USA Questions

1 Votes
1 Answers
Foreigners Registering Nevada Corp

A California based investor will invest in a website developed and operated by a tech person in Europe. Since the website is targeting U.S. visitors, they want to register a C-Corp in Nevada. The...

asked Jul 20 '13 at 05:46
Blank
User26315
6 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
1.24K Views
How to set up an LLC company in USA and a bank account for operating the LLC

Possible Duplicate: How to register LLC in USA or LTD in UK and bank account, for foreigner? Please help me out to form an LLC company in USA along with a bank account to operate it. I am an...

asked May 21 '12 at 18:08
Blank
Avinash
1 point

1 Votes
2 Answers
1.08K Views
Starting an internet company in USA as a foreigner

I am a student in USA. And I have an idea for a startup. I have people with me (US Citizens) who are willing to help me establishing this company.So i am wondering now what do i need to do...

asked Mar 16 '12 at 01:39
Blank
Jeet Robert
6 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.35K Views
Should we consider a UK subsidiary?

I'm a US resident, and a few months ago a friend from back in the UK pitched me an idea for a SaaS product for the market sector he works in. We've built the product, and we plan to incorporate and...

asked Apr 29 '16 at 03:03
Blank
Dan Ellis
71 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
Can a non-US trustee/trust form an LLC in say WY and would it be considered as a MM LLC

A real-world trust that's not in a tax haven wishes to from a MM LLC in the US without any additional members and elect to be regarded by the IRS as a partnership. Can that work?

asked Dec 9 '13 at 05:44
Blank
Clint
1 point

0 Votes
1 Answers
1.21K Views
Setting up company in India vs United States

I would like to know the advantages and disadvantages of starting a company in India in contrast to the United States. As far as I am concerned, I have seen companies (not all) set up in the...

asked Dec 9 '13 at 18:48
Blank
Java Technical
152 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
My UK based SaaS product is not showing up in US searches

I reckon I should get at least 5x searches form the US as from the UK, just by population metrics. I get a tiny amount of US searches. (Which ironically convert much better.) Is Google excluding...

asked Nov 29 '13 at 01:52
Blank
Robert Wringham
6 points

0 Votes
0 Answers
US employer paying EU independent contractor

So I have an LLC in the US that runs a stock image website, and we pay designers who contribute images as independent contractors. At the end of the year we send out 1099-misc forms to everyone,...

1 Votes
1 Answers
Closing an S-Corp in California

Sorry for the California specificity of my question, but that is where I am located. I want to close my S-corp (I'm taking a full time job). Ideally, I'd like to do it before the end of the year...

asked Nov 9 '13 at 06:02
Blank
Dave
160 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
2.27K Views
Tax consequences to transfer ownership of single member llc to wife upon death

I have a single member LLC in New Jersey. Upon my death, will my wife be taxed (and how much) if I assign my ownership interest to her as per an operating agreement?

asked Nov 22 '13 at 12:28
Blank
Infi
1 point

1 Votes
2 Answers
Providing startup capital: liquidate rental property or take a personal loan?

A friend of mine is starting his own company based off my proof of concept and we have arrived at two alternatives for me to help him out financially in this endeavor in regards to rental property...

asked Nov 27 '13 at 10:25
Blank
F1 Student In Us
141 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
1.16K Views
Failing to file 83(b) election

I worked for a start up for a year and I had 1/4 of my stock options vested. I decided to exercise the options and purchased it on 8/15. I gave them the check but it was not until last week (10/12)...

asked Oct 23 '13 at 07:21
Blank
Denniss
116 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
Can a G-4 visa holder create an LLC?

I'm in the US with a G-4 Dependant visa, and I'm legally authorized to work in the US. I have a start-up business. Can I create an LLC in the US?

asked Oct 24 '13 at 09:04
Blank
Mamb
6 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
Treating Capital as Expenses during the first year

I believe that during the first year of operations a new LLC can treat all capital (up to $50,000) as expenses instead of having to amortize over 180 months. I have 3 questions related to...

asked Oct 26 '13 at 02:45
Blank
John E Watson
14 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
Can an LLC/SCorp make different employer contributions to 401k for each owner?

If we have more than one owners in an LLC1 with no other employees I am unsure or confused about how much each owner can contribute. I was unable to find a definitive answer after searching for a...

asked Oct 28 '13 at 23:32
Blank
Steve T.
13 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
How are LLC members taxed?

If an LLC is setup with two members (50% each) and the total income is $200,000 annual, how does that work for each member with regard to taxation? Does each member have to file an income of...

asked Oct 31 '13 at 01:57
Blank
Dustin Davis
272 points

1 Votes
0 Answers
US Non-resident - Reselling US made goods in USA (and globally)

Background: I am a US Non-resident and have no connections (personal or business) with the US. I have an online portal that sells apparel. Situation: Step 1: A global customer buys an apparel from...

asked Nov 1 '13 at 20:44
Blank
Make Me Aware
6 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
Equity in a project but not in company

Can I give someone stake/equity/shares or similar for a project in the company without giving that person any equity in the company? If not, has anyone found ways to accomplish something...

asked Nov 2 '13 at 08:32
Blank
Javier Figueroa
106 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
What to watch for when getting a TN work visa as cofounder for a startup in states?

does anyone have experience with getting a TN visa (I am a Canadian engineer) as a tech cofounder (aka software engineer)? How did it go for you? How did you handle the equity-only part, the job...

asked Nov 4 '13 at 20:01
Blank
Paul Lam
101 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
Are there any hidden gotchas to choosing different fiscal year?

I'm setting up a C-Corporation (its Mid October at time of this writing) and planning a Kickstarter project projecting to raise $100k in funds by late November. As I understanding, KS funds are...

asked Oct 10 '13 at 04:13
Blank
Michael Lang
16 points