Testing Questions

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.46K Views
How to get beta testers for new product?

What are some ways to get beta testers that are in your target demographic to try out my app?Friends and family are ruled out since they don't fit my target audience.

asked Mar 5 '14 at 08:29
Blank
Curtis Crespo
45 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.14K Views
Good ways to get reliable testers?

I've got my product MVP out, and I want to test it and get feedback. Ideally I'd like dozens of people in my target market (for this example, kids into games and fantasy books) to test it. I've...

asked Dec 8 '13 at 03:42
Blank
Chris
109 points

3 Votes
1 Answers
1.88K Views
Testing a complex product design for early adopters?

We are building a platform for the live music industry. We have used the latest in web technology in an attempt to provide the most up todate and exciting experience for our potential...

asked Aug 2 '13 at 23:11
Blank
Muse Jam
16 points

3 Votes
2 Answers
14K Views
What to ask on a beta testing survey?

I am nearly done with the development of a medium scale website and I want to do a bit of beta testing on the actual site. I am looking for some useful but somewhat generic questions that I should...

asked Nov 1 '12 at 06:54
Blank
Clifgray
200 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.25K Views
Paid Market Testing

I am planning at a new startup and would like to a-b-test several elements (such as the brand name / logo / sales pitch) before the actual product launch. Ideally, I would love to pay a service...

asked Mar 27 '12 at 12:01
Blank
0x90
106 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
5.53K Views
Wealth Dynamics, is it actually useful or just overhyped?

I have just been sent a link, from a somewhat trusted source, to a system for catagorising Entrepreneurs and before handing over the money wanted to see if anyone else has heard about it. From...

asked Mar 5 '12 at 15:38
Blank
Robin Vessey
8,394 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.34K Views
Interpreting smoke test results

Looking for early market validation re our startup idea, we did a simple smoke test: we created a facebook ads campaign, linked it to a launchrock page and looked to see what happened. We set a $20...

asked Feb 2 '12 at 23:09
Blank
Guidupuy
8 points

0 Votes
4 Answers
2.41K Views
How do I gather people to beta test my productivity tool?

Possible Duplicate: Beta Testers: What is the best way to find good beta testers? I'm designing and developing a little project overview application. I'd like some people to test it, but so far...

asked Jan 27 '12 at 02:31
Blank
Kslstn
1 point

3 Votes
2 Answers
2.29K Views
Involving Beta Testers / Clients - When?

Working with a business guy to develop an application. I'm looking to have it complete say March-April, 2012. At what point do you involve beta testers -- a day before the expected launch? How does...

asked Nov 18 '11 at 00:53
Blank
Meow
56 points

3 Votes
4 Answers
2.45K Views
Should I show pricing on a test landing page?

I put up a test landing page for a SAAS product/service that I think has potential. My goal is to test the market to see if there is enough interest to justify building out the...

asked Oct 19 '11 at 23:07
Blank
Bc Web
16 points

9 Votes
3 Answers
2.43K Views
What is the best way to test whether people would pay for a web application?

I am currently implementing a relatively simple web application, as I'm trying to dive into Ruby on Rails. It turns out be going quite well and, in my opinion, it will appeal to a lot of users. But...

asked Sep 14 '11 at 05:19
Blank
Dyn Zack
216 points

4 Votes
1 Answers
2.68K Views
Beta testing considerations

In terms of beta testing a restaurant review site; a) where would be the best place to find beta testers, b) generally how many beta testers would be sufficient, c) what are important aspects...

asked Jun 3 '11 at 05:59
Blank
Sam
509 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.73K Views
Hiring and Skills Testing

Does anyone know of a comparable service to test a users skills to what they provide on elance? I like the ability to test various skills but I'm not sure if it preferable to have them set up an...

asked Apr 26 '11 at 23:53
Blank
Scott
468 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.21K Views
New web app - testing and pricing

We are almost done with a new HRD&M web application for pre-selecting the best fit candidates for a given position. What we still need is some real-life test cases, design and content for...

asked Feb 1 '11 at 21:54
Blank
Muleskinner
18 points

3 Votes
4 Answers
1.93K Views
Are there sites that can help QA your website?

Was wondering if anyone knew of any site(s) out there that specialize in QAing sites for start-ups? Essentially doing quality assurance to test and find defects.

asked Jan 24 '11 at 06:28
Blank
John
161 points

8 Votes
3 Answers
4.94K Views
Get beta testers

I'm working on a website that I'll need beta tested soon. It's a startup. Where should I go to get a good pool of testers? It would also be great to have a good pool of hackers who can show...

asked Jan 5 '11 at 05:21
Blank
Kirk Strobeck
80 points

0 Votes
4 Answers
2.66K Views
Testing a product before making it?

What do You call testing a product before it is made with a 'fake' website, that measures how many people actually click on the 'buy' button?

asked Dec 27 '10 at 18:06
Blank
Domas Monkus
1 point

3 Votes
3 Answers
2.37K Views
Screen recorder for beta testers

We use usertesting.com and love it. But we also have some beta testers we have relationships with who will be testing our product. The question - usertesting.com uses this screen capture program...

asked Dec 15 '10 at 03:44
Blank
Chris
4,214 points

3 Votes
9 Answers
2.81K Views
Would you create unit tests for your application?

I don't know about you, while I agree that unit testing can reduce defects and therefore can maximize ROI in the long run, but it just takes an amount of time. Knowing that you're a startup where...

asked Oct 27 '09 at 22:19
Blank
Jpartogi
1,342 points