Technology Questions

0 Votes
2 Answers
2.35K Views
How many users use Google, Yahoo, MSN and Outlook Calendars?

I'm working on a product and needs to check how many users are using web based calendars. Or how many users create calendar events per year. I need this to figure out the market size. I tried to...

asked Sep 2 '11 at 09:24
Blank
Gagan
150 points

2 Votes
3 Answers
1.95K Views
Comunications Skills

I have technical background and founder of software startup. Now, I started learning the importance of Communications Skills in demos and meeting with prospective clients. Any books or courses...

asked Aug 13 '11 at 06:32
Blank
User8226
197 points

2 Votes
3 Answers
2.87K Views
What kind of equity should I be looking for? - Tech Startup

I am currently the Director of Engineering for a tech/website startup in NYC. I was hired in Nov 2010 after they obtained an angel investment of around 1 million dollars. I am the second tech...

asked Aug 5 '11 at 07:50
Blank
Commander
111 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.22K Views
Are there any seed funding businesses available in Minnesota, U.S.A?

I have been very much interested in starting up a tech business in Minnesota, however relocating to, say, California really isn't an option at this point in my life. Are there any companies in...

asked Aug 1 '11 at 14:38
Blank
Phil
210 points

4 Votes
1 Answers
2.66K Views
Do Angel Investors get paid before a successful exit?

We have a new startup and are trying to meet with some potential angel investors. We were asked if we have a ROI schedule. I thought that investors get paid only when the company has a successful...

asked Jul 22 '11 at 10:14
Blank
Brandon Mitchell
21 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
2K Views
Should I suspend my startup?

I was working for a large financial firms as Senior Technical Architect, spending almost 15 hours a day. I quit my job around 18 months back to start this startup and taking an underpaid/under...

asked Jul 7 '11 at 18:17
Blank
User11074
39 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
1.95K Views
Contacting right person in big companies

First, I want to know your opinion if I should contact Microsoft in this case and then to whom I should write. There's an online customer need where some companies have fulfilled with different...

asked Jun 14 '11 at 07:06
Blank
Xaqron
311 points

7 Votes
2 Answers
2.88K Views
How can I avoid being screwed by my co-founder

Im involved in a start up and I fear that at some point in the future my co-founder is going to screw me out my position or shares. What protections can I setup and what should I do avoid this from...

asked Jun 16 '11 at 15:06
Blank
Mack Arnold
36 points

-1 Votes
3 Answers
1.87K Views
Tumblr, EverNote, Facebook - How Do They Start?

There is a lot's of start-ups that not protected by a patent like tumblr/twitter/evernote and more... How do they start getting massive users without letting copycats and Competitor disturbing...

asked Jun 21 '11 at 01:47
Blank
Frank Parsons
6 points

6 Votes
2 Answers
2.23K Views
My sales person (independent, not employee) wants to be an angel investor

I started a surveillance technology company in May 2010. Since the beginning, we have been working with a person that has been in the security industry for quite a while. He was providing some...

asked May 27 '11 at 04:47
Blank
Michael
234 points

31 Votes
20 Answers
16.2K Views
Why don't startups choose .Net as a platform?

I was reading the article about "Why Startups Could Use .NET, But Don’t ". Essentially the article says that it comes down to culture. I don't want to start a holy war, I just want to know the...

asked May 20 '11 at 05:01
Blank
7wp
275 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.15K Views
Getting Funding for a Tech Startup in Florida

I'm well aware of the vast sums of VC money in the Bay Area, Seattle, and even Boston. I'm located in the Tampa, FL area and am starting my business here. I'm willing to move the business after a...

asked May 25 '11 at 05:44
Blank
Aj.
212 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.47K Views
How do tech founders keep control over the core technology as their company grows?

Take for example, Google: As I understand, the search engine was started as a research project. (by the way, was it patented or the code is fully open through the contents of the respective...

asked May 17 '11 at 20:58
Blank
User10528
9 points

7 Votes
3 Answers
2.14K Views
Managing Technical debt in an early stage startup

Technical debt affects all companies, and in startups where there is pressure to get things out the door as quickly as possible, the pressure to build up technical debt is high. Is it an...

asked May 6 '11 at 02:18
Blank
Jeremy French
148 points

4 Votes
4 Answers
4.61K Views
Are there any Open Source Digital Signature Solutions that would Comply with Various US Regulations?

We are interested in using digital signature in our extremely paper intensive world. However, we need the signatures to be valid digital signatures. Are there open source solutions available that...

asked Mar 25 '11 at 07:03
Blank
Scott
468 points

1 Votes
4 Answers
2.5K Views
Fair stake for a technical strategist?

First time posting to this Q&A so please be kind! I and a partner are looking to build a web community. However, my partner and I are both business folks. We understand to build a successful...

asked Feb 11 '11 at 01:55
Blank
Li Zhou
323 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
3.94K Views
What's the most compact solution for a new website with split testing?

I meet a lot of wantrepreneurs who are very smart but not at all into the plumbing of websites. They totally get concepts such as minimum viable product and split testing, and they want to be...

asked Jan 27 '11 at 20:18
Blank
Jeremy Parsons
5,197 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.26K Views
Advice to become a technical founder

My aspiration in life is to become a entrepreneur and because of my background (4 years as a software developer) I figure I would go best if I start out as a technical founder at a start up. I...

asked Aug 30 '10 at 23:12
Blank
Dont Judge Those Who Try And Fail
8 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
2.3K Views
Outsourcing "product development" for Tech startups

what are the most crucial steps to be taken by a new tech startup when outsourcing major part of the tech to IT firms or outsourcing "product development" eg new social media website project?

asked Sep 8 '10 at 02:25
Blank
Francis Eager
38 points

6 Votes
8 Answers
6.6K Views
CMS for online magazine startup?

I want to start an online magazine website and I'd like to know what platform to use. Something like Wordpress, Drupal, and other CMS systems, any recommendations?

asked Sep 22 '10 at 23:54
Blank
Alexandru Trandafir Catalin
157 points