EB-2 Visa Amendment: How to apply for the visa for my new startup to be based out of the valley


Has anyone applied for new business visa (EB-2 amendment) to startup in the valley?

  • Can someone share their experience?
  • What is the procedure?
  • Do you need an American citizen as a co-founder?
  • What documents are needed?

Visa Startupvisa

asked Aug 13 '11 at 14:55
101 points
  • This amendment is relatively new and this is REALLY grey area. I would be surprised if somebody on this forum really did this. I'd probably go directly to a good lawyer to find out if I were you. – Salmon 12 years ago
  • I agree with Salmon's comment. Having been through the process of sorting L1A/B and J1 visas for the US, I can say that a good immigration attorney is worth their weight in gold. – Nick Stevens 12 years ago

1 Answer


I'd REALLY really refer to an attorney because

  • this is VERY new
  • because of the above, even in case of any disagreements down the road, the USCIS will see that you put in a reasonable effort in getting real information for an actual attorney (vs forum comments)
  • Considering all the other risks inherent in any startup, do you really want to compound them by an uncertain foundation on immigration issues that put you at odds with the government? This is a risk you can control - so why not via a good attorney?

I saw a similar thread on Quora pointing to Jennifer Lee who seems to have experience in startups and EB-2 cases - exactly what you're looking for ! Details at http://www.linkedin.com/in/jyleelaw Disclaimer: None, I've never used her service and have no relation whatsoever.

answered Jan 28 '12 at 04:55
649 points
  • Do you have a link to her Quora answer? – Quintin 12 years ago
  • Sorry, didn't keep history. I searched and browsed when I read your question. – Sid 12 years ago

Your Answer

  • Bold
  • Italic
  • • Bullets
  • 1. Numbers
  • Quote
Not the answer you're looking for? Ask your own question or browse other questions in these topics:

Visa Startupvisa