Conversion Questions

2 Votes
1 Answers
2.26K Views
Intro video vs just having an illustration with text?

Which is better for explaining your product on the homepage? There is a trend of having videos above the fold on the homepage that explains your startup.Maybe I'm biased by my own usage patterns,...

asked Jun 11 '14 at 18:40
Blank
Timothy Lund
12 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
3.27K Views
Would it be too intrusive to SMS customers once a month?

In the signup process for our CRM software, we collect cell phone numbers from customers. Would it be too intrusive to SMS a tip on how to better use the software once/twice a month?They would be...

asked Jun 16 '14 at 14:40
Blank
Jennifer Hillyard
14 points

3 Votes
1 Answers
2.05K Views
How to optimize your squeeze landing pages?

What are some tips for making high converting squeeze pages (where you only have an email signup and nothing else)? Do you have any examples of great squeeze pages or would like to show off ones...

asked Jun 24 '14 at 15:27
Blank
George Salter
16 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
4.62K Views
Alternative to reCAPTCHA to prevent automated signups?

I tried adding reCaptcha to my signup page in order to prevent automated signups (we're having a problem where someone is creating hundreds of accounts a day to spam).Adding the captcha resulted in...

asked Apr 19 '14 at 01:27
Blank
Mark Guy
7 points

3 Votes
2 Answers
3.61K Views
How to find designers who are also well versed in marketing principles?

It's near impossible to find a designer who has deep knowledge of what converts and what doesn't.It seems you can either find someone who can make something really good looking, but lags in...

asked Apr 13 '14 at 00:27
Blank
Joseph Black
17 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
3.12K Views
Best tools for CRO (conversion rate optimization)?

What are the tools that you love using for CRO? I'm just getting started in it. Tools could be for landing pages, split testing, newsletter popups, etc.

asked Apr 10 '14 at 23:44
Blank
Thomas Ward
12 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.23K Views
Best practices for SaaS user on-boarding?

What are some good practices and strategies for on-boarding users on a SaaS app?Most of my users signup for the free version to try out the app. How can I tailer the on-boarding process to result...

asked Mar 3 '14 at 05:12
Blank
Willie Kline
20 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.21K Views
Traffic has started flowing from Google, but zero conversions.

Where should I begin / what are some strategies to figure out where the problem lies? While the traffic isn't huge yet, it is still a good chunk of daily visits.

asked Feb 3 '14 at 19:59
Blank
Matthew Frederick
186 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
2.45K Views
Examples of email autoresponder strategies?

I'm searching for some examples / case studies / strategies / advice for crafting an email autoresponder series, with the goal of converting newsletter subscribers into customers of my saas...

asked Nov 7 '12 at 07:14
Blank
Bc Web
101 points

10 Votes
3 Answers
2.91K Views
When is it too early to measure conversion rate?

My bootstrapped saas startup launched only a few months ago. My traffic is growing steadily but still fairly low (~200 hits/day). Although I do consider the product validated (we have a growing...

asked Oct 28 '12 at 11:25
Blank
Bc Web
101 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.1K Views
Methods to track desktop software sales conversions

What methods are people using to track landing page -> time limited free trial -> purchase of desktop software? I'm having trouble coming up with a clear solution. Anybody face this issue...

asked Sep 23 '12 at 13:27
Blank
Richard Holland
109 points

3 Votes
3 Answers
2.55K Views
What is good conversion from trial to paid for SaaS?

I wonder what is a good conversion ratio from trial to paid for B2B SaaS which costs $10/month. Our service is about cloud management. We have conversion of 20% (20% of people end up paying at the...

asked Aug 24 '12 at 04:41
Blank
User84686
139 points

5 Votes
2 Answers
2.19K Views
What format for a software homepage will result in more sales?

Currently reviewing two types of homepages for software products: Stylish with minimum content on the homepage: boxshot, download button, buy now button and sometimes features listed as small...

asked Aug 12 '12 at 22:48
Blank
Techno
128 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.16K Views
Selling Software: How Short Can My Sales Form Be? People Are Lazy!

Ok, I want to sell software online. To boost conversion rates I want a really short and sweet sales form, because people hate long forms. So, what are the minimum things I should ask for. I guess...

asked Jul 23 '12 at 18:54
Blank
Mashup
15 points

5 Votes
4 Answers
2.24K Views
How effective is Facebook marketing?

What impact did your Facebook fan page have on your sales or traffic? Did you try to measure conversion rate: "Facebook fans/visits" or "Facebook fans/sales"?

asked Jun 20 '12 at 17:26
Blank
Activation Cloud
153 points

6 Votes
2 Answers
1.86K Views
Trial email schedule

The users of my saas app have a 14 day trial run to decide if they like it enough in order to stump up the cash for a monthly subscription. I'm trying to work out a schedule of emails to send the...

asked Jul 2 '12 at 17:37
Blank
User18616
131 points

7 Votes
3 Answers
2.45K Views
Should I be concerned with a low conversion rate?

I have a new bootstrapped SaaS app that targets small businesses. It has a 30 free trial offer. The visit to trial conversion is around 1%. Currently I have 9 paying customers with 360 trial...

asked Jun 7 '12 at 06:43
Blank
John
36 points

-3 Votes
4 Answers
2.21K Views
Does 20,000 free downloads mean at least 10,000 paid sales?

I have found certain shareware software products have large number of downloads. My question is if there are some 20,000 free downloads, how many of the downloaders would have actually bought and...

asked Jun 1 '12 at 20:43
Blank
Techno
128 points

7 Votes
2 Answers
18.9K Views
How much do "where did you hear about us?" type questions impact signup/conversion rates?

There's a truism I often hear - claiming that the less complicated the signup process for a web-service, the higher the conversion rate (as a rough measure of complexity, count mouse clicks to...

asked Mar 13 '12 at 00:52
Blank
Blueberryfields
426 points

0 Votes
4 Answers
2.69K Views
Converting website visitors to registered members

I've got a niche restaurant rating site, and there is only one direct competitor out there, that has been the go to site for this niche for about a decade. My site is different in every way other...

asked Feb 3 '12 at 02:15
Blank
Sam
509 points