Web Design Questions

2 Votes
1 Answers
3.46K Views
Need a terms of service generator for a web design startup

Does anybody know a good terms of service generator? I need one that, besides inserting company name and etc, will outline my and my customers' rights so I don't have to read the whole thing. I'm...

asked Nov 7 '11 at 07:11
Blank
Rooz Mahdavian
11 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
1.53K Views
What's the recommended business plan in web designing business (based in the UK)?

I've been searching for the one-stop answer for quite sometime but coudn't find any verdict what is the best option to run a web design business which minimise the risks and making both parties: me...

asked Nov 1 '11 at 02:27
Blank
Modular
39 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
1.74K Views
Advice on Webdesign Business - Pricing breakdown

i'm doing freelance PHP programming and SEO Consulting for a couple of years now. I'm at a point where i am approached by a large company (doing business in the single millions). They want a...

asked Oct 19 '11 at 21:25
Blank
Herr K
292 points

2 Votes
4 Answers
2.51K Views
How to charge customers for a web design business?

As some of my earlier questions point out, I'm a web design enthusiast and am hard at work to launch a small company, myself being the single employee. I had a simple question: how do I charge my...

asked Aug 15 '11 at 17:23
Blank
Purmou
147 points

1 Votes
4 Answers
2.32K Views
Question about timeline for our company

So we launched our website almost exactly one and a half months ago. We have about 900 unique visitors in that time. Not nearly as many as we all would have hoped, but hey, it's still early, and we...

asked Aug 17 '11 at 05:40
Blank
Slandau
203 points

5 Votes
2 Answers
2.39K Views
Alternatives to hourly rates for web design?

I've made this clear in some of my other questions, but for the sake of getting a more diverse viewpoint I'm asking a separate question. I'm 14 years old, but really passionate about web design. I...

asked Jul 2 '11 at 06:30
Blank
Purmou
147 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
2.5K Views
How to run a web design business

I have a passion for web design, and I want to start a business to get my name out there. The problem is, I'm not really sure how it works. I have a few simple questions: How should people go...

asked Jun 30 '11 at 04:50
Blank
Purmou
147 points

-1 Votes
5 Answers
3.39K Views
What should I charge for web designs using CMS?

I've been asking myself this question for a while. If a client doesn't want me to handle the maintenance of their website, but rather do it themselves, I should probably use a CMS like Joomla or...

asked Jul 1 '11 at 05:04
Blank
Purmou
147 points

4 Votes
9 Answers
4.46K Views
Crowdsourced logo and web design work. Recent experiences? Site you'd recommend?

I'm at a fairly established startup, and we need our logo and look/feel overhauled. I'm thinking about using a crowdsourced design site, along the lines of 99designs. Lots of similar sites now...

asked Jun 7 '11 at 03:49
Blank
Sarah
21 points

0 Votes
3 Answers
1.96K Views
What kind of images to buy - vectors, illustrations or photos?

I was checking shutterstock.com and it has these 3 kinds out there - 1.) Vectors 2.) Illustrations 3.) Photos My initial idea was to just buy the photos and give it to the designer, so he can...

asked Mar 31 '11 at 01:48
Blank
Planet Unknown
105 points

5 Votes
4 Answers
2.29K Views
How to select a web design firm?

How would you go about selecting and hiring a website designer? My biggest issues have been the range of prices I have been quoted for work (even among domestic providers), is there a way to...

asked Feb 10 '11 at 07:49
Blank
User7192
36 points

4 Votes
4 Answers
2.09K Views
Suggestions on sites for critiquing websites

I am looking for sites which enable users to give feedback or critiques on any sites for free. Or for site owners to solicit feedback on their sites for site design and usability? Should not be fee...

asked Nov 29 '10 at 07:27
Blank
Tony Henrich
283 points

11 Votes
10 Answers
3.56K Views
Web design really holds me back, its a mental block for me!

The one thing that really seems to hold me back from progress is web design. I hate it! Colors, layout, arghh! I can design applications/code no problem, its just the design that is a mental...

asked Jan 16 '10 at 01:20
Blank
Un Startup
162 points