Finance Questions

0 Votes
0 Answers
Is there any free finance management application for a startup?

We are new IT startup. We need to manage our finance which we currently use excel sheet. Since we are engineers, we make the accounts in the way we know and thanks to google. But is there any...

asked Aug 10 '17 at 15:22
Blank
Naseef Umar
1 point

2 Votes
3 Answers
Bridge Loan from Relative with Verbal Agreement Only

To buy a capital investment and build inventory, a family member wrote a $3,000 personal check to my company. We verbally agreed on terms of 1 year at 10% interest with monthly payments. My...

asked Apr 13 '10 at 06:45
Blank
Clint
695 points

1 Votes
0 Answers
1.05K Views
How to start a venture firm and get large investors to invest in your fund?

I have had a small exit in a previous startup and looking to start my own venture capital firm. I'm looking to start with a fund of at least $20M. Out of which, I will put in $1M of my own...

asked Jul 25 '14 at 18:57
Blank
David Blum
7 points

0 Votes
3 Answers
2.25K Views
Financial Software for Running a Software Shop

I am looking for a simple software to do my financial status check and a bit of forecasting. It is not for a business plan, I am looking for a replacement to my current spreadsheets which I...

asked Jul 31 '11 at 21:36
Blank
Paul
140 points

0 Votes
0 Answers
What do founders invest in to grow your personal wealth (outside of your startup)?

Would love to hear some personal experiences on investments that have worked for you and ones that didn't.I am currently experimenting with buying stocks in companies I like and know will be around...

asked Jul 9 '14 at 21:13
Blank
Kenneth Thomas
1 point

2 Votes
2 Answers
Who would I sell factoring (accounts receivable selling) leads to?

If business owners filled out a form on my website indicating they would like to talk to someone about factoring and they have given me the permission to relay this information to interested...

asked Feb 25 '10 at 03:49
Blank
Dog On
308 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
How much equity is fair for joining a pre-revenue hedge fund?

The manager of a newly established hedge fund has offered me to join the company for 20% of the company + minimal salary. The fund is not profitable yet, and it would take a year, or two, before it...

asked Jun 3 '14 at 03:40
Blank
User33947
11 points

3 Votes
2 Answers
1.31K Views
Can you pay employees with a credit card? (not contractors)

Is there a way to pay employees' salary with a credit card? It's not because our startup is in trouble or anything. I figured this would be a great way to earn points on the card, which can then be...

asked May 22 '14 at 16:55
Blank
Thomas Evans
17 points

1 Votes
0 Answers
Do you have to get all expenses approved by investors?

We will soon be raising a seed-stage round of financing from angel investors. Do startups have to get expenditures approved by investors if they will hold controlling interest in the business? What...

asked May 16 '14 at 12:55
Blank
Tonya Latham
9 points

0 Votes
0 Answers
Raising entire money from one investors or several investors?

Is it better to raise your entire seed round from one investor or raise in smaller amounts from many investors. Assuming the size of the round is the same ($500K). What are the pros and cons of...

asked May 10 '14 at 16:13
Blank
Maxine Perez
2 points

1 Votes
5 Answers
Tracking startup expenses?

What are some tools, tips, and strategies for tracking expenses in the least friction way as possible?We don't have the resources to get an accountant from the get-go so I will be tracking...

asked Mar 18 '14 at 11:57
Blank
Peter Scott
55 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
What financial concepts should I understand before starting a business?

What would you say are the most important financial concepts one should completely understand before starting their business?

asked Apr 14 '14 at 23:25
Blank
Nichole Willhite
7 points

3 Votes
2 Answers
Creating a budget for a new startup?

Could anyone share a list of what all items I should be looking at to create an initial budget? Things like setting up the corporation, office space, desks, chairs, etc. The more granular the...

asked Feb 12 '14 at 12:57
Blank
User30105
16 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
What are your favorite accounting / financial hacks for startups?

Are there any unique tips and tricks that you use in your startup when it comes to credit cards, expenses, etc?

asked Feb 13 '14 at 12:29
Blank
User30111
1 point

0 Votes
0 Answers
European alternative to http://advsor.com/

I was wondering if somebody could help me in finding an alternative to advsor.com which operates in Europe (preferably Ireland). We are a startup looking for a company which can help us with the...

asked Dec 5 '13 at 21:11
Blank
User3069641
1 point

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.4K Views
Using existing PayPal and Amazon accounts for new LLC

I'm going to start out by providing a bit of background info here. My actual question is in bold, below. So my wife and I run a website for digital artists that sells download subscriptions. This...

asked Nov 15 '13 at 09:55
Blank
Jordan Magnuson
8 points

0 Votes
0 Answers
How does a joint development for a property work?

So I am planning entering a joint development agreement with a land owner in India. I will handle the construction costs and he will provide the land. So I figured the share division will be...

asked Nov 19 '13 at 21:51
Blank
User899893
24 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
1.68K Views
Equity split in a small startup with a silent partner

I'm starting a very small business, and I need some advice on a partnership arrangement with a silent partner, especially with regards to equity. I came up with the idea and roped in a friend as...

asked Oct 23 '13 at 13:07
Blank
Anonymous
11 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
What investment finance options are available to exit your angel investors?

Id like to know what investment options, equity or debt financing options exists amongst VC Firms for Entrepreneurs wanting to buy out their Investors stake in the business. In other words, exit...

asked Sep 20 '13 at 06:30
Blank
T.G. Van Zyl
11 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
Will a director's personal debts affect the chances of securing a business loan?

I am the sole director of a UK Ltd company (about 1 year since reg and turned over about £60k, no debts, loans etc) Before setting up the company i accrued a debt (which i am slowly paying off)...

asked Aug 28 '13 at 05:26
Blank
Darkcat Studios
190 points