Technology Questions

2 Votes
1 Answers
1.83K Views
Training for a technology solutions provider startup

I am a trained accountant with banking experience. However, my real interest is finding technology solutions for everyday end user challenges. I understand business very well and technology fairly...

asked Jan 17 '13 at 23:56
Blank
Stella O
13 points

0 Votes
4 Answers
2.27K Views
How to deal with the technology side of a startup, or scale a technologically-oriented startup?

This is two questions in one, but they're so closely related that they ought to be addressed together. A. If I were founding a non-technological start up -- say a financial services group -- how...

asked Jan 2 '13 at 08:47
Blank
Aerovistae
115 points

3 Votes
2 Answers
2.02K Views
What it takes to implement ERP Software for SME's

I have a project to implement ERP Software for SME. Though I am a software engineer myself and briefly understand things involved, however as I am new to ERP platform and is not sure of what it...

asked Nov 17 '12 at 15:19
Blank
Goku
58 points

-2 Votes
1 Answers
2.44K Views
What is the fastest method to create the current, trendy websites (static 'n' dynamic)?

What is the fastest method to create the current, trendy websites (static 'n' dynamic)? I have seen website being built from scratch, and from a pre-defined template. I am little curious to know...

asked Sep 24 '12 at 02:07
Blank
Jeet7seven
1 point

7 Votes
2 Answers
2.73K Views
Partner (he's a Friend) Wishes to Resign from Startup Prematurely

I am seeking help in how to handle an underperforming partner / friend that is resigning from an early phase of a startup. Two friends and I began an equal partnership startup with the following...

asked Sep 6 '12 at 23:40
Blank
Daniel Moravec
36 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.31K Views
Which is the right way Technology Consulting or Technology Centric Consulting

I am a regular reader of this forum and am trying to clear my doubts before I actually dive in the real sea. I am a hardcore developer working in a specific stream, web2.0. precisely on Rich...

asked Aug 14 '12 at 20:56
Blank
Dhananjay
33 points

4 Votes
2 Answers
2.56K Views
Starting a technology consulting company and working as a subcontractors

I have a decade experience in software developement and specially web related applications. As a geek, I have a nice contacts but I do not see any of my contact turning into a perspective client....

asked Jul 25 '12 at 22:14
Blank
Dhananjay
33 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
3.67K Views
what is a fair percentage ownership for sole developer of tech startup (4th co-founder)?

My husband was brought on as a 4th partner of a startup last year. Unfortunately, he did not take the LLC legal docs to a lawyer to make sure the % he was being offered was fair before signing. He...

asked Jul 27 '12 at 16:38
Blank
Tracy
11 points

4 Votes
5 Answers
3.21K Views
Do I need a technical cofounder?

I am in the very early stages of my first startup. I am not technical so I was wondering if getting a technical cofounder should be my first step or if I can go it alone with just my idea at first?...

asked Jul 29 '12 at 06:23
Blank
Peter
21 points

2 Votes
3 Answers
2.27K Views
Average time for founder from technology background to get comfortable with marketing

BACKGROUND I'm a senior software developer and started my own company last year. Prior to last year, I worked for a couple of years as a software developer on contract for many companies. And...

asked Jul 14 '12 at 02:36
Blank
John
170 points

7 Votes
6 Answers
3.49K Views
I need advice - Lead developer slap in the face

I have been working with a startup for 6 months. It is an advertising company for which there is a very heavy technology portion (I would say 50% of the company is based off of a mobile front-end,...

asked Mar 14 '12 at 00:30
Blank
Phil
210 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.75K Views
Is it a Good Idea to promote your website at tech conferences like SXSW, Web 2.0?

My friend and I are about to launch our website in 6 weeks. We do not have a company registered yet. We are working on full time jobs and plan to set up a company once our website launches and...

asked Mar 14 '12 at 02:21
Blank
Raj
24 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
2.06K Views
What is our startup worth?

Last year myself and two other partners got together to work on our startup. We got an offer from one of the investors for 40K seed money. We turned down the offer because one of the founder was...

asked Mar 10 '12 at 07:07
Blank
Youngdev
1 point

1 Votes
2 Answers
1.82K Views
Equity sharing for my particular situation

I have read numerous posts and articles on this topic and it is clear there are several schools of thought that involve many shades of grey. I have come to a conclusion but am seeking affirmation...

asked Feb 12 '12 at 08:36
Blank
Tony Cimaglia
6 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
2.12K Views
Measuring customer satisfaction in ecommerce business

One of the toughest questions that ecommerce businesses face concerns what is at the heart of a business –customer satisfaction. At first glance, anyone doing ecommerce business or having an...

asked Feb 8 '12 at 22:03
Blank
Akshy
6 points

3 Votes
3 Answers
2.15K Views
Are Microsoft and Google dead, or is Roger McNamee wrong?

A few days ago I saw what I consider a great talk on TED: http://www.ted.com/talks/roger_mcnamee_six_ways_to_save_the_internet.html While he doesn't spell everything out, and does jump a bit to...

asked Nov 17 '11 at 08:15
Blank
Ron Ga
2,181 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.25K Views
Build the team of a start up software business working on contract projects?

What is a popular way to build the team of a start up software business that takes on contract work from other companies? Additional info I founded a small company with a team of web+mobile...

asked Nov 12 '11 at 09:20
Blank
John
170 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
1.66K Views
Wifi Tablet built to Spec

I have seen a lot of information on the internet about low-cost wifi tablets from India. I have spoken to a reputable tech company in the states about ordering them and they quoted a price of $37...

asked Oct 20 '11 at 11:48
Blank
Eric Littleton
107 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
1.96K Views
Is ability to scale critical for the success of startup?

Many successfull former startups are currently well-established companies in BigData space. That means that their key technical competence is in handling the large volumes of data. Question is:...

asked Sep 24 '11 at 06:51
Blank
Tom Burger
108 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
1.78K Views
Searching For RFPs

I am in the IT industry and recently started an LLC. I have mostly been freelancing by myself on projects, but am looking to get into RFPs for bigger projects with a bigger team I plan to take...

asked Aug 30 '11 at 02:48
Blank
Skaz
254 points