Non Compete Questions

0 Votes
2 Answers
3.66K Views
Shareholder investing in competing business

We have non-competition clauses in shareholder agreement which prevents any shareholder to own shares in a company which is a competitor. We founding partners think this is a good idea to prevent...

asked Jan 22 '13 at 06:26
Blank
User23570
6 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
3K Views
Is a non-compete agreement with a Delaware company enforceable when working in California

I work in California for a company that is based in Delaware. I am asked to sign a non-compete agreement that would prevent me from doing what I do today for 18 months after termination anywhere in...

asked Nov 27 '13 at 10:14
Blank
Ray Sf
126 points

2 Votes
3 Answers
2.21K Views
Non-compete clause in social media

I am in talks with one company (to be hired as a web developer) and looks like a contract is going to be signed soon. There are talks about non-compete clause that does not allow me to work in the...

asked Apr 18 '12 at 09:39
Blank
Gediminas
113 points

4 Votes
4 Answers
3.14K Views
Is a non-compete enforceable if you are not an employee of the company?

My wife has an offer from a company in NYC and the contract says specifically that she would be an independent consultant for a 3 month trial period, and not an employee of the company during that...

asked Dec 5 '11 at 12:36
Blank
Nick Larsen
128 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.5K Views
Is there an alternative to a non-compete in California?

I have a new business idea and am talking to consultants and potential employees. I would like to get these people under non-disclosure / non-competes. However, both the other company and I reside...

asked Nov 29 '11 at 09:47
Blank
Brianb
21 points