Strategy Questions

2 Votes
2 Answers
1.81K Views
Hiring own team or outsourcing

I have recently started reading the blog and I feel it has been really helpful and helped me anticipate problems that I would not have foreseen otherwise. My question is related to the decision of...

asked Jan 31 '13 at 00:52
Blank
Trana
24 points

-1 Votes
1 Answers
1.48K Views
Solar retailer business in india?

I am Sakthivel from india. I am willing to start a retail selling business on all solar products to general public in chennai. There are few facts for this decision. My state is in deficiency of...

asked Feb 6 '13 at 16:23
Blank
Codebrain
187 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
2.19K Views
Which is the best naming strategy scenario to follow for our startup?

a colleagues and I are trying to find the most appropriate name for our startup, is about software consulting for small companies. We already have established a small company that we deal with web...

asked Feb 8 '13 at 23:25
Blank
Nikolai
125 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.47K Views
What are the pros and cons of having a business model - snatching other businesses existing customers, just a month before renewal?

What are the pros and cons of having a business model - snatching other businesses existing customers, especially a month or two before they renew with them? Is there any business term for what I...

asked Dec 15 '12 at 17:20
Blank
Anilkumble789
6 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
2.47K Views
Do people consider gamification a feature, business concept, or strategy?

I took a course on gamification it cleared a lot of thing up but I'm still confuse. A gamified app or website has to be build from ground up through the lens of a game designer. So, I think is a...

asked Dec 23 '12 at 13:33
Blank
Zapoo
303 points

5 Votes
3 Answers
2.65K Views
Best strategies for approaching customers via phone

We are currently creating a spin-off from the university, that offers services to biotech/pharma companies. We have tried to reach our first customers by cold emails, but we were not very...

asked Dec 27 '12 at 18:55
Blank
Flow
114 points

4 Votes
2 Answers
2.32K Views
How to transform a free trial user to a paying one?

We are a B2B web company, which offers a tool for online sellers ( amazon, ebay ). Since we got more and more free trial user, our ratio from trial to paying ( which was before near 80% ) got...

asked Dec 6 '12 at 07:43
Blank
Michael Hirn
21 points

4 Votes
1 Answers
2.18K Views
Built a company? When did you realize you needed a COO (or ops exec)?

I am in the midst of writing a follow-up article to one I have written to address some myths about startups and operations executives. In 15 years I have been through 9 startups (co-founder in 2...

asked Oct 30 '12 at 12:48
Blank
Apollo Sinkevicius
3,323 points

13 Votes
4 Answers
2.69K Views
Already 120,000 monthly visitors but almost no revenue

I am starting to get very frustrated, after 2 yrs of crazy amounts of work and $70K invested and having my website online for 1 yr I already have 120,000 monthly visitors but still can't monetize...

asked Sep 4 '12 at 04:31
Blank
Daniel
66 points

1 Votes
4 Answers
2.4K Views
What to do when an investor ask for a percentage of future revenues

We have a profitable hardware and SaaS business. some clients want to obtain a 12-month financing to buy our hardware. we need extra money to allow it. that would increase our monthly income by...

asked Aug 24 '12 at 02:14
Blank
Sd Reyes
156 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
1.52K Views
Can my Unique Selling Point just be the deliver of the solution of a problem?

I am creating a new website and it's a very common one, about upcoming events. The difference of me and the competition is how I deliver the events to the people that is kind of strange and clever...

asked Jul 25 '12 at 20:58
Blank
Nikolai
125 points

8 Votes
6 Answers
4.03K Views
How to approach SEO for a new website?

We have just launched (yesterday actually!) a website for our startup - providing mobile and Facebook app development services. Sales will totally drive from leads generated from the website....

asked Jul 21 '12 at 17:21
Blank
Ali
179 points

2 Votes
6 Answers
2.14K Views
Business model for upcoming events web page

I have developed a local upcoming events web page, that aims to deliver the events in a different way than other similar services. The event organisers will list their events but at a cost. My...

asked Jul 22 '12 at 23:49
Blank
Nikolai
125 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.15K Views
Better revenue model for local online business directory

I am starting a new startup that operates a local online business directory where you can find businesses (much like YP.com or superpages.com.) I am divided between the two revenue...

asked Jul 23 '12 at 10:37
Blank
Jacob Hart
6 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
1.74K Views
What is the best strategy to follow now?

We are a startup and our project consists of 4-5 sections, each one will have several standard and advanced features. What we will seek in the future is a funding. We are currently developing our...

asked May 12 '12 at 21:26
Blank
Nikolai
125 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.23K Views
Should I make a website open source?

I want to make a website, that is by definition a software, but I don't remind seeing any open source websites. My website like many is supposed to pay itself by ads. Is there a reason why I...

asked Mar 29 '12 at 21:53
Blank
Michelpm
109 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.29K Views
Who are the leading web advertising sales reps in the world? What kind of traffic do I need to have to get their attention?

I've tried feeding the question to Google, and various smaller alternatives of it too, but this seems to be the only page with even tangentially relevant info. My ultimate goal is to sell...

asked Mar 31 '12 at 21:52
Blank
Aditya Menon
112 points

3 Votes
4 Answers
2.76K Views
deciding on priorities for new features

we released a very limited version of our product but it misses lots of functionality. Our income will be based on retailers and there are certain functionality they will be looking for. And of...

asked Mar 7 '12 at 08:30
Blank
Altuure
103 points

2 Votes
4 Answers
2.37K Views
Can I have different co founders on different parts of the company?

I want to launch different web services which have different co founders under one company, And still keep them separated from each other? for example should one of the apps not do so well I don't...

asked Mar 9 '12 at 19:01
Blank
I Scotts
152 points

-2 Votes
1 Answers
1.47K Views
How should I organize my company's phone numbers?

Maybe the title is not the best to describe my question. We are a team that we want to create/organize some startups under our company name. Suppose you have this scenario. Our company is named...

asked Feb 22 '12 at 11:39
Blank
Nikolai
125 points