Success Questions

9 Votes
4 Answers
3.3K Views
What would you do different if your startup was launching today?

With some new opportunities in front of me, I been pondering what I'd do differently from my last startup a little over 12 years ago. If you've founded a successful business, what would you do...

asked Mar 7 '10 at 06:09
Blank
Keith De Long
5,091 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
3.07K Views
Required meta skills for all entrepreneurs

What are the most important meta skills an entrepreneur should either have or develop to become more successful? When I refer to meta skills, I am referring to skills that can help a person...

asked Jan 22 '10 at 05:54
Blank
Barak Reeves
8 points

7 Votes
11 Answers
3.36K Views
Is capitalism really evil? How is your startup measuring success and promoting the common good?

Went to see (and enjoyed) the movie Avatar. I've been thinking about how the conventional wisdom says capitalists are evil, greedy, self serving, and a danger to the common good. The very real cost...

asked Dec 28 '09 at 06:42
Blank
Keith De Long
5,091 points

3 Votes
9 Answers
3.88K Views
Trends of Successful Technology Startups

What are trends or patterns of successful technology startups? Which is the sector where startups have been more successful? I see social networking as one, ex. Facebook.

asked Oct 25 '09 at 15:22
Blank
Rachel
173 points

3 Votes
3 Answers
2.21K Views
Do you have any real life stories/articles of successful tech entrepreneur to share?

I find stories from Founders at Work very inspiring and wondering if any of you keep collection of stories/articles that you found online.

asked Oct 15 '09 at 16:02
Blank
Seymour Cakes
166 points

3 Votes
7 Answers
3.16K Views
What is the statistic on number of startups that have made it?

I know that the term "making it" might be a very subjective term but I think we all have a sense for what it means. At some point in time having an actual revenue was considered "making it" but...

asked Oct 20 '09 at 12:41
Blank
Arman Arami
399 points

19 Votes
11 Answers
5.63K Views
"Which entrepreneurs have made $20mill+ in under a decade with a balanced lifestyle (no more than 50hrs work/wk)?

Do you think it’s possible to do it all? Myself and entrepreneur Martin Bjergegaard are making it our mission to find this out in hopes of writing a book outlining the lessons of our findings. We...

asked Oct 12 '09 at 17:17
Blank
Jordan Milne
116 points

5 Votes
5 Answers
3.05K Views
Anyone get closer to success after working on their startup part-time?

Many suggest to work on your prototype part-time and quit after getting some users. I found that it is hard to build a quality product on a part-time basis because of distractions. I have tried a...

asked Oct 12 '09 at 23:07
Blank
Web Thinker
430 points