Work Life Questions

2 Votes
1 Answers
3.15K Views
How are you able to cope with working 60 to 80+ hours a week on your startup?

What are some ways to cope with working long hours 7 days a week on your startup? I have been working day and night for the last 3 months and it has taken a hefty toll on my health and well being.I...

asked Jul 17 '14 at 13:56
Blank
Sheldon Echols
11 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.72K Views
Hacks for a free / low cost startup office space?

Working from home or a coffee shop are both tough for me due to distractions (and lack of motivation if I work from home).Where are some hacks / places I could use to work without many...

asked Mar 18 '14 at 03:32
Blank
Carson Lovett
45 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.8K Views
Deciding the number of working hours to do per week?

After reading couple of work-life & time management questions, I'd like to ask, how much did you work, especially in the beginning (hours per week). I've been making preparations in the...

asked Aug 5 '13 at 21:23
Blank
Gspia
113 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.22K Views
Obsessive thoughts making me a "under performer"

This is more like a behavioral problem. I always want to start a business. Since this feeling increasing day by day, I am more obsessed in my day job(software Engineer). 1.I have few startup...

asked Apr 9 '13 at 19:09
Blank
Codebrain
187 points

7 Votes
6 Answers
3.46K Views
Startups and full time jobs

I've come over from Stack Overflow. I'm currently working full time as a web site developer, and like many people have got a bit fed up of working for someone else and want to set my own business...

asked Jan 22 '12 at 04:51
Blank
Space Beers
168 points

4 Votes
5 Answers
3.25K Views
What should I consider before jumping from stable job to startup?

I work in finance and have a stable job with lots of growth potential. However, I have no passion here. When I think about working for a startup, my eyes light up with excitement. I'm immobilized...

asked Oct 21 '11 at 00:36
Blank
Ryan
162 points

4 Votes
4 Answers
3.29K Views
Should I have a girlfriend while bootstrapping a startup?

Possible Duplicate: How to start a business and not destroy your marriage? I began to seriously work on a startup idea during the summer after reading a bunch of blogs and watching startup...

asked Oct 10 '11 at 11:56
Blank
Siamii
195 points

3 Votes
3 Answers
2.32K Views
How Much Work Is Too Much Work?

I'm a freelance developer, formerly from the business sales world (Capital One Bank, HSBC Bank). About six years ago, before I knew ANYTHING about programming, I got involved with an internet...

asked Oct 12 '11 at 04:29
Blank
Jw60660
128 points

3 Votes
6 Answers
3.27K Views
A Lazy Entreprener - the Full/Part Time Dilemma

Question: Can a lazy entrepreneur/perfectionist make it? I am 50, single, and after 15 years have built a very nice sole prop web design business. I became more disciplined last year and might...

asked Aug 11 '11 at 10:30
Blank
Randy
249 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
1.95K Views
What methodology do you use to control business cofounders?

Here is a story behind: We had our small startup found (me and my friend are so called technical guys) by one of the major VC. They gave us so called parental advisory, one of the managers form...

asked Aug 3 '11 at 19:16
Blank
Patrick
13 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.04K Views
Technical Minded Team Experience Or General Work Experience

To preface this, I'm a kid in high school that enjoys playing with ruby and ruby on rails. During the summer, my web development passion gets close to 100% of my time, but during the school year it...

asked Jul 12 '11 at 01:22
Blank
Flashuni
3 points

5 Votes
3 Answers
3.07K Views
Are there Internet startups that became successful without enormous time commitment from employees?

The software and Internet startup companies I've worked for required 60, 80, or more hours a week of their employees (not just founders), for extended periods of time, up to a year. Are there...

asked Jun 10 '11 at 08:19
Blank
Meva
26 points

2 Votes
9 Answers
2.93K Views
How to Guide the Amount that Employees Work?

I run a well-funded startup. We're fortunate to have built a kick-ass team with a great product and good early traction. But I worry that our team's work ethic is sliding into stasis. Most of my...

asked Jun 3 '11 at 14:13
Blank
Randy B
14 points

6 Votes
3 Answers
2.53K Views
Having a baby that isn't the start-up?

So, an acuqaintence of mine who is someone whose opinion I respect on the nitty gritty in the dirt of startups just had a new baby. I was thinking about how distracting that can be. How the new...

asked May 17 '11 at 12:18
Blank
Joseph Barisonzi
12,141 points

6 Votes
8 Answers
3.9K Views
Sharing workload between partners when I am the only developer?

I have been dipping my toes into a web-based startup idea with two others. They approached me with the original seed of an idea, but neither are developers. So I would be building the (fairly...

asked Mar 12 '11 at 16:23
Blank
Elwyn
131 points

1 Votes
4 Answers
2.53K Views
Is it Possible to start a Business and a Relationship Simultaneously?

I stumbled across one sad story, on how one entrepreneur broke a relationship, and then missed another because of his startup. This got me thinking: is it possible to start a business and a...

asked Feb 28 '11 at 11:54
Blank
Graviton
871 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
1.88K Views
Is it possible to succeed at both starting and sustaining a successful business and a successful relationship simultaneously?

Is there any example of succeeding at both starting and sustaining a successful business and a successful relationship simultaneously? Or, is it worth trying it?

asked Mar 1 '11 at 19:49
Blank
Graviton
871 points

7 Votes
13 Answers
4.54K Views
How do you balance work and family life?

Here it is, 1:06 AM on a Friday night... and I'm still doing business stuff (well, technically, meta-business stuff here with OnStartups). I have a feeling that I probably should have went to bed...

asked Oct 10 '09 at 14:35
Blank
Alex Papadimoulis
5,901 points