Entrepreneurs Questions

56 Votes
25 Answers
14K Views
Entrepreneurs, what are the 3 best pearls of wisdom you've received for your startup ventures?

This is general guidance that you've found is key in achieving success. Can be marketing related, funding, technology, hiring, anything. If you could just pick 3 that you think have held up over...

asked Oct 22 '09 at 02:23
Blank
Chris
4,214 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
3.3K Views
Should I attend Startup Weekend if I haven't decided on an idea?

Is Startup Weekend worth attending for someone who wants to start their own business, but haven't yet decided on an idea? I have been exploring some concepts but haven't come across one stands out.

asked Jun 2 '14 at 15:12
Blank
Cynthia Mc Kay
6 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.45K Views
How do you explain to people what you do for a living?

As entrepreneurs, we rarely wear one hat to be able to say "I'm a web developer". If you are a solo entrepreneur who makes a living on the internet, how do you explain what you do for a living at...

asked Mar 30 '14 at 16:25
Blank
Charles Wilkins
6 points

3 Votes
3 Answers
2.98K Views
Cure for the startup blues?

I'm a solo founder bootstrapping my startup for the last 1-2 months and feel completely burnt out. I work 10+ hours each day since my capital is limited to get the business off the ground.What do...

asked Mar 29 '14 at 21:40
Blank
Janet Peterson
17 points

8 Votes
3 Answers
5.09K Views
Why have most successful entrepreneurs gone to ivy league colleges?

Is there any correlation between going to an ivy league school and being successful in startups? Almost every successful startup in the valley has a founder which went to an ivy league school.Also,...

asked Mar 26 '14 at 23:26
Blank
Martha Gonzales
55 points

2 Votes
3 Answers
3.07K Views
What was your FIRST job in life prior to doing startups?

Curious to see what other entrepreneurs started out with.What was your first job working for someone else?Update: It could be your first job in general (out of curiosity) or the first job where...

asked Mar 26 '14 at 15:40
Blank
Jimmie Harp
15 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.67K Views
What are some tedious tasks entrepreneurs should optimize?

What is something that you do regularly, which is inefficient and should be optimized?

asked Mar 16 '14 at 14:19
Blank
Michal Harper
25 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
3.51K Views
What drives you to complete projects you start?

I have started building countless apps over the years and always end up abandoning them when they're 80% there to completion. Usually it's because I start having doubts that it will fail or I lose...

asked Mar 13 '14 at 17:08
Blank
Stephen Parks
15 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.82K Views
Young entrepreneurs: how do you demonstrate credibility when you have little experience?

If you are a new entrepreneur (with little experience working for someone else), how would you demonstrate your credibility to investors while pitching your business?The team is one of the core...

asked Mar 10 '14 at 12:19
Blank
Troy Robertson
10 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
2.98K Views
Pros and cons of being an entrepreneur in High School?

Would you recommend dropping out of High School to pursue creating a tech startup?What are some pros and cons of starting your own company in general?

asked Feb 27 '14 at 01:14
Blank
Ronald Moffet
20 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.95K Views
What's the biggest mistake you've made running your startup?

We all talk about what works, would love hear what didn't for others. I feel there is insight to be had, maybe even more valuable, to avoid making mistakes others have made already. So what was...

asked Feb 3 '14 at 10:37
Blank
Levi Bowen
11 points

15 Votes
7 Answers
4.41K Views
Did having a business partner contribute sufficiently to your business or do you regret having one?

First-hand experiences only please, no books or blogs.

asked Nov 9 '09 at 21:28
Blank
Ondrobaco
131 points

-1 Votes
1 Answers
2.52K Views
Good starting place to finding and defining entrepreneur track

I am looking for some reading, either internet articles, books, blogs or experiences to expand my awareness to build an entrepreneur track. My natural assets are gifted intelligence very high...

asked Nov 26 '13 at 08:40
Blank
Kapish M
134 points

3 Votes
5 Answers
3.02K Views
What is the biggest challenge that startups face?

Question for all of you startups out there: What's been your greatest challenge? Or what have you needed the most help with? Creating a Business Strategy Raising Money (Finding and/or Pitching...

asked Dec 6 '13 at 08:01
Blank
The Start Up Team
59 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
2.06K Views
How to safely invest in a Startup?

A penny stock guy I know is always telling me about these companies he has help start up, and how he's made a fortune doing this. He telling me about one now that I can buy in for a minimum of...

asked Aug 26 '13 at 09:30
Blank
Fred
6 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.76K Views
Deciding the number of working hours to do per week?

After reading couple of work-life & time management questions, I'd like to ask, how much did you work, especially in the beginning (hours per week). I've been making preparations in the...

asked Aug 5 '13 at 21:23
Blank
Gspia
113 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.81K Views
How to raise funding without a prototype

I would greatly appreciate some guidance or ideas of more experienced entrepreneurs. I am working on a complex startup that involves the development of a robot with complex software. In order to...

asked Jul 15 '13 at 06:01
Blank
Pmolina7
11 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.32K Views
How to overcome this business fear?

I am a techie, now creating few amazing text extraction tech(yes, few of them are world's first related to web data). I am full time into it, and still I do not have any problem going opensource if...

asked Jul 15 '13 at 21:26
Blank
Akshayb
116 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.5K Views
Do you think its important to have an office space for startups?

What about a flexible, short term - office space like Regus? What are your thoughts about it?

asked Jul 17 '13 at 01:33
Blank
Shweta
6 points

11 Votes
10 Answers
4.39K Views
How do entrepreneurs start their first bootstrap startup?

I really want to start my entrepreneurial career, the problem is I don't have money. I am mid-level IT manager, read lot of startup blogs, articles and books and keep planning (aka dreaming) about...

asked May 16 '13 at 04:27
Blank
Ali
179 points