Website Questions

Setting up a website is a key step in starting a new business and in today's world, an effective web presence is a vital marketing tool.

3 Votes
3 Answers
2.54K Views
How to protect myself from uncommitted co-founders

Two of us came together to work on an idea for a web startup. We end up killing the initial product and a third person joined. A new product is built and launched. It happens that I'm the...

asked Jan 19 '13 at 12:53
Blank
Nyxynyx
193 points

5 Votes
4 Answers
2.02K Views
Questions regarding faking a user-base for new sites?

Is creating multiple accounts and creating content on a user-generated content site a common solution to the classic "initial community" problem? It seems like a viable solution and certainly...

asked Jan 24 '13 at 09:09
Blank
User12173
128 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
2.18K Views
Joint ventures: how much to charge?

I have developed a game and I intend to offer it in my friend's website. His website has a lot of visitors. We discussed the idea, and to make it profitable, his idea is to add banners from...

asked Jan 10 '13 at 20:52
Blank
Junior Mayhé
138 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
3.3K Views
getting reviews on a new website?

I am starting a price comparison website of a niche product category. when I go live I want reviews of the products and the vendors to exists. I see a lot of reviews on yelp and other review sites,...

asked Dec 21 '12 at 01:40
Blank
Stanford Sequeira
42 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.16K Views
MVP: include price right from the start or test first

I have idea for the file sharing site. Now, I was thinking to first release the service without pricing options and users base, basically, to offer free but limited service, kind a like free...

asked Dec 5 '12 at 10:46
Blank
Cikatomo
108 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
1.92K Views
Strategies for gaining mass adoption for a web startup

Say now I develop a web site that requires a large number of users to work. eg. StackOverflow which requires collaboration between many users. Whart sort of strategies could I employ to gain mass...

asked Dec 6 '12 at 20:51
Blank
Daniel Pp Cabral
106 points

1 Votes
5 Answers
3.29K Views
.com domain with hyphen or .info without hyphen?

Let's say I have a choice between best-something.com and bestsomething.info, and my website will contain articles how to choose best "something" and reviews of various "something". I read a lot...

asked Dec 7 '12 at 16:04
Blank
Lissanro Rahyen
8 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
1.78K Views
How to decide advertisement budget for a new start up company?

We have developed a platform here in India for consumers which they can also rate and review. We also provide latest informative articles, "how to" guides, etc, to educate customers. Now, we want...

asked Dec 11 '12 at 22:13
Blank
Tejash
6 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.44K Views
Register company in UK or France for French internet startup

I am a UK based web developer currently building a French language affiliate marketing website to be hosted in France. My business partners are French and I am trying to decide whether my business...

asked Nov 20 '12 at 05:01
Blank
Brian
6 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
1.79K Views
Rebranding a New Web Company

I have a website that I have been working on for a few months and I have a pretty decent social media following as well as a lot of visitors on my website and we have decided we need to change the...

asked Nov 28 '12 at 07:13
Blank
Clifgray
200 points

4 Votes
3 Answers
2.99K Views
How do web-developers do web-design when freelancing?

So I got my first job recently as junior web-developer. My company creates small/medium sites for wide variety of customers: autobusiness companies, weddign agencies, some sauna websites, etcetc,...

asked Nov 30 '12 at 03:20
Blank
Gerald Blizz
21 points

-2 Votes
2 Answers
2.57K Views
Is it legal to add content to a third party sites via a browser extension?

I want to create an extension that adds content on third party sites. I will not show any advertising and I will not hide the site's content. I'd like to add my related content to 5 or 6 third...

asked Nov 30 '12 at 18:10
Blank
Giorgio Resci
8 points

3 Votes
1 Answers
2.03K Views
How to choose a Ads solution for website or mobile apps that uses the profiled data?

We have a website and some mobile apps which generate significant number of daily views (say 10M). The main feature of these projects is that, in most cases, you know a lot about users interests,...

asked Nov 7 '12 at 03:27
Blank
Lukasz Dziedzia
16 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.03K Views
Should a great project to solve one problem become a start-up?

Some time back, I set out to solve a specific problem: How can I help people who haven't met yet collaborate to create great ideas ahead of weekend startup events?I couldn't find a site out there...

asked Oct 25 '12 at 03:15
Blank
Jeremy Parsons
5,197 points

1 Votes
4 Answers
2.7K Views
IS .com is better than other extension ? How?

Possible Duplicate: Should I get a .co or .com? Statement - 1) Many peoples says that .com is better domain extension than other extension like .org, .net, .info, .gov , .in etc. According to...

asked Oct 25 '12 at 18:50
Blank
Directory Submission Service
6 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.89K Views
Hosting images outside main site?

I noticed that sites like StackOverflow host user-submitted images outside their site, (in the SO case, at imgur). I've also seen forums do the same thing. Are there advantages to taking this...

asked Oct 30 '12 at 03:49
Blank
Martin's
121 points

8 Votes
2 Answers
2.5K Views
When a huge company copies your startup

What do you do when a huge online company (as dominant as say Google, Apple, Microsoft etc in their respective niche) has a big feature that's been lacking in their very popular product, and your...

asked Nov 5 '12 at 23:57
Blank
Nyxynyx
193 points

0 Votes
3 Answers
2.83K Views
How can I protect my website concept?

My dilemma is that I have the ability to design and develop my web concept to a certain extent and I'm doing courses to equip myself with as much knowledge as I can get to take it as far as...

asked Oct 7 '12 at 20:27
Blank
Warren Van Rooyen
34 points

0 Votes
4 Answers
1.82K Views
Recognise Business Partners on Website

Is it any kind of practice to recognise companies in which I have a business to business relationship with? For example, putting a small logo for my attorney on my company's website. "We enjoy...

asked Oct 10 '12 at 11:10
Blank
Hatch108
120 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
3.79K Views
Ecommerce website development - advice needed

I am starting an eCommerce marketplace. I am about to give the go ahead to my designer to start work- however I have already paid 2000$ for development. But, for the maintenance only he is...

asked Oct 14 '12 at 04:36
Blank
Stanford Sequeira
42 points