Finance Questions

1 Votes
1 Answers
Will a director's personal debts affect the chances of securing a business loan?

I am the sole director of a UK Ltd company (about 1 year since reg and turned over about £60k, no debts, loans etc) Before setting up the company i accrued a debt (which i am slowly paying off)...

asked Aug 28 '13 at 05:26
Blank
Darkcat Studios
190 points

4 Votes
1 Answers
How do I deal with taxes for foreign (outside of the company's base) on an Internet Services company?

I'm creating a website that will charge users for a online service that is usable anywhere in the world, as an example think of Google Docs. As I understand it I will pay tax revenues based on the...

asked Jul 27 '13 at 14:21
Blank
Dylan
121 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
How can I check my service? (like consumer-proof)

I have a prototype - educational web service and I just want to get some real users - would they use it, their feedback and so on. And I just don't know, where I can get them. At the moment site...

asked Jul 19 '13 at 20:04
Blank
Joe Half Face
188 points

-1 Votes
1 Answers
Do infographics need to have a disclaimer?

I would like to create some infographics to publish them on Pinterest, twitter and the blog on my website. As my infographic will contain some public available financial data about companies listed...

asked Jul 21 '13 at 21:52
Blank
Alex R
99 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
Charging by coding hour

I was wondering and am having trouble finding... ballpark figures for what people charge by the coding hour (the market rate). I understand that there are many factors that come into play here that...

asked Apr 27 '13 at 03:23
Blank
Random Us1r
123 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
2.07K Views
Company formation for forex trading and paying taxes

I do work with currencies trading (Forex), I do have Forex traders who trade with my capital, and it is increasing gradually. What I want to do is to find a solution which allows me to run trading...

asked May 1 '13 at 23:38
Blank
Trading Fx
1 point

1 Votes
2 Answers
Describing an Upfront Cost in an Invoice Description?

My client and I have agreed to 2 payments. One is due right after signing the contract (due 7 days after) and another when the product is completed. I'm currently drafting the invoice for the...

asked May 9 '13 at 11:12
Blank
Cloudy Days
18 points

5 Votes
1 Answers
Do Open Finances and Wages Build Trust in a Company?

Please only answer if you have personal experience with this topic. I've been hearing of more and more companies that choose to openly display their finances and/or employee wages to all employees...

asked Feb 28 '13 at 02:25
Blank
Jeremiah Prummer
441 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
Tracking all work/items-delivered are invoiced

We are a small business and use Xero.com (which is an accounting system without ERP functionality). What we have found that we have at times lost track of items requested by the customer, and have...

asked Feb 10 '13 at 05:57
Blank
G18c
113 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
Is there a method for creating achievable financial forecasts?

Is there a method or set of methods for writing the financial forecasts and profit loss statements for the next two years of business when you have never actually traded? These documents are often...

asked Feb 4 '13 at 14:46
Blank
Matthew
63 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
Calculating mileage for reimbursement

My wife is starting as a dance instructor while working at a regular job. Her studio space requires that she drive a fair distance to and from the house, and I have a couple of questions on how to...

asked Jan 14 '13 at 04:56
Blank
John P
101 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
Rates where the Money Back Guarantees option is used

I have read several other posts on Money Back Guarantees, but none address my question, which is related to expense budgeting. We will be offering a service where we represent the interests of...

asked Jan 17 '13 at 19:25
Blank
Elenesski
100 points

3 Votes
4 Answers
Projecting Sales for Web Dev Business Plan

I am putting together a business plan for my Web Development startup. Cost of materials, marketing, etc. are the easy (fixed or one-time cost) parts - but I am trying to figure out how to create a...

asked Dec 18 '12 at 09:00
Blank
Itamar
116 points

-1 Votes
1 Answers
5.31K Views
Inactive co-founder holds 33% but refuses to dilute

We are 3 founders in the business. The two are working as close to full-time as we can given we dont receive a salary, we each hold 44% and 23% which leaves the last partner with 33%. He has been...

asked Dec 9 '12 at 13:46
Blank
Seventy Six
1 point

1 Votes
1 Answers
Financial data-feed

I am looking into writing financial charting software and am looking for the data required to get this going. The software will provide charting for any time frame for the entire inception of the...

asked Nov 21 '12 at 04:00
Blank
Mike
106 points

0 Votes
3 Answers
Seed funding question

We are in our seed round and the investors are asking for preferred shares of the company and terms that they own a percentage of the code/software and a percentage of the patent rights. We are...

asked Nov 30 '12 at 14:46
Blank
Devin Shavenoff
8 points

3 Votes
1 Answers
Holding and spending USD from Australia

My business is based in Australia, but most of my sales are made in the USA in US dollars, and most of the bills my business pays are also paid in USD (via debit card). I know that some...

asked Oct 16 '12 at 13:27
Blank
Paul Stovell
204 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
Evaluating an online venture on the basis of user acquisition and traffic

How can I evaluate my online venture on the basis of traffic and user acquisition to estimate the value of my company and do financial projections. Say, an online venture has 1000 registered users...

asked Sep 19 '12 at 03:42
Blank
Sourabh
288 points

1 Votes
4 Answers
What to do when an investor ask for a percentage of future revenues

We have a profitable hardware and SaaS business. some clients want to obtain a 12-month financing to buy our hardware. we need extra money to allow it. that would increase our monthly income by...

asked Aug 24 '12 at 02:14
Blank
Sd Reyes
156 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
Investor has $50,000 for 1/3 of startup company, founders have only $20,000 for 2/3 of company. How should the company be structured?

During the incorporation of a company, my business partner and I decided to put in $1000 for 1000 shares in the new company. The equity was split 33%, 67%. So I had 670 shares, and business partner...

asked Jul 19 '12 at 14:31
Blank
Mark
21 points