Strategy Questions

7 Votes
3 Answers
2.67K Views
What decision you made in 2009 had the biggest impact on the growth of your business?

I started treating - information as a commodity. This change in mindset opened up many more possibilities and opportunities. Basic idea is that much information can be treated like any food item....

asked Dec 3 '09 at 20:40
Blank
Arpit Tambi
1,050 points

4 Votes
3 Answers
3.89K Views
Website launch strategy with

My partner and I would like to lunch a new marketplace for products that, for obvious reasons, we can't disclose at this point. We don't have any patent or proprietary IP to raise the entrance...

asked Nov 13 '09 at 19:11
Blank
Gera
91 points

4 Votes
6 Answers
3.3K Views
Strategy for unveiling a social network?

I have identified a niche community, for which I want to build a social network. From compete.com, I see that the TAM is at least 10K unique active users. Their web activites revolve around an...

asked Nov 14 '09 at 11:38
Blank
John
96 points

1 Votes
6 Answers
3.06K Views
How would you market your service to a start-up?

I run a web solutions business and have helped start-ups implement their web strategies. Although, at this point it is pertinent for me to proactively approach new start-ups that are cash-rich and...

asked Oct 31 '09 at 00:16
Blank
Dhaval Doshi
29 points

4 Votes
2 Answers
2.7K Views
What are the best resources for learning about effective online advertising?

I know I can place ads on Google with Adwords, target ads to individuals' interests on Facebook, use an ad network that distributes my ad broadly, or even buy ads on specific individual...

asked Oct 20 '09 at 11:26
Blank
Chris W. Rea
688 points

5 Votes
4 Answers
3.05K Views
How to decide to fail fast vs sticking with your idea?

Many say you need to launch fast and then decide whether your idea works or not and then fail fast if needed. But how do you decide when to fail ( fail = stop working on current idea and start...

asked Oct 24 '09 at 01:05
Blank
Web Thinker
430 points

7 Votes
4 Answers
4.53K Views
What's are some good strategies to attract customers to a new website?

When startups launch a new web site or application, and initially have no customers, what is the best way to attract customers to the site? SEO? Adwords? Word of mouth?

asked Oct 10 '09 at 23:55
Blank
Alex Black
196 points

3 Votes
8 Answers
4.1K Views
Software start-ups: do you outsource your network admin?

For business, I tend to outsource a lot of things that I am more than capable of doing. Take, for example, office cleaning. Okay, I'm a slob, so in reality, it would never get done... but you get...

asked Oct 11 '09 at 01:52
Blank
Alex Papadimoulis
5,901 points

4 Votes
4 Answers
3.5K Views
How to find the right engineer / technology talent?

The question is simply "What approach should I take to find the right technology partner?" Some background for context: I am currently employed full time in my industry and have been for over a...

asked Oct 11 '09 at 11:52
Blank
User431
21 points

4 Votes
4 Answers
3.38K Views
Starting an online travel guide, any suggestions?

I am helping a client/friend build a site where he'll post a "definitive guide for the upscale traveler" for popular business and leisure destinations. I've already visited many travel guide...

asked Oct 12 '09 at 05:15
Blank
Dlynton
1,057 points

7 Votes
6 Answers
3.34K Views
Few ideas for products: How to assess them and get started?

If you have quite a few ideas for products, but none are knock-out-most-compelling to dive into, how do you decide which one to pursue? How much time do you invest in each one's research and...

asked Oct 10 '09 at 11:25
Blank
Cade Roux
196 points