Morality Questions

6 Votes
2 Answers
2.32K Views
Is it ethical for an employee to start a similar business?

Is ethical for an employee quitting to start a similar business? What do you think?

asked Jul 31 '11 at 01:54
Blank
Sd Reyes
156 points

18 Votes
11 Answers
6.02K Views
Is Outsourcing Evil?

I find the topic of outsourcing incredibly interesting, and I propose the question: Is Outsourcing Evil? A recent blog post at onstartups got me going about even more about it. Up until this week...

asked Jan 7 '11 at 09:24
Blank
Alex Cook
641 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
3.13K Views
How to reconcile the unethicalness in business activities with my deep-rooted moral?

I want to be rich. But when it comes to do business, I find many people are cheating in business. If you don't cheat, you can't make a lot of money. I feel so sad. On the one hand, I don't want to...

asked Jul 6 '10 at 20:09
Blank
Jack
116 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
2.11K Views
What is the contribution of a trade company? Isn't it better for a buyer to buy products from the manufacturer?

I think a trade company is unnecessary. It only lengths the chain. Many trade companies pretends to be a manufacturer, but actually they are not. What positive a trade company make? Why do we need...

asked Jul 6 '10 at 21:22
Blank
Jack
116 points

-1 Votes
4 Answers
2.02K Views
business ethics: Is un-illegal cheat ok in business?

In business world, many companies,salespersons, businessmen are unethical, they don't tell you the whole picture or they minimize or magnify some aspects, or they ignore some aspects on purpose....

asked Jul 6 '10 at 21:36
Blank
Jack
116 points

7 Votes
11 Answers
3.36K Views
Is capitalism really evil? How is your startup measuring success and promoting the common good?

Went to see (and enjoyed) the movie Avatar. I've been thinking about how the conventional wisdom says capitalists are evil, greedy, self serving, and a danger to the common good. The very real cost...

asked Dec 28 '09 at 06:42
Blank
Keith De Long
5,091 points