Time Management Questions

5 Votes
2 Answers
2.66K Views
When is it appropriate to delegate overhead work?

Currently, I have both a start-up and a consulting business (self-funded), and having some trouble deciding when it is appropriate to delegate overhead tasks. The most common advice given to...

asked Feb 13 '11 at 08:22
Blank
Emptyset
230 points

2 Votes
4 Answers
2.04K Views
escape-velocity (escape from the work paradox)

I can't concentrate on a startup, other than 2-3 hours a day because I have to work to make a living. In practice, an idea will take me 3 years to implement at this pace which makes it meaningless...

asked Jan 25 '11 at 03:01
Blank
Ron M.
4,224 points

10 Votes
8 Answers
4.05K Views
While working on my startup, should I keep track of my time?

I'm a cofounder at a startup. One thing I have been thinking about alot lately is time tracking. I usually spend the day at the office, and then I get home and continue to work on more stuff. I...

asked Dec 23 '10 at 17:13
Blank
Alex Cook
641 points

12 Votes
8 Answers
2.92K Views
What do you think about working only 4 days?

Our startup is getting bigger and I'm thinking about decreasing our weekdays to 4. I always wanted this for myself and now I thought I can give it a try in my own company. We are fairly small,...

asked Dec 31 '10 at 04:13
Blank
The Dictator
2,305 points

5 Votes
6 Answers
4.51K Views
How do you keep yourself and employees from goofing off?

I have noticed that for the past few months, I have been wasting a lot of time on needless things. How do you keep yourself focused in your business?

asked Dec 11 '10 at 09:55
Blank
Frank
2,079 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.93K Views
Mental/physical risks of working hard and how to mitigate them

It is of course best to only bite off what you can chew. And many workaholics are accomplishing just as much as someone who puts in half the hours. But! If you find yourself in a long-term...

asked Dec 15 '10 at 11:37
Blank
Emile
204 points

12 Votes
6 Answers
3.61K Views
Finding more time to work on our startup

My business partner has a full time job and I do full time contract development. We are both married and have kids which means that there is not much time left over for our startup idea. What...

asked Oct 15 '09 at 14:09
Blank
John Soer
596 points