Travel Questions

3 Votes
2 Answers
2.48K Views
questions about DBA and other forms required to start business

I'm starting a small business (just me, no employees) doing graphics that can be purchased digitally and/or the originals mailed, as well as live graphic recording and graphic facilitation, and...

asked Oct 13 '12 at 13:18
Blank
Justwanttogetstarted
16 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
3.07K Views
Can you avoid paying taxes by not living in any one country for more than 2 months?

This question might seem more negative than it is...I'm looking to travel the world and build my startup on-the-go. Would I need to pay income tax in any country if I don't stay in a country for...

asked Jul 1 '14 at 14:28
Blank
Willie Hudson
6 points

-1 Votes
3 Answers
1.82K Views
How should I calculate the number of hours of work during business traveling?

I am a contractor. The company that I am working needs me go to China for a week to 10 days. Currently, I only get hourly paid and have 40 hours per week. My question is that whether I will get...

asked Mar 29 '13 at 14:25
Blank
Marco
130 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2K Views
Travel website - 3rd Party Data Integration

I'm creating a travel website that lets users select points of interest for a particular city (a restaurant, museum, etc.). These records are to be displayed on a google map as markers. This I've...

asked Jun 6 '12 at 20:59
Blank
Iamjonesy
129 points

7 Votes
7 Answers
5.36K Views
How to tell a client they are too far away for an in-person meeting?

We're students, and we don't have a car. A client would like to meet up, but at a location that isn't far to get to by car, but is a pain by subway/taxi. It would be awesome if we could handle the...

asked Sep 1 '11 at 00:45
Blank
Mirov
384 points

2 Votes
3 Answers
3.42K Views
My foreign client requested me to send him a copy of my passport page

I am a business translator/interpreter in Hangzhou, China. A British client said that he is going to China and he will hire me as his interpreter when he is in China. He asked my bank information...

asked Aug 19 '11 at 19:48
Blank
Steven
1 point

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.46K Views
Where to promote a travelers network site?

We created a site which aims to be a community of travelers sharing "off-the-beaten" track spots around the world with other travelers. We went live a month ago, we have about 150 users, 500 spots...

asked Jul 13 '11 at 19:31
Blank
Claudio Coelho
6 points

4 Votes
1 Answers
3.09K Views
Freelancing: Traveling & Taxes

I'm a German citizen, but have been living in various EU and non-EU countries. I usually do remote freelance work. Since I don't live in Germany, I don't see the point why I should pay the high...

asked Jul 4 '11 at 19:21
Blank
Znq
164 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.27K Views
How can I market a travel booking startup?

I am launching a travel startup for flight, bus, hotel, car and bicycle bookings. I am focusing on the consumer market. A key marketing point is that a small amount of each flight ticket is donated...

asked May 2 '11 at 15:08
Blank
User10158
11 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.44K Views
How can so many travel meta-search engines exist?

Seems like there are dozens (or hundreds) of travel meta-search engines like fly.com, Kayak, TravelPost, etc. I can't imagine any of the "big" sites like Expedia, Travelocity, etc allowing their...

asked Mar 24 '11 at 23:14
Blank
Cbmeeks
135 points

1 Votes
4 Answers
2.56K Views
Newbie PayPal confusion: Do I have to inform PayPal each time I leave my country otherwise it will limit my account?

Recently my account was limited by paypal while I was traveling. when I called them, they told me that I was limited because I tried to access my account from abroad and that I needed to email them...

asked Jan 24 '11 at 21:28
Blank
Brown And Friendly
43 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
2.87K Views
Hotel booking data

Where do the many hotel booking websites get their hotel data? ie. # of free rooms within certain dates, price per night, etc. Is it possible to get the data somewhere and handle booking myself,...

asked Dec 21 '10 at 09:32
Blank
Ben
118 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
1.95K Views
What are good travel sites or online communities for small developers on the road?

What is/are the best website(s) for travel advice for developers that need to work on the road with a laptop in tow? For instance, if I am traveling through Michigan, what sites or online...

asked Dec 1 '10 at 16:03
Blank
Wrburgess
101 points