Tools Questions

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.02K Views
Current web technologies in business point of view

I am a software engineer with no experience on web development and I will work on a startup which main product is a website. We are in the very beggining of things, we are not commited to any...

asked Jun 15 '12 at 12:09
Blank
Roberto
113 points

4 Votes
4 Answers
1.97K Views
What tools & techniques you use to stay on track for daily goals and tasks at hand?

As we are evolving our product for customers, lots of distractions come in including new ideas from existing customers, support issues etc. What tools do you use 1) to Keep track or log of...

asked Dec 9 '11 at 01:11
Blank
Sonu Bansal
68 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.34K Views
How Do IP Address and Host Server Influence SEO?

If you have been performing SEO since a long time, you may have witnessed issues with host server and IP address. The troubles with host server and IP address come into play when you frequently...

asked Oct 25 '11 at 18:59
Blank
User14021
6 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
2.23K Views
Looking for a tool to find search trends in Facebook

I am looking for an analytics tool à la Google keyword but for Facebook. I'd like to find info about how many people search for X and Y in Facebook search field. Is there anything like Google...

asked Sep 19 '11 at 01:14
Blank
Phil Go20
133 points

6 Votes
4 Answers
2.8K Views
How should the next generation of employees be?

I recently read a news article (in Norwegian) that "the ability to cooperate" was essentially the only requirement for applicants, which was just as relevant 50 years ago as it is today, while...

asked May 20 '11 at 20:26
Blank
David
1,567 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.17K Views
Business Mailing List Generation

We have been approached by a service offering to construct a mailing campaign. According to them they're able to find practically all relevant businesses in a given town, verify the addresses and...

asked May 6 '11 at 05:47
Blank
Garet Claborn
324 points

4 Votes
2 Answers
2.49K Views
Shopping list of tools and services for new startup

I'm looking for good-value, top-class applications and tools to support a new software startup. What recommendations do you have in the following categories? Domain name / hosting / website /...

asked May 1 '11 at 06:03
Blank
Paperjam
21 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.35K Views
How are you using Quora to help you build and grow your start up?

Quora is becoming an increasingly powerful resource for startups. How are you using Quora and what do you suggest as best practices for Quora to help build and grow a start up while avoiding being...

asked Mar 27 '11 at 07:19
Blank
Warren E. Hart
2,181 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
2.17K Views
Does an ERP make sense for a one person startup?

I have recently formed a single person LLC for computer consulting services. I imagine I might expand over the next few years. I have been looking at free accounting packages like NolaPro, but then...

asked Feb 15 '11 at 06:39
Blank
Skaz
254 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.19K Views
Looking for advice about a system that helps us inform the client about hours worked and project status

As a startup we have few clients who are billed on time/hour basis and some on the percentage of project completed basis. Now regarding the reporting to the client as of now we were following the...

asked Jan 14 '11 at 07:35
Blank
Beginning Steps
50 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
2.09K Views
Widgets for feedback

I have embedded forum software into our website using Yet Another Forum (ASP.NET plugin which you can see on our site at http://labslice.com/Forum/ ). It works just fine, but obviously needs a bit...

asked Jan 1 '11 at 12:46
Blank
Simon At Lab Slice Com
106 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
3.11K Views
Anyway I can get the list of new startups so that I can inform them to try my new A/B test service?

I have just launched my first startup regarding A/B test creation and monitoring service for anyone who want to increase their website conversion rate through A/B tests. Is there a way I can find...

asked Nov 25 '10 at 18:15
Blank
Phlai
98 points

2 Votes
5 Answers
2.96K Views
One stop shop for start-up tools and resources?

I'm looking for a website that has all the tools and resources one might need to start a company. Anything from business plan templates to legal docs to reviews on potential vendors (e.g. who...

asked Nov 11 '10 at 17:48
Blank
User5336
13 points

3 Votes
4 Answers
2.55K Views
When should I convert my trial software into full licenses?

At what point should I stop using "trial" software and start paying for full licensing? If I'm making money using a program, shouldn't I pay for it?

asked Nov 18 '10 at 04:13
Blank
Moshe
409 points

3 Votes
12 Answers
3.81K Views
A platform for private brainstorming and capturing all of my ideas

I suffer from having too many ideas and am constantly bombarded by my own subconscious that drops stuff on me unexpectedly... My problem is that I need to capture all these ideas very quickly and...

asked Oct 29 '10 at 06:27
Blank
Patrickgamer
234 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
2.05K Views
Are there legal concerns for creating add ons for large applications?

I know this is more of a legal/lawyer question, but I'm sure others have run across this at some point so any insight is helpful. I'm looking to create a mISV which builds and sells add on tools...

asked Aug 10 '10 at 23:22
Blank
Joe Doyle
105 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
1.66K Views
User account management

Is there a simple user account management tool? An table: username, encrypted password, name. And an embeddable form to fill and update the password. Our potential users aren't tech savvy enough...

asked May 26 '10 at 22:08
Blank
Alex
32 points

9 Votes
15 Answers
4.65K Views
Time Tracking tool?

Any recommendations for a simple (web) tool where team members can submit their hours worked? Ideally, we'd like the team member to be able to login, select the project they are working on and...

asked Jun 7 '10 at 08:23
Blank
Big Tuna
349 points

3 Votes
4 Answers
2.65K Views
What tools do you use to monitor your brand and links?

Other than google alerts... I'd like to know anytime "StarStreet" "sports stock market" "starstreetsports.com" are mentioned. Anything out there I should be using in addition to google alerts?

asked Feb 25 '10 at 16:38
Blank
Jer Levine
173 points

4 Votes
5 Answers
3.38K Views
What software or development tools do you use to create and maintain your website?

I'm looking for more great software tools (than the ones listed below that I already use) to not only create and run a website, but to verify and maintain it. All our websites run on Unix servers...

asked Feb 26 '10 at 15:42
Blank
Gary E
12,510 points