SEO Questions

1 Votes
3 Answers
3.86K Views
Article writing service?

Anybody has recommendations for good article writing services for SEO purposes? Especially the one that actually writes for real people and not just churn out the article out of a random word...

asked Mar 24 '11 at 21:59
Blank
Adib
293 points

4 Votes
2 Answers
5.37K Views
SEO vs Media Buying: what is best for startups?

Which is better for a startup to focus on if you have to put all your resources into one basket?Pretty much every startup focuses exclusively on SEO efforts (which take a long time to get results,...

asked Jun 25 '14 at 13:25
Blank
Joyce Hundt
22 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
3.32K Views
Do links from authority sites that don't relate to your niche count for SEO?

If I get several links from authority sites that aren't really related to my site's topic, would they count towards an SEO benefit? Or worse, could it have a negative affect on my rankings?

asked Jun 5 '14 at 16:09
Blank
Sonja Smith
29 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
3.3K Views
Can you do negative SEO on your competitors to gain the #1 spot?

For my target keyword I am ranking as #1. Lately I've started seeing strange backlinks (lots of them) in Google Webmaster Tools.I suspect one of my competitors is doing it to potentially screw up...

asked Jun 19 '14 at 01:42
Blank
Kevin Kinder
11 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
5.2K Views
Does private whois registration significantly affect your Google rankings?

I have a high quality content site that was consistently growing the last three months. The backlinks are from authority sites.Just a few days after I changed my whois registration to private, my...

asked Jun 23 '14 at 12:28
Blank
Albert Vaughan
7 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.9K Views
Is it possible to rank high in Google without many backlinks but only great quality content?

How large of a factor do backlinks play in SEO rankings in Google?Is it possible to rank high for moderately competitive terms with little or no backlinks?If I put out great high quality content,...

asked Jul 11 '14 at 14:25
Blank
Roland Henderson
7 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
2.35K Views
How to deal with negative SEO efforts from competitors?

Lately I have had someone constantly post thousands of spam blog comments which have links that point to my site. It is a huge amount of work trying to keep up with disavowing these links in Google...

asked Sep 9 '14 at 15:14
Blank
Patrick Gonzalez
14 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
3.83K Views
Google says distributing widgets that your users can use on their websites is black hat SEO. How to do it in a white hat way?

Matt Cutts, the head of web spam at Google, made a statement that site owners should nofollow any link on widgets they distribute. So apparently this common practice has also now become gray/black...

asked May 27 '14 at 16:26
Blank
Julia Levine
12 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
20.4K Views
Why do so many startups use .io domain names?

The only reason I can see is that .com domains for the name you want are hard to come by. Apart from that reason, is there any other benefit to an .io domain? What are the Pros and Cons of using...

asked May 13 '14 at 13:40
Blank
William Cunningham
14 points

6 Votes
12 Answers
8.12K Views
Outsourcing SEO on sites like Fiverr

I saw a lot of posts on Fiverr where people who offer creating 1000's of backlinks to your website for a pretty low price. Is it a good way to improve my SEO? Is it safe to use this technique? I...

asked Feb 14 '12 at 11:44
Blank
Salmon
970 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
3.67K Views
Is SEO dead for thin sites that deal with affiliate marketing?

Google has made it public in their guidelines that too many affiliate links on a site effects it's rankings significantly.Does that mean sites that are completely about affiliate marketing...

asked Apr 12 '14 at 00:40
Blank
Gary Taylor
12 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
2.91K Views
Is link building dead for SEO?

With all the information being dispensed by Matt Cutts and the Google web spam team, is link building soon going to be dead. In terms of not being a prominent factor in rankings?Especially since...

asked Apr 3 '14 at 10:41
Blank
Christopher Arnold
11 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.4K Views
My personal blog is buried under social media accounts when I Google my own name? How to get my blog to show up first?

When I Google my own name, all my social media accounts (LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, etc) show up before my personal blog. What can I do to ensure my Blog gets listed before the social...

asked Mar 31 '14 at 11:57
Blank
Megan Sherman
7 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
3.74K Views
In Google's post-penguin update, which is most important for startups to focus on: SEO, content marketing, branding or social media?

Which one of these should startups focus on for the most impact: SEO Content marketing Branding Social media marketing The biggest downside of focusing on SEO first is that almost every month...

asked Mar 29 '14 at 18:57
Blank
Angelina Hall
2 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
2.19K Views
Factors that determine a quality link in link building?

What are things to look out for when considering the value of a link? What factors make a back link good or bad?The factors seem to change drastically every year. Here are some things that were...

asked Mar 25 '14 at 16:13
Blank
Michael Trent
20 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
2.69K Views
Bought an expired domain and it turned out to have a Google penalty. Is it worthless?

I purchased an expired domain on Godaddy Auctions for about $1,500 which had quite a few backlinks. I thought it would give me a head start with SEO.I, unfortunately, didn't research the domain out...

asked Mar 13 '14 at 20:55
Blank
Joel Mayes
35 points

4 Votes
2 Answers
5.2K Views
Marketing a start-up with zero marketing budget?

It's been 3 months since we launched our startup and it's has very little traction. What are some ways we can market it without using any money, just our time. Some things we have on the...

asked Feb 4 '14 at 21:50
Blank
Bethany Myers
21 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
2.25K Views
Most creative link building campaign you have ever done?

What are some link building tricks / hacks you've used that a beginner in SEO would not know?

asked Mar 4 '14 at 00:35
Blank
Charles Brown
20 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.8K Views
What is the hardest part of link building for you?

We know that having links pointing to our site is important but easier said then done! What is the hardest part of link building for you? Hopefully we can help one another out.

asked Feb 19 '14 at 06:14
Blank
Benjamin Beck
26 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
2.29K Views
How much do infographics cost to get made? Are they still a good marketing strategy?

Infographics were the rage a couple of years ago. Are they still effective in getting mentions on blogs? In your experience, how much does it cost to get a good looking infographic made?

SEO
asked Feb 17 '14 at 18:36
Blank
User30143
6 points