Web Services Questions

0 Votes
3 Answers
2K Views
What is a possible net worth value for online start-ups 3-5 years in their existence?

I understand there is nothing like typical scenario for this, however what do you think is a possible net worth value for an online start-up in 3-5 years time, considering that the business is on a...

asked Sep 20 '11 at 13:16
Blank
Peter K.
194 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.14K Views
How to know that a startup is profitable?

How to say that a startup software company is getting profit? for example some said that if you have in bank account salaries and expenses for 3 months and running projects, this means you are...

asked Jul 20 '11 at 04:38
Blank
Amr El Garhy
118 points

2 Votes
3 Answers
1.86K Views
What online communication service do you use?

I have been using ringcentral for $40 a month and I can only take calls and messages so I can’t use ring central to make calls. I travel a lot so that is why I’m using ring central. I hear that...

asked Jun 29 '11 at 05:28
Blank
Sergio Alvarez
46 points

2 Votes
3 Answers
2.26K Views
what is the best way to to reach web design agencies, studios and freelancers?

We are a small studio providing various website production services. We mainly provide services to web design firms and individuals. Currently i have been using email marketing, adnetworks like...

asked Jun 30 '11 at 01:12
Blank
Dipesh
11 points

9 Votes
2 Answers
3.26K Views
Should I be concerned with a 0.2% conversion rate?

I have a new bootstrapped web service that targets consumers. It has a free trial offer. The visit to trial conversion is respectable, ranging from 10% to 15% on 300 samples. However, my conversion...

asked Jun 17 '11 at 22:14
Blank
Nick
173 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
2.53K Views
I offer webservices, how will my customers want to contact me?

I'm starting up my business. I'll be offering services to website owners, such as: finding broken links, making 3D covers for ebooks & DVDs from images they provide, maintaining their website,...

asked Jun 21 '11 at 18:51
Blank
User2534
154 points

3 Votes
4 Answers
3.04K Views
Tracking User Actions on Landing Pages

I'm developing a web application. It's months away from completion but I would like to build a landing page to show to potential customers to explain things and gauge their interest--basically...

asked Jun 22 '11 at 07:56
Blank
Chris W.
116 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
2.45K Views
Using a consulting development company vs Building your own team

Our team has a huge 7 digit venture capitalist funding and we want to make a web service that we get money on every time people use it. The software does not depend on us coming out with more...

asked Jun 5 '11 at 04:16
Blank
Anthonypliu
136 points

4 Votes
3 Answers
2.13K Views
Does my CMS choice limit the scalability or types of services I can integrate?

My start up business will be a social service that also hooks to a mobile application. I want my users to be able to interact with my service over their phones or on their PCs. Naturally I'm...

asked Mar 28 '11 at 18:35
Blank
Long Winter
271 points

-1 Votes
2 Answers
2.76K Views
Where do coupon websites find their coupons?

Is there some service that aggregate coupon promo code ? There is a lot of coupon websites out there, I would be surprise that all of them fill in information by hand. I didn't find any freelancer...

asked Mar 23 '11 at 02:13
Blank
Emmanuel Caradec
99 points

3 Votes
3 Answers
1.76K Views
Generating income with web development/design skills without having the client too much involved in the process?

Almost every client thinks that design is something subjective, and they often get involved in UI and UX design decisions too much. Most of the time, the situation turns like this comic. I...

asked Mar 3 '11 at 11:48
Blank
Alexchenco
134 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
2.39K Views
Which page flow will have better conversion rate?

Which flow will have a better conversion rate? I am designing the page flow for a website that is a of a monthly subscription type. Here's the page flow options I have: Home Page (Try now...

asked Jan 4 '11 at 02:26
Blank
User3462
345 points

2 Votes
3 Answers
2.29K Views
Suggest web app for managing small business

I'm looking for a web app with CRM, ERP and simple accounting features to run a small software shop. Will be very grateful if someone could help me out with this.

asked Jan 4 '11 at 18:30
Blank
Alexey Anufriyev
113 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
1.9K Views
Competing products -- what's the law?

I had an idea for a web app about 3 years ago, but I haven't had time to build it. This year I've finally got some time and some interest/availability from a colleague, so we've decided to begin...

asked Oct 9 '10 at 10:36
Blank
User4732
28 points

4 Votes
5 Answers
2.59K Views
Registering My small Web Design & Development Company

I'm having a small start-up web design & development company. All we have is website. Now we are having some big clients and are getting good projects now and then. It's Run by me & my...

asked Oct 10 '10 at 20:49
Blank
Esafwan
123 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
4.43K Views
Free ESPs (Email Service Providers) for Tax Exempt Non-Profit organizations?

My Tax Exempt 501(c)(3)non-profit organization is launching a new web application. We will be generating large amounts of emails between our users. We estimate that we will be sending and receiving...

asked Oct 16 '10 at 11:43
Blank
John Kramlich
108 points

0 Votes
3 Answers
1.95K Views
When a service oriented site starts, do they open with projects/customers?

How do service oriented sites start with content? For instance, when a site such as ebay or elance.com start, they woudl need some type of auctions already posted to generate interest in new...

asked Oct 8 '10 at 01:31
Blank
Sk24iam
344 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
5.28K Views
Is 1 to 3 % an acceptable conversion rate for a web service startup?

My friend and I are developing a web service startup at http://gnymb.us, and out of 70 unique visits to the site, we have had two signups so far. Is this good?

asked Sep 9 '10 at 23:35
Blank
Chad Johnson
113 points

3 Votes
5 Answers
3.2K Views
Is there a service I can use for cheque mailing?

I am keeping track of commissions earned by my customers in a database. Each month, I have the amount they earned and their Names and Addresses. I can easily automate the generation of the lists...

asked Jul 17 '10 at 05:16
Blank
Lkessler
1,471 points

-2 Votes
6 Answers
5.16K Views
Is there a missing niche market in web hosting business?

I am thinking in web hosting as a new startup. Is there a niche market in this segment which is not properly served in your opinion? What do you think?

asked May 22 '10 at 02:22
Blank
Tony Henrich
85 points