Seed Funding Questions

2 Votes
0 Answers
1.56K Views
Once you raise money from angel investors, how often do you contact them with status updates?

I'm new to the venture capital process. Once you raise a seed round from angel investors, how often are you supposed to contact them and keep them in the loop of things?Also, what sort of...

asked Jun 5 '14 at 19:29
Blank
Joseph Sanders
12 points

3 Votes
1 Answers
1.27K Views
When to start seeking funding from angel investors?

I'm currently bootstrapping my startup with about $25,000 of my own savings. We've validated the idea by talking to potential customers well before we even started developing the product.We're...

1 Votes
0 Answers
Warning signs of a bad investor when using AngelList?

What are somethings that signal an bad fit with an investor when trying to raise money on AngelList?

asked Jun 11 '14 at 17:56
Blank
William Blair
9 points

1 Votes
0 Answers
Determining valuation of a startup during a seed round?

When you just have a basic product and little traction, and seeking to raise money from investors, how is your startup valued? Are the valuation numbers for seed-stage startups completely arbitrary...

asked Jun 17 '14 at 15:29
Blank
Ira Snyder
7 points

0 Votes
0 Answers
How to prepare to raise money from VCs?

What are the most likely questions that VCs ask startup founders? And what questions should I be asking myself before even getting started with raising our seed round?

1 Votes
0 Answers
Is it possible to raise a small amount of money on AngelList if you don't have the product built yet?

I am a non-technical founder who has been using my own savings to create an MVP. Due to the type of product I'm building, it turned out to require more capital than expected to finish building the...

1 Votes
0 Answers
How to figure out the best angel investors for you on AngelList?

Not all investors are alike. So how do you filter out the bad ones on platforms like AngelList?We are looking to raise $250K on their platform. Attracting popular names likes Dave Mclure is tough...

asked Jun 30 '14 at 23:13
Blank
Charles Savoy
9 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
Allocating capital resources after an angel round: product development or marketing?

We are going to close a $200K seed round later this month. How should a startup allocate this early round of financing. Should you spend more on product development or marketing the MVP?

asked Jul 7 '14 at 14:13
Blank
Robert Futral
2 points

0 Votes
0 Answers
Not completely done with MVP and desperately need funding. What should I do?

I quit my job and have been working full-time on my startup the last 3-4 months. I decided to take the risk of investing everything I had in order to get the product built quickly.I hired two...

asked Jul 8 '14 at 01:55
Blank
Melissa Mainor
2 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
Why do most seed investors want about 25% of your startup?

How did the industry settle on this figure (between 20 to 25%)?What was the calculation that led investors to this figure if whether a new startup wants to raise $500K or $1M?

1 Votes
1 Answers
What is the value of a company before it launches?

I was browsing Gust and in their application form they ask for current value of the company. Most of the companies on gust are in the development stage or about to start operations after...

asked Jul 24 '14 at 10:23
Blank
Sky Buzz
36 points

0 Votes
0 Answers
Key points for successful and quick funding?

I'm about to go for our seed funding round. Before jumping into this, I would like to get some advice from the experienced entrepreneurs. I'm starting in an eCommerce company. What are steps should...

asked Jul 29 '14 at 09:55
Blank
Sky Buzz
36 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
How to raise money if you don't have a network or went to an ivy league school?

It turns out that most new founders that get seed funded usually get their foot in the VC door via: Recommended by someone Worked at a well known company like Google or FB Went to an ivy league...

asked May 19 '15 at 21:14
Blank
Juan Bourg
11 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
1.21K Views
Figuring out how much equity to give to angel investors for seed capital?

My startup is in the very early stages. We have a very raw prototype and haven't launched yet and so have no revenue either.Two angel investors are interested in putting $20,000 each in our startup...

asked May 30 '15 at 13:41
Blank
Darlene Vera
11 points

4 Votes
3 Answers
5.3K Views
Should startups send investors their pitch deck over email before the meeting?

PROS: Get a "no" early and avoid a wasted meeting. Provide foundation so that meeting time is more useful. CONS: Investors may forward deck to your competitors. Without presenting the deck in...

3 Votes
1 Answers
How often do you have to "report" to VCs after you take seed funding from them?

If we raise a small seed round on AngelList (less than $300K), at what intervals do we have to give status updates to the investors?Also, what kind of stuff should we update them on? Here is what I...

0 Votes
1 Answers
How do I contact a VC investor with the first email if I have no experience of raising capital before?

The proper way to contact the venture capitalists for the first time.

asked May 24 '14 at 23:43
Blank
jolt
11 points

1 Votes
0 Answers
Do founders get another another cliff after a round of financing?

Assuming you have been running your startup for over a year and now looking to raise a round of funding. Will investors require you to start again with a cliff? I do understand that all co-founders...

asked May 23 '14 at 23:14
Blank
Carlos Newton
7 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
Do you need financial projections when raising seed-stage capital from angel investors?

What kind of future financial projections do angel investors want to see for a early stage startup? I've seem companies provide projections when they are raising a Series A round or higher, but is...

asked May 22 '14 at 15:00
Blank
Vernon Hampton
4 points

1 Votes
0 Answers
Do you have to get all expenses approved by investors?

We will soon be raising a seed-stage round of financing from angel investors. Do startups have to get expenditures approved by investors if they will hold controlling interest in the business? What...

asked May 16 '14 at 12:55
Blank
Tonya Latham
9 points