Tax Questions

Entrepreneurs can set up their business as a Sole Proprietorship, C-corporation, S-corporation, partnership, non-profit, Limited Liability Company, or Limited Liability Partnership.

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.04K Views
Incorporated in US but expenses in another country?

I'm forming a US C corporation in Delaware. Paid the service fees to a lawyer and everything's ready to be filed. My goals are very simple as: Having a US presence for user credibility, Opening...

asked Nov 20 '12 at 17:07
Blank
Kavoir.Com
129 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
9.56K Views
Tax haven in Delaware with a single-member LLC formed by a non-resident alien?

While I'm researching what I need to pay in taxes for my LLC formed in Delaware (I'm a non-resident alien from China), I found this page which is very interesting:...

asked Nov 22 '12 at 20:02
Blank
Kavoir.Com
129 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.06K Views
Tax Year & Incorporation Question

My partner & I just won $30,000 in a business plan competition. We haven't incorporated yet (and therefore haven't cashed the check). We plan on spending all the money to get the business...

asked Nov 28 '12 at 04:12
Blank
Thread7
11 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
1.93K Views
Can my online sellers avoid applying for EIN if I pay the tax on their sales

I have an online Fashion catalog and I want to recruit lady college students as retailers. I provide them with an online shop (under their name), So if the lady student's name is Debbie, She can...

asked Dec 1 '12 at 22:40
Blank
Guy Hyams
1 point

0 Votes
2 Answers
1.93K Views
File Income Tax on Founder's Stock

Do I need to file an income tax return (as I just co-founded a company and filed the 83(b) election on the stocks I was issued ). I do not have any other monetary income. I do not plan of managing...

asked Nov 11 '12 at 06:44
Blank
Kgrover
106 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
1.85K Views
UK tax on US software company

This was partially addressed in another question, International tax on digital products for a US company, however, I'm still unclear as to what I need to do if the UK removes this threshold next...

asked Nov 16 '12 at 10:41
Blank
Geoff M
115 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
1.19K Views
Can someone describe a Business Purchase

First post here, but posted a lot in StackOverflow but looking to go solo now, so question number one: Business Purchase I know what this means but want to check.. What I think it means: I have...

Tax
asked Oct 22 '12 at 03:57
Blank
Tim.Baker
113 points

3 Votes
3 Answers
2.18K Views
Online sales and startup

What is the best way to go about getting more profit and paying less tax when it comes to selling something strictly online? Say I have a dual citizenship, to Canada and Mexico. And I do all my...

asked Oct 22 '12 at 15:49
Blank
Bazzi
16 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.22K Views
are there tax benefit considerations when choosing a fiscal year end for a canadian corporation?

For a canadian corporation, is there any tax considerations for choosing a specific date for the fiscal year end? (for example, is it different to end the year in April vs December in terms of tax...

asked Oct 24 '12 at 06:58
Blank
Dave
8 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.65K Views
I will live in 0% income tax zone, and my service is provided online, will I be obligated to pay any tax

Specifically I'm thinking of living in UAE. They don't have a tax treaty with the USA, but if the service is an online service, owned only by me and not incorporated, am I liable for anything? (I...

asked Oct 26 '12 at 22:33
Blank
Tom
121 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.57K Views
Apportioning annual expenses across multiple tax years

My wife is starting an architecture business as a sole proprietor. One significant expense is insurance. Suppose that she pays $10,000 for insurance now that covers the period Nov. 1, 2012 to...

asked Nov 1 '12 at 10:36
Blank
Kekito
1,936 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
1.94K Views
Collecting payments on behalf of someone else in the US

I'm developing a service that would collect subscriber's money for the webmaster, and we'd pay the website owner at the end of the month. So for example, 10 subscribers pay "us" (the service)...

asked Nov 1 '12 at 16:55
Blank
Nimbuz
174 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.07K Views
How are corportate 'starter' funds taxed, if at all?

When opening up a new corporate bank account, are initial deposits looked at as income, and therefore considered taxable? Or are they counted as 'funding' (or some other term) and therefore...

asked Nov 2 '12 at 07:01
Blank
Nas
6 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.16K Views
Reasons not to start as an S corporation for a small professional services firm

My understanding is that an S corporation is the easiest for a new firm, and can always be changed to a C corporation later. What are the reasons not to do it this way? The firm under...

asked Nov 3 '12 at 03:29
Blank
Math Attack
106 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.61K Views
Tax consequences of server location

We are about to set up our production environment in AWS and are wondering about the tax consequences of where the servers are located. We are a Swedish start-up and since AWS is cheapest in the US...

asked Oct 4 '12 at 16:15
Blank
Yrlec
108 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
4.62K Views
Transferring inventory into LLC

Formed LLC, but wonder how to account for inventory I've already purchased and will now sell via the company. I've been re-selling as a hobby, and now converting to a business. I'm in the US. No...

asked Oct 12 '12 at 09:16
Blank
Rob
6 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
2.47K Views
Why is selling in the Apple Appstore less profitable in Europe than in the US?

As you can see here, Apple appstore application sales in Europe are not as profitable for developers. To talk precisely, if you sell an app: in USA for 3.99 USD, you earn 2.80 USD in Europe for...

asked Sep 27 '12 at 20:05
Blank
Noway
192 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
1.79K Views
Tax deduction for imported IT goods and services

I have a partner in California and I own an IT Company outside USA with license to export. I'm planning a scenario where I export software we've developed and my partner import it into usa and...

Tax
asked Sep 29 '12 at 10:07
Blank
Darwin
110 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.53K Views
Starting an Australian company while living abroad?

How can an Australian citizen (or two) set up a company in Australia while living overseas? Is it possible to pay a professional (e.g. lawyer/accountant) to fulfill the requirements of having "at...

asked Sep 30 '12 at 08:25
Blank
Nomadhacker
11 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.13K Views
How to define US income on international sales?

I'm from Guatemala and i own a company here with license to export. Two days ago I ask another question here: Tax deduction for imported IT goods and services and @littleadv has given me a very...

asked Oct 2 '12 at 03:09
Blank
Darwin
110 points