Terms And Conditions Questions

1 Votes
3 Answers
2.58K Views
Profit Share with Customers

Has anyone here ever tried giving a share of company profits to regular clients? We are thinking of allocating about 30% of after tax profits to a pool in which our regular customers share. The...

asked Apr 18 '12 at 18:05
Blank
Jacques
6 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
1.86K Views
Why is it that after removing any liability, warranties have expressions like "but in any case not more than $1.50"?

If the non-liability works – it works. If not – why would the second part work?

asked Apr 18 '12 at 22:37
Blank
Startup1
90 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.23K Views
Image uploading app - Terms of service

I'm currently working on a simple image uploading app that lets you upload images to services like Flickr and Facebook. Do I need a terms of service or some other kind of disclaimer for an app like...

asked Apr 5 '12 at 23:15
Blank
James
6 points

2 Votes
4 Answers
4.97K Views
How to specify that you are not going to share information with third party in Terms of Service

I'm running a site where users generate their data and store it. I do not share it or plan to share it ever with 3rd party. How do you specify that the site is not going to share information with...

asked Jan 26 '12 at 13:43
Blank
Dev.E.Loper
113 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.31K Views
Which Country is Suitable for Legal Protection in Game Automation Software Development

After reading today's Gamasutra article about Jagex vs Impulse Software, and considering my own academic activities, I suddenly became very concerned with my legal protection. As such I would...

asked Jan 24 '12 at 07:15
Blank
Kort Pleco
891 points

5 Votes
2 Answers
2.98K Views
Writing a Terms of Service for my iPhone app that uses Google Analytics

I'm finding a resource for writing a TOC for my app that uses Google Analytics to analyze content traffic. I don't hire a lawyer and just plan to copy from someone else. Could you please point out...

asked Nov 30 '11 at 00:45
Blank
Killua
68 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
3.46K Views
Need a terms of service generator for a web design startup

Does anybody know a good terms of service generator? I need one that, besides inserting company name and etc, will outline my and my customers' rights so I don't have to read the whole thing. I'm...

asked Nov 7 '11 at 07:11
Blank
Rooz Mahdavian
11 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.89K Views
What do "DDU Taiwan" and "L/T" mean?

I'm in the U.S. My customer in Taiwan says: Please kindly provide the unit price (based on DDU Taiwan) and L/T. What does "DDU Taiwan" and "L/T" mean? My company has not shipped anything...

asked Oct 21 '11 at 21:46
Blank
Bstpierre
422 points

3 Votes
4 Answers
2.69K Views
Why can't a startup "own" its employees when sport clubs can?

Soccer clubs (at least in Europe) "own" their players for the duration of the contracts. These players are working for their clubs in a very similar way to employees working for startups. My...

asked Sep 30 '11 at 00:21
Blank
David
1,567 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
2.09K Views
Niche News / Forum Aggregation Service Legality / ToS Violation?

I'm operating in a nice profitable niche right now. There are a lot of news and blog sites within the industry and a few very popular forums. My question is would either of the following services...

asked Sep 12 '11 at 17:56
Blank
Nextgenneo
327 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.07K Views
When should I register as an agent to receive copyright infringement notices?

I am developing a user generated content site right now and its almost finished so I have been researching a bit on what I need to do legally. I know its going to take a lot of hard work and time...

asked Jun 19 '11 at 09:25
Blank
Leo
71 points

3 Votes
1 Answers
2.5K Views
Plain english translation of these finance terms

What does these mean in plain English, guessing the best way to describe it is by giving theoretical numbers for best worst case instances, though that's just my thought - I'll leave it up to you...

asked Jun 3 '11 at 01:56
Blank
Blunders .
899 points

6 Votes
1 Answers
2.1K Views
Equity and compensation for boot strapped venture

I have been approached by a friend to help with the business side of a venture that he has developed/bootstrapped. No external funding until now. He has developed a working product with outsourced...

asked May 25 '11 at 16:30
Blank
Paddy
31 points

2 Votes
4 Answers
5.8K Views
Templates for privacy policy / terms of use for a Web Application

Is there a good resource for templates for those documents?

asked Apr 29 '11 at 04:23
Blank
Ron M.
4,224 points

6 Votes
2 Answers
2.14K Views
What happens if you write a "bad invalid EULA"?

From this answer someone wrote In my EULA I also include that the maximum liability shall not exceed the purchase price of the software and a comment saying also a good example of a bad...

asked Apr 12 '11 at 14:47
Blank
Stu R
66 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
3.53K Views
Saas - Terms of use, privacy policy

We're getting closer to launching our e-commerce platform, that will be hosted on our dedicated servers, provided by a well known hosting company. I suppose it's a good idea to have us covered...

asked Mar 16 '11 at 16:34
Blank
Martin Hn
234 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
3.2K Views
Is "Public Offer" synonym of ToS?

My company provides fee-based online services in addition to a free basic online service and product. We have not bothered until now much with ToS before but with increase of fee-based clients...

asked Mar 5 '11 at 14:57
Blank
Gennady Vanin Novosibirsk
133 points

3 Votes
2 Answers
20.4K Views
What's the difference between customer, client, user and consumer?

My company sells fee-based online services in addition to a free basic online service and product. How would one call an entity subscribed for a free service and distinguishably name another that...

asked Mar 5 '11 at 15:20
Blank
133 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
3.63K Views
What is the difference between ToS and terms-and-conditions?

I see in this board the two tags: ToS (which I understood as "The Terms of Service") terms-and-conditions The same I see for on-line services. Some companies, providing on-line services, have...

asked Mar 5 '11 at 15:50
Blank
133 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
1.98K Views
How do I put my conditions for repairing a computer into writing?

I have been a fulltime student recently working on graduate work to complete a graduate degree. While continuing my studies I have maintained my computer hobby. However, recently my computer hobby...

asked Mar 9 '11 at 10:41
Blank
John
106 points