Target Market Questions

1 Votes
0 Answers
2.93K Views
How to define your target market on a broad service?

One of the main reasons I've joined is to learn how I can best push a open-source product I've worked on with the occasional help of others over the years. Approach is most capable as a SaaS...

asked Feb 26 '14 at 20:48
Blank
Garet Claborn
324 points

5 Votes
3 Answers
2.9K Views
Options for targeting advertising on iOS devices

I'd like to put targeted ads in my free iOS application. My app serves a relatively niche group (say hobby fisherman). What's the best ad network to use? I've used Admob and Apple's iAds in other...

asked Feb 15 '12 at 03:59
Blank
Mr Database
129 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.89K Views
How to narrow a specific target market from a larger overall market? (B2B SaaS)

We're in the final stages of building an online quoting system that automates quoting and lead generation for B2B companies, via their own website. The overall market for our software is large -...

asked Apr 16 '11 at 15:38
Blank
Mike
252 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
3.22K Views
Deciding how broad or narrow a market to aim for

When you're not sure which market is worth aiming for, how do you figure out whether to go for a broad market (with lots of competition) or a narrow one (with no competition but good chance to slip...

asked Mar 20 '11 at 08:47
Blank
Platinum Azure
133 points

5 Votes
3 Answers
3.55K Views
How to find leads for a bootstrapped SaaS business?

Although Internet is huge and there are millions of users - this fact doesn't mean all of them would suddenly find your site and begin to purchase your product or service. It's an overcrowded...

asked May 15 '10 at 19:27
Blank
Kirill Blazhko
393 points

5 Votes
4 Answers
4.13K Views
Target market: niche vs broad appeal

My startup idea targets a rather specific target market: Small/medium businesses in the UK* that are recruiting directly (i.e. without the use of a recruitment agency) that wish to simplify the...

asked Feb 28 '10 at 14:35
Blank
William Lannen
195 points