Team Questions

5 Votes
4 Answers
2.88K Views
How to build a founding team

I am working on a startup idea, and currently I am taking it solo. I would very much like to have 1-2 other people to work on it with me. I am a programmer, and I would like a 2nd programmer, and...

asked Feb 15 '11 at 14:11
Blank
Zachary K
208 points

2 Votes
3 Answers
2.59K Views
How to share income of selling iPhone apps with a friend/partner

I plan to develop an iPhone app with my friend. Each of us is specialized in different parts of the app. For example, I am responsible for interface design and server-side programming while my...

asked Jan 26 '11 at 14:04
Blank
Killua
68 points

4 Votes
6 Answers
2.77K Views
Software Idea but Non IT background

I am an entreprenuer, who has always been keen on IT, but having no background of programming. I have several ideas which i would like to implement one at a time. These involve combination of...

asked Jan 29 '11 at 15:37
Blank
Kartik
21 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.01K Views
How to hire /recruit online for an online based company?

Specifically •How did you find them? (craigslist-social networks-newspaper ads- etc) •How did your interview them? (Phone/Skype video chat etc) •How did you get passed the skepticism barrier?...

asked Dec 3 '10 at 05:44
Blank
Sergio Alvarez
46 points

6 Votes
4 Answers
2.77K Views
Building an "A-Team" -- How do I Build a Team I can trust from those I don't know?

[Multi-part question with similar introduction because I thought the questions would be more useful separately.] Hi all, I'm currently a one-man dev team with what I believe is a killer idea. I've...

asked Nov 30 '10 at 02:10
Blank
Goober
131 points

13 Votes
8 Answers
3.24K Views
Distributed team in a startup

Is it a viable idea to start a business without office space and relying on the possibility for employees to work from home? What should be considered as main factors a distributed team to be...

asked Sep 26 '10 at 17:47
Blank
Rem
352 points

12 Votes
6 Answers
4.09K Views
How to reward early employees?

In many startups there are some #1 or #2 employees who helped the whole business all the way. I've got couple guys like that, I'd love to give them more than the salary (even though our salaries...

asked Mar 28 '10 at 00:28
Blank
The Dictator
2,305 points

4 Votes
3 Answers
2.78K Views
How do you make decisions in teams?

My [business] partner and I are constantly arguing about how we should do certain things for the SaaS we are creating and we reach a conclusion and a good decision (i think) after hours of aruging...

asked Feb 20 '10 at 01:30
Blank
Abs
21 points

6 Votes
7 Answers
3.43K Views
Where is a good place to meet coders?

I am not a coder. I know basic coding and some web design, enough to have come up with what i believe to be an interesting idea for a start up. I can design the website and software myself, but...

asked Jan 20 '10 at 17:25
Blank
Eric Amzalag
818 points

2 Votes
5 Answers
2.9K Views
Do investors require a mangement team? What if there isn't one?

From an investor point of view, the cliche is "investor prefers type A management team with a type B product rather than the reverse". A startup cannot afford CFO, CEO. Founder has to roll up the...

asked Dec 2 '09 at 14:11
Blank
User1721
46 points