Terms And Conditions Questions

6 Votes
3 Answers
2.49K Views
Defining your website terms and condiitions

I assume that some people on here have defined terms and conditions on their websites. How did you come to define it? Did you hire a lawyer to help draft one up or go online and find a template...

asked Feb 8 '11 at 12:51
Blank
John
161 points

4 Votes
1 Answers
3K Views
Are there free "terms and conditions" templates available?

I'm about to release my web app, and want a basic document that says "hey, when you pay us you're getting access to the app for a year. We reserve the right to change the app in ways that we think...

asked Jan 12 '11 at 08:30
Blank
Riley
193 points

4 Votes
2 Answers
3.65K Views
Do terms of service and privacy policy need to be drafted by a lawyer?

I am trying to do a startup web app and I need a terms of service and privacy policy. Is there any way to do it without a lawyer? Why I ask is because I don't have that much money.

asked Nov 30 '10 at 09:46
Blank
Chromedude
202 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
3.73K Views
How to determine interest on overdue payment, based on terms of the contract

So, like most of the people starting out with own business, I picked a boiler plate contract and made minor modifications and used for a client project. You might already be familiar with this...

asked Oct 1 '10 at 12:52
Blank
User4568
8 points

13 Votes
5 Answers
8.76K Views
Is it okay to plagiarize another website's Terms of Use and Privacy Policy?

Let's say you find another website with very similar content and operations. Is it okay to copy their Terms of Use and Privacy Policy, tweaking it to fit your needs?

asked Sep 22 '10 at 07:49
Blank
Superjoe30
176 points

4 Votes
2 Answers
2.31K Views
What's the process around transferring the cash upon a VC funding round?

Let's assume a startup and a VC agree to $X of funding in a Series A. What typically is the process (the mechanics) around transfer of funds from the VC to the startup? (A) Do the funds typically...

asked May 5 '10 at 09:26
Blank
Howie
148 points

9 Votes
3 Answers
5.24K Views
Got an offer to white label one of my products. What do I do?

I got an offer to white label one of my products. They want to determine pricing/conditions, etc. I would appreciate any advice on how to best deal with this situation.

asked Mar 25 '10 at 04:39
Blank
Miguel Hernandez
78 points

3 Votes
1 Answers
5.19K Views
Facebook API policy about storing user data

recently more and more apps appear that retrieve data from Facebook and store it in some form for further processing...

asked Feb 19 '10 at 20:25
Blank
Michal Slocinski
28 points