User Experience Questions

2 Votes
2 Answers
3.59K Views
Should you have a dedicated "Home" link on your website or just linking the logo enough?

Is it mainstream knowledge that clicking on the logo will take you to the homepage? Or is having a dedicated link / button called "Home" better from a user experience standpoint?

asked Jul 8 '14 at 21:43
Blank
Richard Cary
12 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
3.06K Views
How to survey users about their level of engagement?

So today I did soft launch of my SaaS tool. I sent out about 150 emails to my mailing list. Roughly 45% of people opened it. 20% of users clicked it and landed on my site.I found that I had only 20...

asked Sep 18 '14 at 00:54
Blank
user7823742
21 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
4.09K Views
Will consumers expect a SSL secured site as a default standard, even if your site doesn't do financial transactions?

More and more startups seem to be using SSL sites as the default (even for their logged out states). Is this a trend to provide better privacy for consumers that has become the norm?SSL definitely...

asked May 5 '14 at 13:21
Blank
Karen Russ
7 points

3 Votes
2 Answers
3.64K Views
How to find designers who are also well versed in marketing principles?

It's near impossible to find a designer who has deep knowledge of what converts and what doesn't.It seems you can either find someone who can make something really good looking, but lags in...

asked Apr 13 '14 at 00:27
Blank
Joseph Black
17 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.36K Views
website trust, making charitable donations transparent

So I have a question about the theoretical holding of charitable donations. So I have a start up idea that I am busy coding away on... At the base of the idea is spreading the wealth of humanity,...

asked Apr 20 '13 at 07:45
Blank
Brendan Morrison
106 points

-3 Votes
3 Answers
2.51K Views
Should The Income Of Programmers With Different Experience be the same In TeamWork

I want to begin to write a Software with my 2 other friends.I worked hard on c# for 4 years and they worked on it approximately for 1 year.Now One Of them got this project and want to make it with...

asked Jan 18 '13 at 07:48
Blank
Programming Follower
1 point

0 Votes
2 Answers
2.47K Views
Do people consider gamification a feature, business concept, or strategy?

I took a course on gamification it cleared a lot of thing up but I'm still confuse. A gamified app or website has to be build from ground up through the lens of a game designer. So, I think is a...

asked Dec 23 '12 at 13:33
Blank
Zapoo
303 points

4 Votes
3 Answers
2.74K Views
How to reduce the number of users who don't complete the registration process?

I run a dating site, and I'm trying to reduce the number of users who start the registration process but do not complete it. Our registration process is as follows: User enters their email...

asked Nov 21 '12 at 15:43
Blank
Sherif Buzz
462 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
2.55K Views
Does anyone have suggestions for building a user base for a budding SaaS project?

What specific actions lead to getting users to try your new product?

asked Nov 12 '11 at 07:56
Blank
Chris
11 points

-1 Votes
2 Answers
2.27K Views
landing page for sign up process for end user x 2 types (s)

The simplest / minimalist sign up processes is usually the best for the end user. Can you provide some examples. I need to create a sign up process for 2 types of end users, similar to a job site....

asked Aug 18 '11 at 03:32
Blank
Webster
1 point

3 Votes
3 Answers
3.57K Views
What is the Minimum Level of Quality (MLQ) expected for your Minimum Viable Product (MVP)

This question got me thinking about quality and the expectations of quality for your Minimum Viable Product (MVP). This may seem like a basic question but I wanted to understand the expectations...

asked Apr 9 '11 at 23:06
Blank
Jarie Bolander
11,421 points

67 Votes
10 Answers
10.6K Views
What mistakes have you made trying to "save money"?

I "saved" $40 per month in fees for a payroll service by doing everything myself. Even though I spent quite a bit of time dealing with tax forms instead of my product, I still made some mistakes...

asked Dec 9 '09 at 00:52
Blank
Jason Cianchette
511 points