PPC Questions

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.8K Views
Running PPC campaigns for competitor's brand names?

I would like to run Google AdWords campaigns with the keywords as my competitor's brand names. Some questions: Is it legal to do so? Would consumers view this negatively for my brand (i.e. would my...

asked May 11 '14 at 18:44
Blank
Yesenia Mc Laughlin
7 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
3.72K Views
Is SEO dead for thin sites that deal with affiliate marketing?

Google has made it public in their guidelines that too many affiliate links on a site effects it's rankings significantly.Does that mean sites that are completely about affiliate marketing...

asked Apr 12 '14 at 00:40
Blank
Gary Taylor
12 points

3 Votes
3 Answers
2.21K Views
How to determine how much money I need to spend on AdWords to test a market?

I need to test the market to determine how many people are interested in subscribing to my site. The niche is related to "web design" and "themes". I would like to know if the project I'm planning...

asked Jun 29 '13 at 07:21
Blank
Pennf0lio
140 points

5 Votes
3 Answers
2.56K Views
Should I go for SEO or PPC?

I am working on starting up a new company for providing software development services for iPhone and Android apps. My goal is to get at least 10 projects in a month to reach break even in 3/4...

asked Mar 2 '12 at 18:43
Blank
Ali
179 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
1.99K Views
On an e-commerce site, how do you attribute a sale to PPC if a visitor comes from PPC but then returns to buy through another website?

Can we use cookies and if so how do we install this? What software could track this kind of conversion scenario?

asked Sep 22 '11 at 15:43
Blank
Nikolay Piryankov
683 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.96K Views
Will people use a site that pays them to share?

We have just launched a beta of our website that pays people to share products and services they like with friends in their network who might be interested. We are trying to figure out the best way...

asked Sep 28 '11 at 06:37
Blank
Ben Stewart
11 points

2 Votes
3 Answers
2.3K Views
How much should I Pay Per Click relative to Lifetime Value of the customer?

For simplicity assume conversion rate is 10%, and margin is 50%. How much should I pay for the visitor in relation to the lifetime value of the customer? PPC/10% < LTV*50% has to be true, but...

asked May 21 '11 at 00:51
Blank
Tim Nikolaev
176 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
2.35K Views
In-house vs. 3rd Party PPC Management

I own a successful website selling a software product, but we do absolutely no in-house marketing at all. 75% of our sales come from affiliates promoting us. So, we'd like to become more involved...

asked Mar 17 '11 at 17:59
Blank
John
23 points

0 Votes
3 Answers
2.1K Views
Selling PPC... Shared or Dedicated?

I want to sell PPC to white collar professional service businesses (lawyers, accountants, etc.) I already am a website designer marketing to these folks. I could create a website that sells a...

asked Mar 2 '11 at 12:22
Blank
Randy
249 points

3 Votes
3 Answers
2.83K Views
Approach to online marketing

What online marketing strategy do you use if you run site that sells services? Where do you start?

asked Jan 21 '11 at 12:17
Blank
Mat Banik
325 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
2.61K Views
Knowing what PPC keywords your competitors are using

I was checking out www.keywordcompetitor.com and they claim they can tell you what keywords your competitors are using in their PPC campaigns and organic listings. They can also monitor every move...

asked Jul 20 '10 at 05:40
Blank
Tony Henrich
85 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.88K Views
Looking for current data on realistic ad revenue for a user generated content web site

We're launching a user generated content web site in late 2Q. I'm looking to get a realistic view of revenue opportunities from impressions and per click ads. The site will serve members across...

asked Mar 6 '10 at 12:28
Blank
Warren E. Hart
2,181 points