Seed Funding Questions

2 Votes
3 Answers
2.91K Views
I have an idea for a mobile app. Should I fund it myself or raise money?

I have an app for an idea that will require around $100K capital to completely build and launch. Should I try to raise money or figure out a way to invest my own money?

asked Apr 4 '14 at 12:41
Blank
Alexandra Scalise
16 points

0 Votes
0 Answers
1.91K Views
Is this style of fund-raising doable?

Scenario Give investors the option to have 50% of their equity returned as cash in the event that the cash value will equal their original investment amount. The idea is to make this a LOW RISK...

asked Nov 12 '18 at 20:19
Blank
Jackson Rollins
1 point

0 Votes
0 Answers
2.36K Views
Not completely done with MVP and desperately need funding. What should I do?

I quit my job and have been working full-time on my startup the last 3-4 months. I decided to take the risk of investing everything I had in order to get the product built quickly.I hired two...

asked Jul 8 '14 at 01:55
Blank
Melissa Mainor
2 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
2.98K Views
How to raise money if you don't have a network or went to an ivy league school?

It turns out that most new founders that get seed funded usually get their foot in the VC door via: Recommended by someone Worked at a well known company like Google or FB Went to an ivy league...

asked May 19 '15 at 21:14
Blank
Juan Bourg
11 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
3.53K Views
Figuring out how much equity to give to angel investors for seed capital?

My startup is in the very early stages. We have a very raw prototype and haven't launched yet and so have no revenue either.Two angel investors are interested in putting $20,000 each in our startup...

asked May 30 '15 at 13:41
Blank
Darlene Vera
11 points

4 Votes
3 Answers
9.01K Views
Should startups send investors their pitch deck over email before the meeting?

PROS: Get a "no" early and avoid a wasted meeting. Provide foundation so that meeting time is more useful. CONS: Investors may forward deck to your competitors. Without presenting the deck in...

asked Mar 28 '14 at 05:54
Blank
Michael Feng
51 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.59K Views
What metrics are seed-stage investors interested in?

Our product is a B2B SaaS tool that has most of the users in the free plan. We do have a "Pro" plan, but not many people have converted to it yet and our marketing efforts till now have been to...

asked Apr 14 '14 at 16:43
Blank
Monica Crandall
9 points

3 Votes
2 Answers
3.39K Views
Has AngelList killed early-stage VCs?

Is there a point to trying to outreach to early-stage VCs when AngelList is far more convenient for startups?

asked Mar 2 '14 at 03:39
Blank
Janet Johnson
55 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.1K Views
Does having paid customers prior to a seed round hurt valuations?

We run a SaaS product which, until recently, was completely free to use. We're just starting to roll out a premium paid version and there are very few paid accounts.Would having this paid account...

asked Mar 24 '14 at 22:43
Blank
Leslie Parker
80 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
2.1K Views
Would VCs consider a site sold on auction to be a proven founder?

I have sold a website of mine on Flippa for high five figures. Would that work in my favor when trying to raise money for a startup idea? Or is that too small to even matter and not worth mentioning?

asked Mar 5 '14 at 06:06
Blank
Carla Blair
30 points

10 Votes
5 Answers
4.74K Views
How do you determine how much to raise for seed funding?

Foreward : Assume the beta release had been executed with lean a startup model and had generated impressive traction within a single city launch. In preparation for investment proposals for a web...

asked Aug 4 '11 at 15:47
Blank
Will Ko
268 points

4 Votes
2 Answers
2.28K Views
Traction for seed funding: free or paying users?

This topic was touched on in a fairly general abstract way in another post, but I'd like to put the question based on these specifics. Here is the business: Consumer internet web app Freemium...

asked Oct 22 '13 at 19:00
Blank
Seven Dials
21 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.38K Views
Are there ANY sources of seed funding for UK Startups that aren't "tech" related

I'm looking for funding for a business, lets say its the "creative / media" market. I am trying to get seed Equity funding but am hitting a brick wall trying to find this. all investment groups /...

asked Sep 10 '13 at 18:24
Blank
Darkcat Studios
190 points

6 Votes
2 Answers
2.11K Views
What will happen to the investments of the "Friends-and-Family" during a seed round?

Let's say a certain startup is currently in the Friends-and-Family stage. What will happen to the investments of those people during a seed round or when someone invests bigger?

asked Sep 23 '13 at 18:48
Blank
Abel Melquiades Callejo
47 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
1.96K Views
What importance does domain name plays in getting seed funding?

I want to start another dot-com company. So, can you tell me what importance domain name plays to get Seed funding? The startup will be primarily based on web and company name might not be same as...

asked Jul 17 '13 at 05:42
Blank
Gaurav Goyal
47 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
1.74K Views
What are my best options for obtaining small, early funding?

I am in the process of bootstrapping a tech start up. I am the business co-founder and I have a software developer working for free (with the promise of equity) developing our first MVP (minimum...

asked Jun 22 '13 at 03:20
Blank
User26740
1 point

6 Votes
2 Answers
2.74K Views
When is the best time to look for seed funding for a web-based app - before launch or after?

I have been developing a web-based eCommerce niche app for the past year and am getting close to launching. While I cannot disclose too many details, lets just call it a sort of Shopify, but taking...

asked Jul 2 '13 at 22:01
Blank
User1227914
131 points

4 Votes
5 Answers
2.44K Views
Fundraising seed capital with just a business plan and no product

We have a great idea for a product in a niche market ripe for a paradigm shift on the way business is done. All we have is a kick-ass business plan with detailed projections, costs, marketing, etc...

asked May 11 '13 at 05:10
Blank
Tim
21 points

3 Votes
1 Answers
2.12K Views
Starting a venture with zero capital of my own

Will i get seed capital / angel investment for my venture if the capital that i am putting myself is zero? I mean my venture has a fund requirement of INR 2 Cr for the next 2 years, after which it...

asked Mar 4 '13 at 06:42
Blank
User25293
16 points

2 Votes
3 Answers
2.18K Views
Do startups need to incorporate to receive funding?

If a startup is going to take venture capital, is it necessary to incorporate so shares can be exchanged to the VC firm? Is it the same with angel or individual investors?

asked Jan 19 '13 at 14:02
Blank
4th Space
125 points