Visa Questions

1 Votes
1 Answers
1.91K Views
Startups that allow for remote working

Are there many startups that have the necessary setup for internationally located employees to work remotely? Please provide examples of such companies or websites where such lists could be found....

asked Dec 2 '13 at 01:53
Blank
Moonstar2001
186 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.17K Views
What options have our CTO co-founder to apply for an inmigrant visa if he left university to work for us?

So we founded our company more than one year ago, we are two US citizens and one chilean citizen. The company is registered as an LLC but we plan to move to a C-Corp later on. Our chilean...

asked Nov 12 '13 at 03:13
Blank
Pbrown
6 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
1.78K Views
Which type of visa is suitable for an Indian co founder to come to US

I’m a co-founder of a start up in US. An Israeli company is invested in our business. Among other 2 co-founders one is a US citizen and the other is from Israel who is having a US visa. So which...

asked Nov 2 '13 at 02:31
Blank
Jibin George
6 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
4.54K Views
How can my startup sponsor J1 Visa?

I have a startup, active for 2 years. I found a guy and it looks like the best way is to get him a J1 visa. how can my company sponsor a J1 visa for him ?

asked Aug 24 '13 at 18:29
Blank
User1592987
8 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
4.35K Views
Accepting stock options from another company while in H1B

I am currently working for a company and I'm on an H1B. I know that I cannot accept compensation from any other employer but the company that filed for my visa. What if another company grants me...

asked Jul 17 '13 at 09:35
Blank
Gevorg
106 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
1.54K Views
Alternatives to the H-1B visa

I've been given a potential job offer from an established company in Brooklyn as a front-end developer. The problem is, I'm South African (living here) and I'm self-taught with a certificate (note,...

asked Jul 18 '13 at 22:24
Blank
Synaptix
8 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
3.51K Views
H1b transfer for new small corp c startup

How easy/doable/possible it is for an early small (two man) funded start-up to hire someone how is now working with H1B for another company and we apply for a H1B transfer for him to come join us?

asked Jun 1 '13 at 17:44
Blank
I Code
111 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.19K Views
LLC partnership on student visa and then transfer to H1B

I am on F1 visa. I'm done with my masters and am on my OPT. Can I be a partner in an LLC? What about when I go on H1B. I'm looking to startup in Texas & California both. I tried to look for...

asked Mar 7 '13 at 10:10
Blank
Diablo Sharma
28 points

3 Votes
1 Answers
1.88K Views
Green card application for founder

We are now at a stage where we'd like to apply for a green card for one of the founders. It seems that this is very difficult to do given that the requirements state that the position for the green...

asked Mar 8 '13 at 06:24
Blank
Conor Power
18 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.76K Views
H1B co-founder for company that may not make profit for 3-4 years

Our question is very similar to this one: While H1B can I work on my interested Idea as Startup with no intention of earning? We have one co-founder on a H1B visa who we want to make a legal...

asked Oct 7 '12 at 03:08
Blank
Sam
20 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
5.18K Views
How to properly bring remotely working freelancer to US for a short period of time?

We have our lead developer working for us remotely outside of USA. We would like to bring him over to US for a month - what kind of visa should he get to do this properly? Is B1/B2 a right choice?...

asked Sep 18 '12 at 22:04
Blank
Igor Romanov
118 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.37K Views
I'm on H1B that I want to keep, but I'm about to co-found a start-up

I don't want to risk my H1B and current job at all. I currently work at a fortune 500 company and it's a really nice deal. However, I helped build this great website which will be an automated...

asked Aug 4 '12 at 16:10
Blank
Giorgi
11 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.82K Views
Starting a company in the US as a foreigner

I am a student from Germany, and I want to start a company in the US. I've given starting it here first and then eventually expanding to the US some serious consideration, however, the chances of...

asked Jul 22 '12 at 08:43
Blank
Alex
51 points

0 Votes
3 Answers
2.63K Views
Is it legal to work for equity on a J-1 visa?

I'm currently on a J-1 visa and I understand that I'm not allowed to be paid by any company or organization other than my sponsoring organization. However, is it legal for me to 'work' for a...

asked Jun 29 '12 at 07:27
Blank
Dawood
101 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
1.88K Views
Self-employed would like to hire non-US

I am a self-employed political consultant and would like to hire a non-US citizen to help me work on EU-US relations and have him work with me in the US. I am confident that his expertise cannot be...

asked Apr 20 '12 at 23:22
Blank
John
6 points

0 Votes
3 Answers
2.02K Views
Can I pay by company card for myself?

I myself run a limited company in the UK. The bank offers me a free Visa card only if I make any payments using the card. The problem is that sometimes I don't need to buy anything for the company...

asked Mar 3 '12 at 06:46
Blank
Lukeshek
452 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
3.03K Views
How can a H1b visa holder be a co-founder with another Green Card holder co-founder?

I am on an H1b Visa working for company A. My Green Card has just been filed. My friend is a Green Card holder working for company B. We want to start a start-up business as co-founders. Can...

asked Mar 10 '12 at 07:48
Blank
Raj
24 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2K Views
H1-B visa qualifying criteria for employer

I'm a non US citizen, member of a US Domestic LLC formed last year. The LLC pays taxes in the US, has both EIN and DUNS and has no employees yet. I would like to sponsor a non US citizen...

asked Jan 14 '12 at 01:57
Blank
Tchitcho
18 points

3 Votes
2 Answers
2.24K Views
Anyone has an experience with E2 Visa?

I'm a foreign web entrepreneur, I can get an investor to invest +$100k into my US targetted startup. Will i be eligible to apply for an E2 US visa? Because i'm not sure if it's necessary that the...

asked Jan 8 '12 at 09:35
Blank
Ryan
139 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
3.1K Views
Startup on F-1 Visa

I'm on an F-1 visa. Would it be possible to be a co-founder (other founders being US citizens) in a startup incorporated as a C-corp. Thanks

asked Sep 23 '11 at 11:45
Blank
Anon1234
6 points