Link Building Questions

1 Votes
1 Answers
3.32K Views
Do links from authority sites that don't relate to your niche count for SEO?

If I get several links from authority sites that aren't really related to my site's topic, would they count towards an SEO benefit? Or worse, could it have a negative affect on my rankings?

asked Jun 5 '14 at 16:09
Blank
Sonja Smith
29 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.9K Views
Is it possible to rank high in Google without many backlinks but only great quality content?

How large of a factor do backlinks play in SEO rankings in Google?Is it possible to rank high for moderately competitive terms with little or no backlinks?If I put out great high quality content,...

asked Jul 11 '14 at 14:25
Blank
Roland Henderson
7 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
3.83K Views
Google says distributing widgets that your users can use on their websites is black hat SEO. How to do it in a white hat way?

Matt Cutts, the head of web spam at Google, made a statement that site owners should nofollow any link on widgets they distribute. So apparently this common practice has also now become gray/black...

asked May 27 '14 at 16:26
Blank
Julia Levine
12 points

3 Votes
2 Answers
3.19K Views
Lesser known strategies with "broken link building"

What are some ways to improve results from "broken link building" (where you contact sites that have a broken link to help them correct it and also get a link placed to yours in the process).Any...

asked Apr 11 '14 at 17:12
Blank
Albert Lewis
16 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
2.91K Views
Is link building dead for SEO?

With all the information being dispensed by Matt Cutts and the Google web spam team, is link building soon going to be dead. In terms of not being a prominent factor in rankings?Especially since...

asked Apr 3 '14 at 10:41
Blank
Christopher Arnold
11 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
2.19K Views
Factors that determine a quality link in link building?

What are things to look out for when considering the value of a link? What factors make a back link good or bad?The factors seem to change drastically every year. Here are some things that were...

asked Mar 25 '14 at 16:13
Blank
Michael Trent
20 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
2.25K Views
Most creative link building campaign you have ever done?

What are some link building tricks / hacks you've used that a beginner in SEO would not know?

asked Mar 4 '14 at 00:35
Blank
Charles Brown
20 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.76K Views
How to check backlinks received between a specific period of time?

Is there a tool that will let me check which backlinks a site got between a specific time period?All the tools I've seen like OpenSiteExplorer just show all the backlinks.A tool that lets you see...

asked Mar 2 '14 at 14:14
Blank
Allen Linder
10 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.8K Views
What is the hardest part of link building for you?

We know that having links pointing to our site is important but easier said then done! What is the hardest part of link building for you? Hopefully we can help one another out.

asked Feb 19 '14 at 06:14
Blank
Benjamin Beck
26 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.57K Views
Is the market for link building tools large enough?

I am contemplating building a tool similar to BuzzStream for link building. How can I find out if the market size is big enough to easily get to $1M in revenue? BuzzStream doesn't seem to have...

asked Feb 14 '14 at 14:53
Blank
Charles C. Williams
11 points