Ycombinator Questions

1 Votes
2 Answers
3.36K Views
Why is silicon valley, and YCombinator / Paul Graham in particular, opposed to funding solo founders?

I have been a solo founder my whole life and have managed to start several businesses without the need for outside funding. Yet, when I decided to explore my options and try to join an incubator...

asked Feb 13 '14 at 17:16
Blank
User30118
6 points

3 Votes
1 Answers
6.87K Views
What questions are asked at the YCombinator interview?

My startup has been selected to fly over to Mountain View and interview for YCombinator. What are some of the types of questions we can expect Paul Graham to ask us?

asked Jan 29 '14 at 18:41
Blank
Tylar Michaelson
41 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.7K Views
Organisational structure of investing / consulting LLCs? (by example of seed accelerator Y Combinator)

I wonder how companies like Y Combinator are structured. Y Combinator is a seed accelerator, investing in and consulting businesses. On Y Combinator's web site, there is a list of partners. Y...

asked Jun 22 '13 at 21:58
Blank
Feklee
148 points

2 Votes
6 Answers
7.33K Views
Standard Articles of Incorporation Documents - resources

What are the best incorporation (and related) document resources? Are the YCombinator incorporation docs available? There are a number of 'model' or 'open source' documents for a startup's first...

asked Jan 25 '12 at 15:50
Blank
Chris Busselle
36 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.08K Views
Do I need a technical co-founder to apply to Y Combinator?

There are two of us already on the team and have some knowledge of programming but no qualifications. Do you think we will be disadvantaged by not having a technical co-founder?

asked Sep 18 '11 at 22:08
Blank
Logi Kal
37 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
1.91K Views
How many of the YC interviewees get offered a place in a batch?

How many people get asked for an interview and how many get offered a place in a YC batch?

asked Sep 21 '11 at 01:18
Blank
Logi Kal
37 points