Traffic Questions

4 Votes
2 Answers
5.42K Views
SEO vs Media Buying: what is best for startups?

Which is better for a startup to focus on if you have to put all your resources into one basket?Pretty much every startup focuses exclusively on SEO efforts (which take a long time to get results,...

asked Jun 25 '14 at 13:25
Blank
Joyce Hundt
22 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
2.81K Views
Creating a dating site without sleazy tactics like fake profiles?

All the current dating sites (Plentyoffish, OkCupid, etc) started by first creating hundreds of thousands of fake profiles and activity to attract users.And then slowly scaling back on those fake...

asked Jul 11 '14 at 14:19
Blank
Kandy Max
12 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
4.07K Views
What is the low hanging fruit in driving traffic to a new website?

We are a few weeks away from launching our web app and getting marketing strategy in order.What are the "low hanging fruit" ways to drive traffic to a new website which isn't known or have any...

asked Jul 26 '14 at 02:12
Blank
Fabiola Phillips
12 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.9K Views
Can Alexa and Compete traffic stats be faked? How to verify stats before buying a site?

We all know that Google Analytics stats can easily be faked with bots and proxy servers. Which makes objectively finding good sites to buy Flippa very tough.But what about Compete.com and Alexa...

asked Sep 4 '14 at 00:57
Blank
Carmen Unger
7 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
3.04K Views
Best way to use a $200 marketing budget?

I have a very limited budget for marketing. How would you suggest using it to drive the most traffic to a social media app? The traffic would have to be targeted as well.It's a Saas social media...

asked Apr 12 '14 at 02:10
Blank
Wilber Villacorta
7 points

0 Votes
3 Answers
3.08K Views
Strategies for media buying?

What are some of your best strategies & hacks for buying traffic?Display, email, CPC, CPA, etc.

asked Feb 27 '14 at 22:06
Blank
Tina Bloom
25 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.23K Views
Traffic has started flowing from Google, but zero conversions.

Where should I begin / what are some strategies to figure out where the problem lies? While the traffic isn't huge yet, it is still a good chunk of daily visits.

asked Feb 3 '14 at 19:59
Blank
Matthew Frederick
186 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.19K Views
For a Sustainable Web startup, what is the minimum amount of traffic it should have after 1 year of launching?

I made an effort to create a website 5 years ago. At the beginning, after 1 year, not spending any coin for advertising, there only 1 or 2 people visit my website, so i understood that my Web...

asked Nov 19 '13 at 10:52
Blank
Tiam
6 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.44K Views
Ad Sense vs. YouTube

My understanding is that you can get paid per thousand views of YouTube videos. My understanding is that you get something slightly different with ad sense, where you get a cut of number of click...

asked Oct 14 '13 at 00:44
Blank
James Oravec
115 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
1.85K Views
Users from Chrome Web Store - who are they?

Issue, that bothers me: every day 10-15 people adds my application via Chrome Store. But I don't feel like they are using website or coming back (and bounce rate among them is nearly 100%). From...

asked Sep 6 '13 at 06:03
Blank
Joe Half Face
188 points

6 Votes
2 Answers
5.37K Views
How much is a website with 100k monthly unique visitors worth?

I recently saw in the news that Punchfork.com was acquired by Pintrest.com for an undisclosed amount. Given Punchfork.com has 100,000 monthly visitors and 80,000 lines on Facebook but no...

asked Jan 7 '13 at 16:30
Blank
Craig H
33 points

3 Votes
3 Answers
2.33K Views
Stealing customers from competitors on Twitter?

I am currently running a very simple side project which I hope will lead to something bigger. I see quite a few tweets from my competitors customers saying they're using their product for a...

asked Jan 8 '13 at 07:28
Blank
Abs
118 points

10 Votes
3 Answers
2.94K Views
When is it too early to measure conversion rate?

My bootstrapped saas startup launched only a few months ago. My traffic is growing steadily but still fairly low (~200 hits/day). Although I do consider the product validated (we have a growing...

asked Oct 28 '12 at 11:25
Blank
Bc Web
101 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
1.8K Views
How can I turn visitors into new members?

I just launched a social news website and I am getting some visitors but not sign ups. The new site is a combination of a news outlet and Twitter/Facebook. I am trying to put the news on the same...

asked Aug 25 '12 at 12:15
Blank
Daniel Fein
6 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.11K Views
using GREE mobile platform (aka openFeint)

I uploaded two days ago my new game to the Andorid platform. so far, I don't have many downloads. I introduced with GREE which is kind of social network for mobile gamers I think it's something...

asked Aug 9 '12 at 17:05
Blank
Socksocket
106 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
2.58K Views
Evaluating competitors assets

I'm curious to know how most go about gathering information regarding their competitors? I am interested in developing an application that would directly compete with numerous websites and I am...

asked Jun 5 '12 at 05:20
Blank
Tbowman
217 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.29K Views
Who are the leading web advertising sales reps in the world? What kind of traffic do I need to have to get their attention?

I've tried feeding the question to Google, and various smaller alternatives of it too, but this seems to be the only page with even tangentially relevant info. My ultimate goal is to sell...

asked Mar 31 '12 at 21:52
Blank
Aditya Menon
112 points

0 Votes
4 Answers
2.72K Views
Converting website visitors to registered members

I've got a niche restaurant rating site, and there is only one direct competitor out there, that has been the go to site for this niche for about a decade. My site is different in every way other...

asked Feb 3 '12 at 02:15
Blank
Sam
509 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.62K Views
How much traffic should a site have before selling ad space makes sense?

I am just about to launch my site. I am launching it completely ad free. I am doing this for a few reasons. First, the site looks cleaner. Second, people may be more inclined to use the site if...

asked Nov 22 '11 at 08:19
Blank
User5765
106 points

9 Votes
3 Answers
2.59K Views
What are basic steps to creating a simple marketing strategy for a small startup?

I have started a small startup online business. I need to drive traffic to the site and create new users - a classic "inbound marketing" problem. I have seen that people have asked similar...

asked Sep 23 '11 at 19:33
Blank
Slightly Dillusioned Startup Guy
48 points