Saas Questions

4 Votes
3 Answers
2.86K Views
Is developing a backend for a mobile application costly?

I'm developing mobile apps for a time and I feel I'm spending nearly 50% of my time for backend development, choosing the technology, etc. Now I have a new idea for a mobile startup. I want to...

asked Apr 21 '12 at 04:25
Blank
Newth
23 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
6.25K Views
What is the best helpdesk software for small business?

I’m looking for a simple, functional and cost-effective helpdesk software on the cloud. Which is the best to use for a small business? I’ve already tried OsTicket, had some issues with ticket...

asked Apr 7 '17 at 10:03
Blank
Bilbao
1 point

0 Votes
3 Answers
2.32K Views
Where to start our market research?

Our product is a cloud based application available cross platform. It's functionality, summed up, is to help you share the books you read with your friends. We are in the stages of market...

asked Sep 20 '12 at 17:57
Blank
Max Willmo
106 points

3 Votes
1 Answers
6.04K Views
Affiliate network for just SaaS applications?

Is there an affiliate network like CJ or LinkShare, but just for SaaS applications?There are only a handful of SaaS startups utilizing affiliate marketing as a way to grow their customer base.After...

asked Jun 5 '14 at 16:10
Blank
Robert Schaffer
21 points

2 Votes
3 Answers
2.9K Views
Lead generation strategies for SaaS companies?

What some of the best cost effective lead generation methods for a SaaS company?

asked Mar 5 '14 at 05:25
Blank
Paul Rathbone
50 points

24 Votes
10 Answers
6.22K Views
Selling my SaaS: been offered $500k plus 3-year management contract. How should I respond?

My husband and I built a niche SaaS over the past 12 years...it was an idea way ahead of its time that is now catching on and attracting attention. For school districts, so our addressable market...

asked Dec 14 '12 at 12:51
Blank
Jules
121 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
3.37K Views
Should I offer discount coupons for beta users when turning to paid service

This is bit generic question, however I would appreciate to hear different opinions. I have developed a user based over the last couple of months for my online SAAS business. Now I am going to end...

asked May 10 '12 at 04:21
Blank
Ruvana
6 points

8 Votes
2 Answers
4.04K Views
Offering bulk discounts on SaaS user subscription fees

Please note that I am specifically referring to SaaS providers that have adopted the traditional pricing model of charging per user per month, and have at some point considered offering pricing...

asked Apr 16 '12 at 19:37
Blank
Kosta Kontos
216 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
5.88K Views
SaaS and volume discount

How is the typical way to present volume discount to SaaS offering for large accounts ? If the standard prices are for example $50/seat/month. Should we define an extra segment starting with a...

asked Jan 6 '15 at 14:52
Blank
Mac
6 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
6.33K Views
How much does a SaaS customer support cost on average?

For subscription-based B2C SaaS businesses where the business is not charge for the support, but for the subscription. How much does on average customer/visitor support account to? In other words,...

asked Apr 27 '11 at 15:13
Blank
Simpatico
198 points

16 Votes
6 Answers
8.48K Views
Have the ideas, found the niche...what to do first?

I have found two completely seaprate niches, and identified the target markets for them both. I have comprehensive ideas and details on how the applications should work. I have a developer that I...

asked May 19 '10 at 08:00
Blank
Kerry
113 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
3.92K Views
What percentage of revenue should you allocate for R&D for established SaaS companies?

Assuming you have a SaaS company that is already generating over $1M per year in gross revenue, how much of that should you allocate towards R&B and product development?In the early stages,...

asked Jun 12 '14 at 18:41
Blank
Nellie Lee
12 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.65K Views
Marketing a software product to new lawyers, when their industry shows mass unemployment?

I am creating a SaaS software product that targets brand new law graduates. But statistics show that law schools are churning out TWICE as many lawyers than there is demand.So that means half of...

asked Jun 24 '14 at 22:10
Blank
Violet Hall
12 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
5.3K Views
How much is the average sales commission in B2B SaaS sales?

I'm currently running a SaaS and I'm starting to look around to hire the first sales rep / sales agent, so the last few days I've read a lot about creating a sales plan, commissions, base...

asked Jul 20 '14 at 22:46
Blank
James
6 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.61K Views
Should you show more then one payment durations on SaaS checkout pages?

On my SaaS app, I currently only have a recurring monthly option.Should I also add yearly and quarterly payment options (and offer customers a small discount if they pick one of those)?One clear...

asked Sep 3 '14 at 20:28
Blank
Joyce Mc Clellan
9 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
3.42K Views
SaaS pricing: many smaller customers paying $x or a few customers paying $x,xxx? Which is better?

We are in a unique SaaS segment which has few competitors. In terms of pricing our plans, is it better to charge a premium (and get fewer customers) or price them low and potentially get a large...

asked May 1 '15 at 12:29
Blank
Bruce Wigington
12 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
3.51K Views
New SAAS product: Adwords or GetApp/FindTheBest type approach for marketing?

I have a new task management app. Born out of frustration that the current models out there are lacking in a bunch of features you would think would be obvious plus I added a new feature which I...

asked May 30 '15 at 02:30
Blank
Paul Moran
6 points

6 Votes
5 Answers
3.6K Views
Is telemarketing an effective sales technique for SaaS?

Has anyone here had success driving sales for their SaaS startup using telemarketing, or is it usually just a waste of money and a way to annoy potential customers?

asked Feb 10 '11 at 11:55
Blank
Jon Kragh
185 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.37K Views
Entire sales process when selling to enterprise clients?

What does a full sales cycle look like when selling a SaaS solution to enterprise clients?Here is what I think is how it works: Try to find a decision maker at the company. Try to contact that...

asked May 22 '14 at 18:28
Blank
Sheryl Chung
4 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.79K Views
MVP SaaS application: should I send out an email campaign to prospective users half way through development?

I have a SaaS application I have made a 6 months ago. A month ago, I decided to shut it off and upgrade it. I have shut the SaaS down so that I may do another launch as the first version was very...

asked May 21 '14 at 16:50
Blank
Jo K
11 points