Entrepreneurs Questions

3 Votes
5 Answers
3.04K Views
How do I find good developers to join a start-up on a low-budget

Im located in Minneapolis,Mn. Im starting up an online business here in U.S with market focus in Africa.Im building an e-commerce (auction) site for the growing African savvy internet users. I am...

asked Nov 27 '11 at 17:43
Blank
Onu Kaycee F
21 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.28K Views
Do you think it would make a difference if customers knew you were a one-man-band?

I'm having a dispute with someone who has a commerce website, they want to maintain a professional image and prefer not to reveal to [potential] customers that they are in fact an entrepreneur...

asked Nov 27 '11 at 22:09
Blank
Mantorok
113 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
1.76K Views
Venues to reach/hire freelancers cross-country

I'm a design agency who does client-work through freelancers, and I'm looking to hire/partner with people in other states and work with them remotely to expand my reach to cross-country. Think...

asked Nov 17 '11 at 00:09
Blank
Vic Goldfeld
111 points

5 Votes
2 Answers
2.29K Views
How does start-up experience hurt your chances of being hired in a non-startup?

There have been a few OnStartups threads about how an employer could look at your start-up experience. Since this board favors people who are either currently involved in a start-up or are...

asked Nov 19 '11 at 06:19
Blank
Nicko
840 points

3 Votes
1 Answers
2.02K Views
Price, cost, profit, on-demand software by enterprise to "us"

we are 2 developers that have been working for a consultancy doing a mobile app for about a year, now we are ending our contracts. The enterprise that has contracted our actual/anterior...

asked Nov 22 '11 at 14:33
Blank
Tyoc213
41 points

3 Votes
2 Answers
2.05K Views
Platform to bring tech entrepreneurs to light

I've had this idea in my mind for a while now and I wanted some of your opinions on this. I'm a PhD student in Computer Science. I feel like the inventions that many students do just go within...

asked Nov 7 '11 at 05:09
Blank
Sunil
128 points

5 Votes
2 Answers
2.23K Views
Are books, videos, and blogs targeting startups really useful or are they just a distraction?

These days internet startups have gained a lot of popularity among young people and developers of all ages. Because of this same reason, many people have also started to benefit from this...

asked Nov 7 '11 at 13:29
Blank
Ricardo
4,815 points

3 Votes
1 Answers
2.36K Views
Which countries are easiest for non-EU entrepreneurs to immigrate to?

I'm a non-EU entrepreneur running a startup in EU. I'm looking for a country where I can immigrate to as self-employed. Which countries have favorable rules? Short application processing times, not...

asked Oct 26 '11 at 20:00
Blank
Brown And Friendly
43 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
1.69K Views
I am introducing a new service in my community and I am looking for effective ways to communicate my message.

I have studied information about other similar businesses in other states and I have spoken to industry experts and they have indicated that traditional advertising has not been effective for my...

asked Oct 21 '11 at 12:34
Blank
John Peterson
6 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
2.11K Views
Assessing the value of startup company for investment

We are a start up company set up 14 months ago. We were building few products which we could not finish yet. we plan to finish it in another 6 months. Since our initial budget were very low. We had...

asked Oct 2 '11 at 10:57
Blank
Fayaz
35 points

3 Votes
3 Answers
2.31K Views
Why aren't there many female entrepreneurs?

Its a striking fact that the ratio of male to female entrepreneurs is very low although the ratio is getting bigger day by day in good income countries, medium and small etc. What can be done or...

asked Oct 5 '11 at 07:31
Blank
Himanshu Prasad
51 points

9 Votes
2 Answers
2.51K Views
What are the typical bad personality traits and problems of entrepreneurs?

The list of personality traits entrepreneurs should have are all over the web. We all heard those, every startup blog has at least one post about how tolerance to uncertainty, risk-taking, the will...

asked Sep 21 '11 at 08:34
Blank
Mihaly Borbely
715 points

4 Votes
4 Answers
2.89K Views
Does going Public make the CEO lose his "full control" over the company?

I could not understand why does a company (hint: Facebook) not want to go public. I can understand that it is important for a CEO to have full control of a company, but if the company hands off...

asked Sep 22 '11 at 13:45
Blank
Pacerier
317 points

7 Votes
7 Answers
3.22K Views
Is it a good strategy to quit college and learn about entrepreneurship just by reading books at home?

There are alot of resources online about best books for entrepreneurs, is it good to quit college and learn that at home and then do a startup after learning it?

asked Sep 26 '11 at 05:42
Blank
Drew X
77 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
1.95K Views
How do you get data on prices and deal offers from local merchants?

What the best way and economical to get updates about the prices and offers from local dealers? I want to cover 58 areas local dealers/retailers from my city.

asked Sep 15 '11 at 02:11
Blank
Web2jeet
96 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
2.21K Views
How to convince a VC partner to invest $100M without having the $500K Feasibility & Associated Studies?

We are seeking a venture capital partner for a renewable start-up that has exclusively licensed 3 types of incredible 'waste-to-energy' technologies. The project team is made up of very qualified...

asked Sep 9 '11 at 02:13
Blank
Octief
1 point

1 Votes
1 Answers
1.7K Views
Need guidance/suggestion on tough situation

We gave a free product trial for 2 months with our first potential client. It is a unique product, there's a great learning process and we have had an amazing response from both students and...

asked Sep 10 '11 at 22:39
Blank
Kumar K
11 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
2.08K Views
What can I do to improve my "Brand" and website?

I recently created 2 websites about missed opportunities to build some buzz about a book that is currently being published. I would appreciate any advice, comments or suggestions about the 2...

asked Aug 18 '11 at 08:31
Blank
Keith
35 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.39K Views
Venture Capital Equity

How much equity should VC get for $400K in startup funds? And what's the best way to figure this out if I adjust my capital requirements?

asked Aug 19 '11 at 06:09
Blank
John
6 points

1 Votes
4 Answers
3.36K Views
Supplier not sent goods, now ignoring emails

I have a new retail startup selling electronics. I have a problem with a supplier that has sent some goods, but not all. The situation is as follows: Sent initial purchase order on June 7, a total...

asked Aug 23 '11 at 01:15
Blank
James
123 points