VAT Questions

-1 Votes
1 Answers
1.49K Views
American company buying in Holland and selling in the UK!

My Dutch supplier is claiming that I must convert the goods bought from him from T2 to T1 and export it outside the EU, and that I'm not able to sell it to the UK??!! Is that illegal from an...

VAT
asked Jan 21 '13 at 20:21
Blank
Edward
1 point

0 Votes
1 Answers
1.76K Views
Reselling US digital products from UK. VAT / tax question

I am a UK resident w/ UK ltd company which is looking to market digital products e.g ebooks, video courses, software and newsletters for example. Most vendors and customers would be based in the...

asked Dec 11 '12 at 16:37
Blank
Mark
1 point

1 Votes
1 Answers
1.82K Views
UK tax on US software company

This was partially addressed in another question, International tax on digital products for a US company, however, I'm still unclear as to what I need to do if the UK removes this threshold next...

asked Nov 16 '12 at 10:41
Blank
Geoff M
115 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.59K Views
What are the costs of selling digital goods from a EU country to a non EU country?

I am looking to setup a small business selling digital products, that are downloadable and or online questionaires. I want to sell internationally and am a European business. I have a potential...

asked Oct 25 '12 at 21:18
Blank
Jaget
6 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
1.51K Views
How would I prove it's a non-EU customers?

I'm starting a company like many of you here, selling software. I'm located in Europe and one thing that really troubled me and prevents me from going forward is one question: How do I prove the...

VAT
asked Sep 21 '12 at 08:24
Blank
Mashup
15 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
3.35K Views
Full time and self employed in UK/EU? What do I do with VAT?

For quite some time I have managed to hold a well paid full time job and in the extra time do allot of other work. These are clients that are happy to pay me cash and take the VAT hit on their...

asked Aug 18 '12 at 01:46
Blank
Willy Wonka
101 points

3 Votes
2 Answers
2.74K Views
Physical server location and place of supply

I have a company which is based in the UK, but I myself don't live in the UK (I do come to the UK from time to time). The company has a registered office address in the UK, but not a physical...

asked Jun 3 '12 at 08:50
Blank
Lukeshek
452 points

4 Votes
1 Answers
2.93K Views
Payment processors and VAT

I'm trying to understand how VAT responsibilities are handled by payment processors like FastSpring and SWReg. From the HMRC website : What is VAT? VAT is a tax that's charged on most business...

asked May 18 '12 at 05:40
Blank
Paul Stovell
204 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
1.77K Views
Do I need to charge Tax to my Clients Customers?

Possible Duplicate: Online Sales Tax: location based on transaction server, shipping address, CC, or location of purchaser? My company is UK based but many of my clients are based in the US,...

asked Apr 13 '12 at 02:20
Blank
Jon Winstanley
101 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
1.62K Views
US Web Hosting Startup with business in the EU

We have a web hosting startup and plan to accept international business. With regards to paying VAT is that still a responsibility for any customer in the EU? We currently have no assets or...

asked Mar 15 '12 at 00:27
Blank
Marco Ceppi
126 points

3 Votes
2 Answers
2.19K Views
VAT and customers outside EU

I've been reading up on VAT as it looks like this year we may need to register. We are in the UK, and sell digital goods on our website (one piece of software). As I understand it, if someone...

asked Feb 8 '12 at 22:33
Blank
Tom
480 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.52K Views
Duties & Taxes involved in importing into the US

We are a UK private limited company who export from India direct to our customers in the UK, we are now looking to export from India into the US. My question is regarding the import duties and...

asked Feb 2 '12 at 08:10
Blank
Dav
8 points

3 Votes
3 Answers
3.51K Views
International tax on digital products for a US company

I'm a developer in the US (Maryland) with an LLC and an application that I would like to sell through my website, delivered via download. I do not intend to ship physical goods of any sort, my...

asked Jun 24 '11 at 21:20
Blank
Blueberry
18 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.04K Views
What should I do when VAT adds up differently to my supplier's invoice?

Sometimes when I order a product, the VAT calculation comes out slightly different when I enter the data into my accounting package. Typically the difference is 1p but sometimes it is more. This...

asked Jun 4 '11 at 02:36
Blank
Tim Long
108 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
2.5K Views
Bootstrapping UK startup tax, VAT and Tax Credits?

I am on the verge of quitting my day job to work full time on a startup, solo initially. It seems that I could become eligible for a swathe of UK tax credits. These are pretty lucrative but they...

asked May 10 '11 at 19:53
Blank
Paperjam
394 points

3 Votes
3 Answers
5.5K Views
We're a US-based company that has been asked for an EU VAT id - what to do?

Surely we aren't the only ones that have faced this. A new customer of ours (based in the UK) is trying to set us up as a vendor and sent us a form to fill out. The assumptions on the form are that...

asked Jan 5 '11 at 04:55
Blank
Tim J
8,346 points