views
Using Instagram as a marketing channel?

What are some strategies to use Instagram as a marketing channel for your website?

asked Mar 10 '14 at 17:57
Blank
Randy Juan
40 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
1.89K Views
Benchmarking religion: how to create a marketing strategy as good as people who invented religions?

At the risk of getting down-voted into oblivion by people who are religious...What can we learn about marketing from the way all religions were created?If you really think about, there is no...

asked Mar 13 '14 at 08:49
Blank
Lisa Lawson
150 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.24K Views
Best practices for SaaS user on-boarding?

What are some good practices and strategies for on-boarding users on a SaaS app?Most of my users signup for the free version to try out the app. How can I tailer the on-boarding process to result...

asked Mar 3 '14 at 05:12
Blank
Willie Kline
20 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.91K Views
How to make people to speak about their handicap? Especially ADD/ADHD

We've built a homepage to help people suffering from ADD/ADHD by learning poems. The homepage is built for mostly the k8-k12 sector. (nice drawings, text for children, etc.)But our stats are not as...

asked Dec 3 '13 at 11:12
Blank
Picibucor
69 points

0 Votes
0 Answers
1.76K Views
Starting-up in FOOD. Just 1 question I can't find an answer to

For some time I was involved in tech startups a lot, and obviously used the lean methodology. Some time ago though, I got an interesting offer from a corporate (one of the largest meat processors...

asked Oct 28 '13 at 02:56
Blank
Ilja
1 point

1 Votes
1 Answers
1.8K Views
How can I attract investors for insurance software? Is there an avenue for this type of technology software?

I have designed an insurance software. QFD - Smart Design is an Insurance Accelerator which is designed to assist insurance companies with sales and the up-selling of their product lines. I hide...

asked Nov 5 '13 at 05:37
Blank
Michel Sabourin
6 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
2.07K Views
Is it better to incorporate when deciding to design software and market it yourself?

Suppose I had an idea for a software and I wanted to hire offshore developers/contractors to help me with this idea. Would it be more efficient/better for me if I incorporated? Will IP...

asked Sep 14 '13 at 01:44
Blank
B Dillan
13 points

3 Votes
5 Answers
2.99K Views
How to motivate members to start using websites?

last year, i had like 8000 members, 2000 twitter followers, 2000 on facebook page, still can't motivate the members to be active on the site. it's a competition type of sites, you pay 2$ you enter...

asked Sep 29 '13 at 09:05
Blank
Fischer
116 points

8 Votes
2 Answers
2.55K Views
When did you know it was time to leave the 9-5?

Software dev myself - been working on startup idea for a four months now - I'm a solo founder ( until I can find the right person) - as previous partnerships were difficult to maintain My...

asked Aug 12 '13 at 22:33
Blank
Code Talk
253 points

1 Votes
4 Answers
2.2K Views
When to decide how to monetize your product?

I am not sure if I should wait till I have multitudes of users, or just start monetizing it now. My first instinct would be just to allow it to be monetized by ads. I only need it to pay for...

asked Aug 22 '13 at 08:03
Blank
Dkroy
130 points

3 Votes
6 Answers
3.6K Views
How do investors feel about investing in an outsourced MVP?

We are a semi non-technical team, that has access to technical people that will oversee the technical side of the build. Our thoughts, are to use the working MVP to validate the idea, and hopefully...

asked Apr 28 '13 at 05:16
Blank
Derek
164 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
1.85K Views
Is this back link strategy a poor business decision?

I have a health related website which I am in no rush to monetize, my first priority is to build page rank and dominate the serps. I am thinking about letting healthcare providers advertise their...

asked May 4 '13 at 07:48
Blank
Jdh
182 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
2.77K Views
Need help to understand the pros and cons between open source vs closed source license for webapp?

I'd like to ask you for the help/advise to come out of the problem that came out recently in our group. We're working for 3-4 months on the web application similar to http://instagram.com/ or...

asked May 10 '13 at 22:06
Blank
Igor
111 points

2 Votes
5 Answers
2.37K Views
Strategies for When One Discovers Competitor

For that past few months, I've been building a product that targets a specific niche. The kind of product I have been building hasn't been around the marketplace, and I knew there is a...

asked Mar 7 '13 at 06:34
Blank
K2x L
111 points