USA Questions

0 Votes
0 Answers
2.31K Views
How can a non US citizen get 20% equity in US company?

Background: I am an Indian citizen residing in India. For the past 3 years I've worked with a US company to develop a software product at a very low price. Now the product is generating some...

asked Feb 2 '20 at 15:48
Blank
Raghu N
1 point

1 Votes
3 Answers
7.95K Views
How to get a real US street address virtual mailbox without #box number?

CMRA stands for a Commercial Mail Receiving Agency. See example: http://freshdesk.com/about Freshdesk, Inc. 340 S Lemon Ave #7585 Los Angeles, CA, 91789, USA The #7585 in the address is the...

asked Jan 14 '13 at 21:49
Blank
Investor
8 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
3.26K Views
Starting an internet company in USA as a foreigner

I am a student in USA. And I have an idea for a startup. I have people with me (US Citizens) who are willing to help me establishing this company.So i am wondering now what do i need to do...

asked Mar 16 '12 at 01:39
Blank
Jeet Robert
6 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
2.24K Views
How difficult (or how does one) apply for R&D Tax Credits (USA) for software development (new product)?

We are developing a new web-based product. Looking for feedback from people who have applied for such tax credits. What are the steps to applying for an R&D Tax Credit? How difficult was it...

asked Mar 27 '13 at 23:17
Blank
Clay Nichols
737 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.61K Views
Foreigners Registering Nevada Corp

A California based investor will invest in a website developed and operated by a tech person in Europe. Since the website is targeting U.S. visitors, they want to register a C-Corp in Nevada. The...

asked Jul 20 '13 at 05:46
Blank
User26315
6 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
3.62K Views
How to set up an LLC company in USA and a bank account for operating the LLC

Possible Duplicate: How to register LLC in USA or LTD in UK and bank account, for foreigner? Please help me out to form an LLC company in USA along with a bank account to operate it. I am an...

asked May 21 '12 at 18:08
Blank
Avinash
1 point

0 Votes
1 Answers
4.18K Views
Setting up company in India vs United States

I would like to know the advantages and disadvantages of starting a company in India in contrast to the United States. As far as I am concerned, I have seen companies (not all) set up in the...

asked Dec 9 '13 at 18:48
Blank
Java Technical
152 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
1.86K Views
My UK based SaaS product is not showing up in US searches

I reckon I should get at least 5x searches form the US as from the UK, just by population metrics. I get a tiny amount of US searches. (Which ironically convert much better.) Is Google excluding...

asked Nov 29 '13 at 01:52
Blank
Robert Wringham
6 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.23K Views
Closing an S-Corp in California

Sorry for the California specificity of my question, but that is where I am located. I want to close my S-corp (I'm taking a full time job). Ideally, I'd like to do it before the end of the year...

asked Nov 9 '13 at 06:02
Blank
Dave
160 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
4.9K Views
Tax consequences to transfer ownership of single member llc to wife upon death

I have a single member LLC in New Jersey. Upon my death, will my wife be taxed (and how much) if I assign my ownership interest to her as per an operating agreement?

asked Nov 22 '13 at 12:28
Blank
Infi
1 point

1 Votes
2 Answers
4.21K Views
Providing startup capital: liquidate rental property or take a personal loan?

A friend of mine is starting his own company based off my proof of concept and we have arrived at two alternatives for me to help him out financially in this endeavor in regards to rental property...

asked Nov 27 '13 at 10:25
Blank
F1 Student In Us
141 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.7K Views
Failing to file 83(b) election

I worked for a start up for a year and I had 1/4 of my stock options vested. I decided to exercise the options and purchased it on 8/15. I gave them the check but it was not until last week (10/12)...

asked Oct 23 '13 at 07:21
Blank
Denniss
116 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.09K Views
Treating Capital as Expenses during the first year

I believe that during the first year of operations a new LLC can treat all capital (up to $50,000) as expenses instead of having to amortize over 180 months. I have 3 questions related to...

asked Oct 26 '13 at 02:45
Blank
John E Watson
14 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
1.9K Views
Can an LLC/SCorp make different employer contributions to 401k for each owner?

If we have more than one owners in an LLC1 with no other employees I am unsure or confused about how much each owner can contribute. I was unable to find a definitive answer after searching for a...

asked Oct 28 '13 at 23:32
Blank
Steve T.
13 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.4K Views
How are LLC members taxed?

If an LLC is setup with two members (50% each) and the total income is $200,000 annual, how does that work for each member with regard to taxation? Does each member have to file an income of...

asked Oct 31 '13 at 01:57
Blank
Dustin Davis
272 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.51K Views
Equity in a project but not in company

Can I give someone stake/equity/shares or similar for a project in the company without giving that person any equity in the company? If not, has anyone found ways to accomplish something...

asked Nov 2 '13 at 08:32
Blank
Javier Figueroa
106 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.07K Views
Are there any hidden gotchas to choosing different fiscal year?

I'm setting up a C-Corporation (its Mid October at time of this writing) and planning a Kickstarter project projecting to raise $100k in funds by late November. As I understanding, KS funds are...

asked Oct 10 '13 at 04:13
Blank
Michael Lang
16 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
2.74K Views
Would like to hire a full time programmer from India

I'm looking to hire a full time programmer in India. Of course he would need to pay tax in India. But would I also need to pay tax in USA? If I've got an LLC taxed as an S-Corp in California?

asked Oct 22 '13 at 12:19
Blank
Ron
21 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
1.95K Views
In Canada with a Client from USA

I'm located in Ontario, Canada. I'm in talks with a company in the United States to do a software contract. We met here in Canada. I'm wondering what the tax and regulations of such a contract...

asked Sep 12 '13 at 06:12
Blank
Philip K
166 points

3 Votes
1 Answers
1.96K Views
Collecting sales tax for a web-based LLC in Missouri that ships product

I co-own an LLC in Missouri that ships products that we manufacture to people around the country. I am unclear on when to collect sales tax. There is a lot of conflicting information, and the MO...

asked Sep 24 '13 at 04:41
Blank
Joseph.Hainline
116 points