Web App Questions

2 Votes
2 Answers
7.41K Views
I have an idea but need a developer to create it. How do I go about finding someone to build my app?

I have an idea for a web app, but I do not possess the technical skills to develop it. I don't think it's a very complex application to build. How do I go about finding someone to create it? Is it...

asked Jul 8 '14 at 03:23
Blank
Courtney O'connell
11 points

4 Votes
2 Answers
4.79K Views
Best way to roll out major changes to a site?

We've been working on a new version of Bright Journey for a long time now and it's finally coming to fruition (putting the final touches).There are some changes that might initially disorient...

asked Jul 24 '15 at 06:41
Blank
Nishank Khanna
4,265 points

4 Votes
7 Answers
11.1K Views
How can I monetize a job board website?

I have a job board website listing local jobs in my country. There are two kind of customers: the job seekers and the employer. I have some ideas but I want your advice about monetizing the...

asked Feb 7 '11 at 06:46
Blank
Waseem Abu Senjer
28 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
2.35K Views
Is my startup good enough for funding?

I'm working on a web app and launching in the next few days, I finally came up with a name "jellyblub" and got the domain. My thing is that I'm a little embarrassed about seeking funding because...

asked May 7 '14 at 20:35
Blank
Franklin De Los Santos
11 points

3 Votes
3 Answers
3.01K Views
How close to a trademark can I get before I'm at risk of getting sued?

Background So, you may have heard of the "Net Promoter Score" which is trademarked term and is a metric for customer satisfaction and loyalty. Basically, there is a formula for calculating the...

asked Nov 6 '13 at 09:28
Blank
Kristian
141 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
2.23K Views
Self sustaining business model

I'm building this mentoring web app and as much as possible I want it to be free. Initially I'll be using my own money to set it up but I also don't want to keep paying for the infrastructure costs...

asked Oct 9 '13 at 09:17
Blank
Marconi
101 points

5 Votes
4 Answers
2.79K Views
What's a better subscription pricing model: per-user, or multi-user packages?

I'm currently working on a web application that will be used by medical clinics. We're discussing the pricing model we're going to use. We've already decided to go with a monthly subscription...

asked Oct 14 '13 at 23:22
Blank
Jonathan
126 points

0 Votes
3 Answers
2.22K Views
Trying to figure out the right lessons from a failed consumer web product

I created a web application that allowed users to share their ideas using a twitter like interface with some decent capabilities like location,search,voting and (ideas as response) , response...

asked Aug 26 '13 at 20:10
Blank
Arko D
101 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
2.45K Views
How can one monetize an app in the Google Web Store?

I have a couple of apps on the Windows Phone Store with a decent number of downloads. I was thinking about converting them to iOS or Android, but then I started looking into the Chrome Web Store. I...

asked Jul 30 '13 at 07:46
Blank
Martin
111 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.12K Views
Do i have to register with government for a Charity initiative site?

By profession I'm a software developer and recently me and my friend have thought of creating a web application that totally focuses on charity to underprivileged or providing things to the needy....

asked May 24 '13 at 17:36
Blank
Vikneshwar
6 points

4 Votes
2 Answers
2.42K Views
A dilema of starting a company vs. doing a project for a client

I got a request for a proposal to create a web application. The application would be used internally by a company to manage aspects of their business process. Coincidentally, the proposed...

asked Apr 5 '13 at 06:27
Blank
Mohamad
121 points

-1 Votes
3 Answers
2.06K Views
Question from a start-up ratings site. how does yelp assign price ratings?

e.g. restaurants are rated as $/$$ etc. Menupages.com does the same. We are building a specific kind of ratings site and want to add this feature. Just wondering if this is a manual process or a...

asked Apr 5 '13 at 22:58
Blank
User25771
5 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
1.91K Views
How can I provide web app framework as a service and keep its source disclosed?

I am developing something like a web application framework in Ruby, and I want to turn that into a business. The application is provided as a single library, and can be used by simply require -ing...

asked Apr 8 '13 at 14:30
Blank
Sawa
110 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
2.01K Views
Does uploading music files from the hard disk of a user to a music player app illegal?

I was just thinking of building a web app(for learning purposes) that would let users upload their music files on to a server and then create playlists that could be heard from anywhere in the...

asked Feb 3 '13 at 04:50
Blank
Karthik Kannan
156 points

0 Votes
3 Answers
2.64K Views
How do I develop my idea for a web app while lacking resources and development drive?

I have a web application idea with great potential that I trying to turn into a start up business. I currently work with building application in a .NET environment but for this personal project...

asked Jan 13 '13 at 17:03
Blank
Geddon
20 points

3 Votes
2 Answers
2.24K Views
When hiring a freelancer, should I lump together related tasks or spread them out?

I'm building a web app that will require API integration with numerous platforms like Flickr, Tumblr, etc. It's relatively straight forward stuff--I just need to allow users to import their various...

asked Dec 21 '12 at 07:24
Blank
Richard
357 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.04K Views
Split main website and core application

I have question about some organizational issue. Is a good idea to split my main information website (home, about, contact, ...) and my core application service to domain and subdomain? For...

asked Sep 14 '12 at 08:42
Blank
Grzegorz
144 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
1.95K Views
Determining "Critical Mass" for a Web Application

I'm in the process of building a web application that will need a healthy user base from day one to be successful (similar to a stackexchange site). I'm already taking signups but I'm curious how...

asked Aug 17 '12 at 00:31
Blank
Scunliffe
310 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
3.43K Views
Should I use a user feedback system like UserVoice or just use a support forum?

I don't really like the idea of paying $20+ per month to run a glorified message board (GetSatisfaction, UserVoice, etc.). But these kinds of services seem to be pretty popular. So am I missing...

asked Jul 24 '12 at 02:53
Blank
Richard
357 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.11K Views
Rights of parties holding interest in a company

I've been part of a small team at a startup (LLC) for about a year and a half now (since inception), working unders a PSA (Professional Services Agreement) that grants me a "membership interest"....

asked Jul 13 '12 at 08:37
Blank
David Oritz
8 points