Time Management Questions

31 Votes
12 Answers
11.7K Views
How to manage time remaining from main job?

I have a paid job and it takes most of the daytime. After that I am back home and when all the home things are done there's a couple of hours left for startup work. Quite often I go to bed at...

asked Sep 22 '10 at 21:46
Blank
Art
350 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
2.61K Views
Setting unrealistic deadlines to push your team harder?

Is it better to set unrealistic deadlines to push your team harder or realistic ones?I have a feel that deadlines are like revenue goals -- you have to set the bar really high in order to get...

asked May 8 '14 at 14:07
Blank
Anthony Talley
11 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.8K Views
Deciding the number of working hours to do per week?

After reading couple of work-life & time management questions, I'd like to ask, how much did you work, especially in the beginning (hours per week). I've been making preparations in the...

asked Aug 5 '13 at 21:23
Blank
Gspia
113 points

9 Votes
5 Answers
2.88K Views
Should we pick a "boss" in a startup with friends?

I recently began working with two longtime friends on a startup, and we are hitting a wall when attempting to progress on anything. We all possess fairly similar skills, so we can each handle any...

asked Apr 25 '13 at 00:16
Blank
Pblock
133 points

5 Votes
4 Answers
2.97K Views
When is the optimum time to launch a landing page?

I've seen a gap in a niche for a SaaS product that I know that there will be a demand for. I'm currently working on developing my MVP to launch as soon as possible and am wondering when the best...

asked Feb 13 '13 at 22:20
Blank
Anonymous
557 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.53K Views
best practices of managing follow up calls in cold calling?

Best practices of managing follow up calls in cold calling? Actually, I am searching for the best protocols in managing follow up calls.

asked Dec 31 '12 at 05:58
Blank
Anilkumble789
9 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
2.46K Views
Determining Limits of a Software Development Team

I'm currently managing 5 member (whom are also my friends) software development team for my startup and instead of looking for an angel investor I decided to finance my own product by my own. And...

asked Dec 31 '12 at 09:06
Blank
Timur Aykut Y?Ld?R?M
121 points

1 Votes
4 Answers
2.64K Views
Time Management Techniques

I am learning Inbound Marketing techniques and trying to apply it within my company. No doubt, I have become a big fan of it. How it relates to time management? Time management is always easy to...

asked Sep 18 '12 at 01:26
Blank
Ameya Phadke
56 points

4 Votes
3 Answers
2.73K Views
Amount of time needed to allot to CEO responsibilities

Interesting story. I'm 15 years old. Im planning on launching a start up. Now obviously, there are concerns that I have, not necessarily about the performance of future employees, but my...

asked Aug 16 '12 at 10:27
Blank
soup123
43 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.66K Views
How do you manage ideas effectively?

I've been working on an idea with a while now and plan to go full startup come the summer. However, every now and then I'll get another awesome (at least, it seems awesome) idea. I'm never sure...

asked Apr 6 '12 at 06:57
Blank
Max Mackie
166 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
2.53K Views
Can anyone recommend a multiplatform shared calendar for team of 7?

I am looking for a shared calendar which works via Outlook, iPhone, Android, Blackberry and Web browser which will allow separate coloured entries for each user each person must be able to see each...

asked Jan 11 '12 at 22:56
Blank
Chris Dowdeswell
131 points

7 Votes
7 Answers
5.71K Views
How to tell my co-founder that he is lazy and needs to step up his game?

I have a two member software start-up with a co-founder who is also a very good friend. We make decent money through our products and services, but could do much much better if my co-founder did...

asked Jan 7 '12 at 06:04
Blank
Fox
38 points

2 Votes
3 Answers
2.87K Views
What exactly take takes up a lot of time and effort starting a business

I have heard (and believe) that starting a new company takes huge amounts of time and effort. Having never done it myself I don't know where this time and effort is normally expended. Say for a...

asked Nov 23 '11 at 09:53
Blank
Tom Squires
1,047 points

4 Votes
4 Answers
3.3K Views
Should I have a girlfriend while bootstrapping a startup?

Possible Duplicate: How to start a business and not destroy your marriage? I began to seriously work on a startup idea during the summer after reading a bunch of blogs and watching startup...

asked Oct 10 '11 at 11:56
Blank
Siamii
195 points

3 Votes
3 Answers
2.49K Views
How should i slice my time in various activities involved in a startup

This is my first post to this forum. I started a company offering outsourced software product development few months back. Things were moving slowly so far with myself doing all the coding for...

asked Sep 17 '11 at 16:33
Blank
Ameya Phadke
56 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.43K Views
Should the time devoted to development be proportional to the market share?

Should the time spent on developing a new software product be proportional to the market share of the platform? For example, if Android is 50% of the market share and Apple is 25%, then for every 2...

asked Sep 9 '11 at 14:48
Blank
Jo Jo
148 points

3 Votes
6 Answers
3.27K Views
A Lazy Entreprener - the Full/Part Time Dilemma

Question: Can a lazy entrepreneur/perfectionist make it? I am 50, single, and after 15 years have built a very nice sole prop web design business. I became more disciplined last year and might...

asked Aug 11 '11 at 10:30
Blank
Randy
249 points

4 Votes
5 Answers
3.36K Views
Is a startup a full-time job?

For the last 5 years I was in a PhD program and I'm currently in the writing phase of my thesis. In addition I work on my startup, for the last 4-5 months. However, due to limited time, the startup...

asked Jul 25 '11 at 21:22
Blank
Dyn Zack
216 points

5 Votes
4 Answers
2.54K Views
Running a dating site - Use volunteers for administration - how to keep them motivated?

I'm running a dating site and I have 3 volunteers working on the administration (approving photos, profiles, removing stalkers, etc). The problem I'm having is that they are, as volunteers, very...

asked Apr 26 '11 at 20:54
Blank
Sherif Buzz
462 points

4 Votes
5 Answers
2.75K Views
Starting a company to do computer security training

I want to do training in computer security: it's been my life for 30 years after all. But I want to keep my day job as a college professor as well. My university (like most universities) allows me...

asked Mar 28 '11 at 15:11
Blank
Fixee
155 points