Web Services Questions

1 Votes
1 Answers
1.82K Views
Do ISO certifications help an online business or service?

ISO certifications are more prevalent in areas like manufacturing and physical services. How about web businesses and services? Are there well defined certifications for things like SAAS and SEO?...

asked Feb 1 '10 at 17:16
Blank
Joe
277 points

8 Votes
4 Answers
4.08K Views
What are Advantages and Disadvantages of Pricing Monthly Subscriptions?

I've recently the post on the question: Subscription Pricing Starting Strategy: start high and lower, or start low and raise?, and I also read the articles and comments for: QuickSprout: Customer...

asked Dec 22 '09 at 09:28
Blank
Matt
460 points

5 Votes
3 Answers
3.84K Views
How might I send a million newsletters a month?

What would you recommend for sending a very large number of newsletters, e.g. a million or more each month? I would want them reliably delivered within a few days. I am willing to pay a...

asked Jan 1 '10 at 10:57
Blank
Lkessler
1,471 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
3.14K Views
Payment processing for subscription based, high value, downloadable software

I read through some suggestions on this site with regard to payment processors and after a good deal of investigation found Avangate.com had all of the features I needed: Flexible payment options...

asked Jan 6 '10 at 01:37
Blank
Ian Wilson
88 points

4 Votes
2 Answers
2.37K Views
Any examples of web business's spawned from a business person's idea and put into action by a technical cofounder?

While many people talk about the new paradigm of outsourcing technical skills to India or China, there is much derision among technical blogs and people about business people getting into the job...

asked Dec 12 '09 at 09:28
Blank
Seth
21 points

2 Votes
3 Answers
3.61K Views
Are there any good monetization strategies for webservice/API providers?

I often have ideas for a webservice ... as in a live internet programming API (Application Programmable Interface) for other websites. Ideally, I'd like to allow access to the API for free in order...

asked Nov 25 '09 at 09:03
Blank
John Mac Intyre
1,086 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
1.77K Views
How might one get a local business directory for a niche of a category?

It is easy to white label or launch a hosted directory of local businesses; there are countless providers who can even segment the directory to a specific locality or category (i.e. restaurants,...

asked Dec 2 '09 at 04:13
Blank
Paul O'brien
521 points