Budget Questions

7 Votes
6 Answers
15.1K Views
Best way to use $5,000 budget to grow my startup?

With the $5K that I have to work with, what is the best way I can utilize it to grow my SaaS app? The items should be measurable (so... magazine ads it out :) My app is an email marketing...

asked Feb 10 '14 at 16:04
Blank
Leigh Geyer
38 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
4.37K Views
How to monetize a low budget film?

Apart from ticket sales, what are all the possible ways one could monetize a low budget film / documentary? Options for indie film-makers are limited because there isn't a large production house...

asked May 13 '14 at 20:43
Blank
Armando Ridinger
2 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.99K Views
Best way to use a $200 marketing budget?

I have a very limited budget for marketing. How would you suggest using it to drive the most traffic to a social media app? The traffic would have to be targeted as well.It's a Saas social media...

asked Apr 12 '14 at 02:10
Blank
Wilber Villacorta
7 points

3 Votes
2 Answers
2.67K Views
Creating a budget for a new startup?

Could anyone share a list of what all items I should be looking at to create an initial budget? Things like setting up the corporation, office space, desks, chairs, etc. The more granular the...

asked Feb 12 '14 at 12:57
Blank
User30105
16 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.37K Views
Reducing risks for all three parties when developing software on commission?

I am comissioned to set up and manage a team to develop a custom software component for a one-off event. My client is in talks with investors for securing prefinancing, and so he asked me to write...

asked Sep 29 '13 at 19:23
Blank
Feklee
148 points

4 Votes
2 Answers
2.02K Views
Typical billable efficiency for a web programmer?

Out of a 40-hour work week, how many hours of actual productive work is reasonable for me to expect from a salaried web developer? (low-high range?) In our case, productive work means billable work...

asked Aug 16 '13 at 01:45
Blank
Contrazoom
186 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
1.88K Views
Rates where the Money Back Guarantees option is used

I have read several other posts on Money Back Guarantees, but none address my question, which is related to expense budgeting. We will be offering a service where we represent the interests of...

asked Jan 17 '13 at 19:25
Blank
Elenesski
100 points

3 Votes
4 Answers
2.56K Views
Ad/SEO Spend Budget

My question is, how should we decide how much money to spend on advertising if the return on this advertising isn't easily measured? For example, spending it on an adwords campaign to acquire new...

asked Mar 29 '12 at 08:39
Blank
User17220
19 points

3 Votes
5 Answers
3.3K Views
Startup Financial Plan

I need to prepare a financial/cashflow/budget plan for my startup. Can anyone offer suggestions about what items I should include or exclude? Are there any 'templates' available for preparing this...

asked Feb 24 '12 at 18:32
Blank
Ben Cornwell
16 points

0 Votes
5 Answers
2.35K Views
Hits per day Exceed Server Capacity Dilemma

I have not actually bought the server hardware yet, but I am anticipating that when I do, my budget can only allow hardware enough to support 2000 hits per day on my website. How should I handle it...

asked Dec 20 '11 at 16:32
Blank
Matthew
1 point

5 Votes
3 Answers
2.99K Views
How should I spend my limited financial capability to gain momentum in my startup?

I am a start up, with no office. fairly new to Canada with no financial records. No website (only Domain name). Working from a rented room. I registered my company. Imported a small stock that is...

asked Aug 19 '11 at 13:23
Blank
Ramzi
26 points

2 Votes
3 Answers
4.51K Views
What is the hourly rate of a freelance marketing consultant?

I am in a start up with very limited financial liquidity (less than $10,000) I reached a stage where my online store is taking shape, I have a stock of product now and enough to start a sales...

asked Aug 26 '11 at 12:11
Blank
Ramzi
21 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.48K Views
convertible debt term sheets and legal advice

I've just registered my new startup with the government so now the company is officially incorporated! (yippee!) I would now like to make a loan of about $5,000 to the company with my personal...

asked Aug 13 '11 at 11:22
Blank
Cmo
6 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.24K Views
Do you have a "data-mining" guy?

Right now I'm in the process of bootstrapping a start-up, so I and my co-founder are working pretty long hours. My only source of new information seems to be Hacker News at the moment, but...

asked Jul 30 '11 at 18:54
Blank
Philip K
113 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
2.32K Views
How important is a budget when seeking early stage investment?

Once we launch our product, we intended to raise our first round of funding. The preparation has already started, including the budget. I feel that the budget should be highly detailed, realistic...

asked Aug 1 '11 at 19:40
Blank
Stu Thompson
173 points

0 Votes
3 Answers
2.63K Views
Start up salary calculation for budgeting

I am trying to raise seed capital for my next venture and have a quick question regarding salary. There are two founders involved and both will work full-time, suppose if I mark the salary of each...

asked Jul 8 '11 at 01:26
Blank
User11074
39 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
2.8K Views
Average Budget for IT

What is the average budget for an IT Department in an eCommerce Startup? Asssume they are nearly 2 years old and have solid revenues coming in I'd like to know in terms of % of course. Also how...

asked Jun 22 '11 at 00:13
Blank
Cogito Ergo Sum
106 points

4 Votes
3 Answers
2.4K Views
Good resource for getting labor rates for developers around the world?

Looking to bring on some developers and using sites like Vworker.com. While looking for prices to offer I'd like to get an idea of what is a good price and a poor price for developers in different...

asked May 19 '11 at 06:29
Blank
John Bogrand
2,210 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.06K Views
spread ad budget across many countries or few?

Assume we have a limited advertisement budget that we are currently spreading it across 30 countries. Is it valid to think that by putting it all on a single country (e.g Italy) there is an...

asked May 10 '11 at 21:23
Blank
Cherouvim
219 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
2.2K Views
Startup budgets and competitors

I am finally putting the final touches on my business plan and have begun looking for seed capital for my project. In recent weeks I have come upon new data about the startup capital of some of...

asked May 10 '11 at 07:50
Blank
Miguel Buckenmeyer
482 points