Termination Questions

3 Votes
2 Answers
2.85K Views
Process to let go of an employee?

We made a hiring mistake and need to terminate an employee. It's one of the hardest things I've come across as this will be a first. What the best way to gently let go of someone who isn't the...

asked May 25 '14 at 20:43
Blank
Dorothy Taylor
16 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
3.26K Views
Questions around vesting vis-a-vis dilution, leaving a company and being fired from a company

I am just curious about vesting as against 3 things - Dilution, a Co-founder leaving, a co-founder getting fired Please assume a 2-man team with the equity split among the founder & CEO (A)...

asked Nov 15 '11 at 00:23
Blank
Rokstr Dli
36 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
4.21K Views
Forced to sign intellectual property agreement or be terminated after 4 years of service

I have worked for a small 25 employee non-profit in the US for the past 4 years. About 9 months ago, I identified some deficiencies within the company in the areas of data management and...

asked Sep 30 '11 at 11:43
Blank
Jak
8 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.67K Views
Sample agreements document for founders

Are there any good and short agreements document for founders? (not investors) Focusing on: Responsibility, e.g. hours of work (some of them may not be fulltime) Vesting period Any hints?

asked Sep 25 '11 at 03:28
Blank
Howard
126 points

4 Votes
4 Answers
2.69K Views
Startup Employment Considerations

A former co-worker of mine has started an LLC that is owned 100% by him. He has asked me to assist him in market research / analysis and sales, based on the theory that I will come on board and be...

asked Nov 25 '09 at 19:02
Blank
Jz199
59 points

4 Votes
5 Answers
3.08K Views
What if partner quits? Who owns the code?

If there is agreement with 50-50 split between two partners but what if one partner quits after lets say 1 year. How to handle that kind of scenario? Give some stocks for that 1 year work?

asked Oct 13 '09 at 06:12
Blank
Web Thinker
430 points