Translation Questions

0 Votes
1 Answers
1.94K Views
What does the "rocket science" refer to in this question about startup?

Typical Y Combinator Interview Questions says: Where is the rocket science here? The question might be simple for Americans, but I am outside USA, and I haven't found a reliable answer. I need...

asked May 30 '13 at 16:59
Blank
Pim Geek
5 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
1.83K Views
Managing multi-lingual website when you don't know the language

Internationalization and localization are some ways to test the water in various regions, to see which market you fit in best. I wonder if any of you has any experience in a multi-lingual web...

asked May 25 '12 at 14:33
Blank
Victor
593 points

1 Votes
7 Answers
2.2K Views
How to find a way to help translating the site with multi-language?

The user interface for my site is multi-language supported. But some of words are just translated from Google. But they phrases are inaccurate. I want to know if there are any online services or...

asked Feb 5 '12 at 02:51
Blank
Anlai
375 points

2 Votes
3 Answers
3.44K Views
My foreign client requested me to send him a copy of my passport page

I am a business translator/interpreter in Hangzhou, China. A British client said that he is going to China and he will hire me as his interpreter when he is in China. He asked my bank information...

asked Aug 19 '11 at 19:48
Blank
Steven
1 point

4 Votes
2 Answers
2.14K Views
What did you do to make your marketing material appropriate for entering a new cultural market?

What did you do to make your marketing material appropriate for entering a new cultural market? Have you gone through the process of translating and customizing the material of your website to work...

asked Apr 1 '11 at 13:52
Blank
Joseph Barisonzi
12,141 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
2.07K Views
Computers distribution and Localization of software

I am interested in knowing what languages are good to choose for localization of my photo image editing software. There are some obvious choices and some not so obvious ones. Today I was reading...

asked Feb 27 '10 at 03:32
Blank
Ross
2,288 points