Valuation Questions

9 Votes
3 Answers
3.08K Views
Roughly how much is this start up worth?

I'm in the middle of negotiating an exit of a software startup company. My partner is interested in buying me out. We're negotiating on the valuation. Obviously a detailed analysis requires a lot...

asked Apr 13 '11 at 02:29
Blank
Erotsppa
139 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
2.26K Views
How much profit should a company be making before we can realistically value it at X amount of money?

I'm looking for a real world calculation for how much profit or projected profit we should expect a company to be making before we apply a valuation of X amount of money. What is a realistic...

asked Apr 2 '11 at 20:24
Blank
Bomb Defused
227 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.32K Views
SaaS Startup (received Financial Grant) - Pre-Money Valuation !

We are a young B2B SaaS Startup operating in the Social CRM space. First time Entrepreneurs, but with plenty of experience in our respective areas of work. We've received financial grant of 50,000...

asked Apr 8 '11 at 17:03
Blank
Dhana
16 points

3 Votes
5 Answers
2.53K Views
What could the application startup color.com actually spend $41MM on?

Forget about whether this means we're in a bubble or all the talk about whether this was smart or not, but a new application company (social photo sharing) raised $41MM. They spent $500k on the...

asked Mar 25 '11 at 01:32
Blank
Michael Pryor
2,250 points

5 Votes
1 Answers
2.37K Views
Computing Valuation of Custom Software

I've recently been approached by a potential partner to buy a piece of custom software that I have written, and I'm struggling with a way to value the software. They would like to buy the source...

asked Mar 5 '11 at 10:11
Blank
Matthew Dorian
292 points

4 Votes
2 Answers
1.93K Views
How do you account for your time when asked how much has been invested in the company so far?

A potential investor is asking us to account for our own (so far unpaid) time when evaluating the amount of money invested in the company to date. How do we account for it - it's not like we've...

asked Feb 23 '11 at 13:34
Blank
Blueberryfields
426 points

5 Votes
4 Answers
2.62K Views
Old question again: how does one valuate the startup for VC purposes?

I've been running a bootstrapped startup since last year and am running into definite limitations as to what I can do without further funding. Startup enables elasticity for Microsoft's cloud...

asked Feb 15 '11 at 05:56
Blank
Igorek
886 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
2.24K Views
How might a non-profit public service website be valued?

Assume a website that provides a free service to a certain community (disability related). The site is run by a charitable foundation and there's no charge for the users of the site. There are 2...

asked Dec 17 '10 at 08:57
Blank
Howie
148 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.09K Views
Calculating the valuation of a startup

I am going to join a start-up founded by one of my colleagues. He made a mobile app by which he won some prizes, and got funding from a government program. He is the only one in the company and...

asked Jan 1 '11 at 08:09
Blank
Mbaddar
6 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.04K Views
Product valuation

I have a complete CRM for a high growing industry and having 2 customers, one of them being a huge company. I also come with a background of almost 15 years in IT and a hard core ERP/CRM/Enterprise...

asked Nov 7 '10 at 18:20
Blank
Taknev
11 points

3 Votes
4 Answers
5.36K Views
How do you overcome the "free trial" objection?

A lot of products and services come with free trials and money-back guarntees, which sets the bar pretty low for those who don't/can't provide either. Obviously, the trick is to establish value and...

asked Mar 29 '10 at 11:08
Blank
Alex Papadimoulis
5,901 points

4 Votes
3 Answers
3.96K Views
How much is my website worth?

I want to know, from a purely programmers/developers point of view, if you had to pay build this website, how much would you ask to do it? The site is http://www.marketdock.com Some features: *...

asked Mar 27 '10 at 01:23
Blank
User2940
121 points

4 Votes
6 Answers
3.36K Views
How to value a company that isn't running?

If all you have right now is an idea how do you value a company? See I want to build a software package and I have been doing research on my main competitors and such but at the end of the day how...

asked Feb 1 '10 at 16:37
Blank
Aaron
124 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
3.01K Views
How to assess the potential value of a website before its formal release

I have developed a website and now it is under internal testing. What does my website do? On the one hand, if you want someone to do something for you, you can use my website, and you need to pay...

asked Jan 13 '10 at 12:16
Blank
Steven
1 point