Angel Questions

2 Votes
0 Answers
1.56K Views
Once you raise money from angel investors, how often do you contact them with status updates?

I'm new to the venture capital process. Once you raise a seed round from angel investors, how often are you supposed to contact them and keep them in the loop of things?Also, what sort of...

asked Jun 5 '14 at 19:29
Blank
Joseph Sanders
12 points

1 Votes
0 Answers
Assets needed to provide angel investors?

Apart from a pitch deck, what assets should I have ready to send to investors on AngelList?Since all the deals on AngelList are done remotely (unless the investor is local to you and you meet them...

asked Jun 9 '14 at 14:59
Blank
Kris Vesey
7 points

1 Votes
0 Answers
Warning signs of a bad investor when using AngelList?

What are somethings that signal an bad fit with an investor when trying to raise money on AngelList?

asked Jun 11 '14 at 17:56
Blank
William Blair
9 points

1 Votes
0 Answers
How to figure out the best angel investors for you on AngelList?

Not all investors are alike. So how do you filter out the bad ones on platforms like AngelList?We are looking to raise $250K on their platform. Attracting popular names likes Dave Mclure is tough...

asked Jun 30 '14 at 23:13
Blank
Charles Savoy
9 points

4 Votes
1 Answers
1.01K Views
I want to start angel investing with revenue I'm generating from my business: how do I find good startups to invest in?

I have a B2B application that is starting to generate a good amount of profit. Since I don't have any investors and reinvesting as much as I can already to grow my business, I want to start...

asked Jul 9 '14 at 14:56
Blank
Joy Joy
24 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
What is the value of a company before it launches?

I was browsing Gust and in their application form they ask for current value of the company. Most of the companies on gust are in the development stage or about to start operations after...

asked Jul 24 '14 at 10:23
Blank
Sky Buzz
36 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
1.21K Views
Figuring out how much equity to give to angel investors for seed capital?

My startup is in the very early stages. We have a very raw prototype and haven't launched yet and so have no revenue either.Two angel investors are interested in putting $20,000 each in our startup...

asked May 30 '15 at 13:41
Blank
Darlene Vera
11 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
Should you invest unused funding from a seed round? In a safe and liquid investment security.

If you raise $1M from angel investors and plan on utilizing the funding over the span of two years, should you place the funds in an interest bearing security (that still provides liquidity)?Or do...

asked Apr 12 '14 at 02:41
Blank
Bernice Cornell
9 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
What's the deal with being an accredited investor? Why does the SEC even have that designation?

I've read the arguments on the benefits for startups to pick accredited angel investors. But what's the deal about it from the SEC's standout? What did the SEC have to gain from even creating this...

asked Mar 20 '14 at 21:57
Blank
Julio Hearn
35 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
1.5K Views
Responding to investor's rejection emails?

How do you respond to rejection letters from investors? What some strategies to use it in your favor?Are there any stories of how successful startups used rejections from investors when they...

asked Mar 20 '14 at 12:55
Blank
Pablo Smeltzer
49 points

0 Votes
0 Answers
What's it like having a popular VC or angel as an investor? How do they benefit you apart from money?

How does a well-known investor benefit your startup? And what things apart from money do they provide for you to help you grow?I've never raised money before so I'm curious of how the process works.

asked Mar 5 '14 at 20:12
Blank
Carlos Vargas
20 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
How to check if investor has also invested in a competitor?

Is there a way to check an angel or VC's past investments apart from their own website? My concern is investors who have also invested in a much larger competitor.

asked Feb 28 '14 at 16:28
Blank
Arlene Davison
55 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
Can you pay yourself a salary if you raise angel funding (not VC)?

Most founders seem to pay themselves a basic salary when they raise a round from VCs. Does it apply to angel funding too? What would you say is a fair salary to pay yourself if you have raised...

asked Feb 4 '14 at 20:07
Blank
User30035
16 points

3 Votes
1 Answers
Few large investors or many small investors? Which is better?

Is trying hard to get many large VCs to invest in your company or using something like AngelList to get many smaller angel investors? What are the pros and cons of each approach?

asked Feb 4 '14 at 15:18
Blank
Rebena
17 points

0 Votes
0 Answers
standard liquidation preference with VC and angel deals

What standard liquidation preference you get these days as part of VC and angel deals? 1X, 1.5X (to cover the interest of the investment) , 3X, 5X... For example, in a investment of 250K thanks...

asked Oct 27 '13 at 04:10
Blank
Mga
21 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
Do Angels And VC Look Favourably On Prospective Investees Where Protected Equity Holdings Exist

as a means to enable investment of non fiscal resources across a wide range of disciplines into early stage enterprises we have devised a protected equity model that sees 'sweat equity investors'...

asked Nov 1 '13 at 00:33
Blank
Emile Emiabata
1 point

1 Votes
1 Answers
Does an entrepreneur really need to rely on incubator for angel or venture funding?

Does an entrepreneur really need to rely on incubator for angel or venture funding? I feel if an entrepreneur is already confident of a business and has sound business plan, should be given angel...

asked Sep 8 '13 at 21:42
Blank
Prakash
6 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
Low angel round cap hurt series A?

If you have a relative low cap on a convertible note angel round, will that hurt your chances of getting series A financing?

asked Jul 12 '13 at 09:06
Blank
Tom
6 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
How to find Angel/Early stage pitch events

We are an early stage company with a working product. We would love to gain some seed funding to help us market the product. However, we seem to hear about pitch events either in the paper or past...

asked May 21 '13 at 08:20
Blank
User25771
5 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
Common for angel investors to have put options for investment amounts?

I am considering an equity or convertible debt investment in a startup. As an angel investor, would it be out of line to ask to be given a put option? If the company raises at least $X from other...

asked May 27 '13 at 11:07
Blank
User6492
1,747 points